Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 57

Author Topic: Knights of the Skies: Kolechia Thread - Early Summer 1916, Production Phase  (Read 54637 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Knights of the Skies: Kolechia Thread - Early Winter 1915, Design Phase
« Reply #330 on: June 19, 2018, 03:08:48 pm »

I'd really prefer to focus on the north, since if we win there another once or twice, we'll cut off their advance in the centre from supplies, meaning we win two fronts for the price of one.
Long Live United Forenia!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 19, 2018, 03:12:01 pm »

I vote we go full air superiority. Just all of our feathers in the mid go anti-Rhino. My idea is if we force them out of the air, we can make them deal with dogfighting stuff, and that will give us time to design a proper bomber and/or spy craft.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 19, 2018, 03:14:58 pm »

Which reminds me, I think at least for now we can have a two seats plane at double duty for bombing and photography.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 19, 2018, 03:16:00 pm »

the mid
No, seriously, if we take Demisonne, the central front falls automagically. Why are you talking about the central front like it's the most important?
Long Live United Forenia!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 19, 2018, 03:17:34 pm »

the mid
No, seriously, if we take Demisonne, the central front falls automagically. Why are you talking about the central front like it's the most important?
Because we fight a lot there. Let's take the city then.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 19, 2018, 03:24:05 pm »

I can see the logic behind pushing North, but may I offer an alternative.

We push mid. But not  the main front. We put enough there to slow them down, but we put the majority at the West and East edges of their salient to cut them off. If we sever the salient at its thin point we negate their gains entirely.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 19, 2018, 03:43:33 pm »

I don't think we have enough sway to call for an envelopment, and if we just try it ourselves they might start talking about demoting us.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 19, 2018, 04:07:14 pm »

Unless the troops on the ground are specifically ordered to hold position, they'll naturally start advancing as we give them the edge over the defenders.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 19, 2018, 04:28:17 pm »

Our fighter still needs some fixes to be fully effective.

Anyway, our enemy has 5 Rhino's and 3 Sky Eyes on the field.
We have  4 Feathers and 3 balloons, as well as one acrobat squad
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 04:35:07 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 19, 2018, 04:31:10 pm »

Double checking our abilities as an "Auxiliary Service", we get no input on general command decisions, so my plan won't work so well.

I still want to defend Estwice though. The Verusans will be gunning for it as a way to gain prestige, so if we can stall them until we get the Equilibrium out, we'll have the advantage.

Speaking of, I'd be happy to throw three dice at the Equilibrium now, then throw more dice at making it cheaper and not shoot off its own propeller.  If we're lucky we can drop it to a similar price as the Feather.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 19, 2018, 05:02:00 pm »

Down the line what do you guys think about developing flechettes? Rolling a bunch of feathered darts in a canvas and unravelling it like a rug over enemy lines would be pretty effective I think.

I believe that if we cause enough problems for the ground troops they might demand specific action from their air force, giving us more tacticool flexibility.

Fun fact, in my phone and tacticool is considered a word.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 19, 2018, 05:04:29 pm »

Why not just use a bomb? At least as effective and more versatile.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 19, 2018, 06:18:53 pm »

Ease of use, development and deployment. Plus I feel like darts silently raining down on the enemy will provide a sufficient level of fear in the enemy. Is that plane taking pictures or trying to murder us? I also feel like bombs at this point might be less effective attacking trenchworks - many trenches were designed to reduce the effectiveness of explosives within the trenches themselves. Simple doglegging worked to keep shrapnel and the shockwave from affecting more than a small section of a trench. A bunch of darts need only be dropped on an exposed section of trench to have maximum effect. And a few bundles can be thrown on a plane without needing to worry about weight or revising our designs. Perhaps it's make surveillance/ground attack double duty plausible and at least somewhat more effective than current multirole ops.

I also think we should requisition flare guns for communication between pilots as well as with ground forces.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 19, 2018, 06:25:30 pm »

The bombs don't have to go after troops, attacking supply dumps would go a long way to helping win the war as well.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 19, 2018, 06:32:49 pm »

True, but do we have the range or Intel for that yet? At this moment we seem to be working in concert with the front lines. I'm by no means saying we should eschew bombs completely, but an easier (likely cheaper too) design would help get us enough prestige  and experience in dropped munitions to aid in developing and fielding more suitable munitions.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 57