Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 57

Author Topic: Knights of the Skies: Kolechia Thread - Early Summer 1916, Production Phase  (Read 54627 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Knights of the Skies: Kolechia Thread - Early Winter 1915, Design Phase
« Reply #345 on: June 19, 2018, 06:58:47 pm »

The issue is accuracy. Explosives are at least good for a near hit on an ammo dump, but the flechettes may missed even if dropped on target.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 19, 2018, 09:48:58 pm »

Personally leaning towards 2 dice to the Equilibrium myself.
Main reasoning is that if we spend 3 dice, sure we're probably going to finish it, but we'd only have just enough PP left to buy a single squadron of the planes, and nothing more.
If we spend 2 dice, we still have a shot at finishing the project, but either way, we can still deploy a squadron of the planes and have 2 PP leftover for equipment or a balloon or whatever. We have a balloon that could still use the spotter gear, we have bombs we can issue, we could even give the acrobatics squad a MG or bomb and field them if we want another squadron out there fighting.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 19, 2018, 10:27:26 pm »

The balloon that could use the spotting gear is out on navy trials. Best to leave that until later. And we'll need purpose-built bombs because I'd rather not try carrying our rather... twitchy mortar shells if I can avoid it.

Quote from: Votebox
3 Dice on the EFM: (1) Taricus
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 20, 2018, 05:06:50 am »

So, thinking about it, I think 2 dice really is the better choice- since we can buy a prototype squadron regardless, we can't buy more than one, and we will finish the project next turn (if we don't finish it now) before we have to pay double maintenance on the prototype.

2 Dice on the EFM: (1) NUKE9.13
Long Live United Forenia!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 20, 2018, 05:09:37 am »

Suure. We still need a ton of revisions for the Equilibrium and other things too.

2 Dice on the EFM: (2) NUKE9.13, Chiefwaffles
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 20, 2018, 06:57:11 am »

I can see the logic here. Gives us plenty of dice to improve it further as well.

2 Dice on the EFM: (3) NUKE9.13, Chiefwaffles, Kashyyk

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 20, 2018, 04:25:14 pm »

My last post was a while ago, so I don't feel bad for double posting.

What do we want to requisition l this turn?

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 20, 2018, 04:28:05 pm »

A radio? We could use it to design something marginally suitable for our aircraft.
Actually, Cnidaros, if we were to design something radio-related would we be helped by having a military radio?
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 20, 2018, 04:36:47 pm »

Maybe semaphore flags, so that we can signal to planes in the air?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 20, 2018, 05:05:32 pm »

I imagine flare guns wouls be easier than semaphore, and would allow pilots to signal back. Assuming different coloured flares were a thing in ww1?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Cnidaros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 21, 2018, 06:17:55 am »

A radio? We could use it to design something marginally suitable for our aircraft.
Actually, Cnidaros, if we were to design something radio-related would we be helped by having a military radio?

Yes, you would be helped by having the military radio to take apart and examine for design tips on how to make radios as small as possible while maintaining range.

Anyway, there seems to be consensus on spending 2 dice on the Equilibrium, but I'll give you guys more time to decide what to requisition or not.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 21, 2018, 07:01:22 am »

We could requisition a radio, I suppose. Unless there's some downside to requisitioning stuff?
Cnidaros, how does the army feel about supplying us with things? I know they will give us worse stuff if we have bad relations, but will they get annoyed by us asking?
Long Live United Forenia!

Cnidaros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 21, 2018, 08:08:43 am »

We could requisition a radio, I suppose. Unless there's some downside to requisitioning stuff?
Cnidaros, how does the army feel about supplying us with things? I know they will give us worse stuff if we have bad relations, but will they get annoyed by us asking?

They do get annoyed by asking, but you're not at the level where it affects relations yet.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 21, 2018, 06:58:02 pm »

I want 2-person bombers before we design a radio, and if we wait on requisitioning one then we might get one that's slightly more advanced.

Let's ask for a lighter, more stable explosive round instead, so we can buy one of those this turn.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 57