Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 57

Author Topic: Knights of the Skies: Kolechia Thread - Early Summer 1916, Production Phase  (Read 54654 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile

My goal is to make the synchro gear so good we can have it carry the rest of our fighters for this game.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And I'll back that idea; the french idea about armoured wedges on the propellers just seem... stopgap. The jamming, we can fix later.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Cnidaros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cnidaros, if we buy bombs for our planes would the mounting for them be free, or would we need a revision for the mounts?

You don't get any mounts when buying the bombs. If you order them to carry out bombing raids, the mortar rounds will simply be carried in the cockpit and thrown over the side, like the Verusan grenades.

Anyway, the votebox is a little muddled. I will say you can't assign two dice to a revision, but you can do two revisions, each for different aspects of the same thing.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I will say you can't assign two dice to a revision
Wait, what? Why not?
Long Live United Forenia!

Cnidaros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I thought Cinder Spires had a rule against making two revisions of the same thing, but now that I've checked, it's actually a rule against conditional dice-rolling and similar revisions. Sorry about that, you can double-roll revisions as well, and I'll take the higher roll.

Anyway, still need a tie-breaking somewhere. And Kashyyk seems to be voting to spend 1 on the Foster mount, 2 on the sync gear and save 1, when you only have 3 dice now.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

On the phone so can't, I will vote for one dice for fixing the sync gears
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Quote from: Vote Box
Advanced Foster Mount: (5) Doomblade, kashyyk, Taricus, Doomblade, 10ebbor10
Fix the Sync Gear (2 dice): (2) Kashyyk, Doomblade
Fix the Sync Gear (1 die):  (3) Taricus, Nirur, Rockeater
Airman's Uniform: (2) Taricus, 10ebbir10
Protected Propellers: (1) Nirur
Fix the Jamming: (1) Nirur

Save 1 die: (1) Kashyyk

Like thus?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Advanced Foster Mount: (5) Doomblade, kashyyk, Taricus, Doomblade, 10ebbor10
Fix the Sync Gear (2 dice): (3) Kashyyk, Doomblade, Nirur
Fix the Sync Gear (1 die):  (2) Taricus, Rockeater

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Advanced Foster Mount: (6) Doomblade, kashyyk, Taricus, Doomblade, 10ebbor10, NUKE9.13
Fix the Sync Gear (2 dice): (4) Kashyyk, Doomblade, Nirur, NUKE9.13

Long Live United Forenia!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

I thought we had four dice left, I apologise.

Advanced Foster Mount: (6) Doomblade, kashyyk, Taricus, Doomblade, 10ebbor10, NUKE9.13
Fix the Sync Gear (2 dice): (4) Kashyyk, Doomblade, Nirur, NUKE9.13

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I thought we have 2 dice
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Cnidaros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kolechia Revision Phase, Late Autumn 1915

(I’m assuming your side doesn’t want to enter any dice for this turn’s bonus!)

Advanced Foster Mount

This advanced version of the Foster mount replaces the awkward crank with a decent spring that pushes the gun back into position. This allows the pilot to remain seated during the reloading procedure. An elastic can be utilized to strengthen the spring, or weaken it as convenient for each pilot.

Efficacy: 4

The Foster mounts on the Feathers are upgraded with springs and elastic cords to return the gun back to the forward position once the pilot has finished whatever he’s doing. Without the need to stand up to reload, the Feathers should be slightly more effective in a dogfight.

Fix the Sync Gear:

With the gearing itself simplified, we can improve the performance of the gear system. Focusing on the propellor timing, we will get the timing as precise as possible. If possible, we will improve the jamming issue.

Efficacy: 4 (4, 2)

The instructions for improvement are vague, but the engineers set about the task of improving the synchronisation gear with vigour. After much calibration work is done, they’re happy to report that bullets strike the propeller far less often – a pilot might be able to fire two entire belts before the blades are in danger of snapping off, which should be enough for most missions. The jamming issue remains unfixed, as is the reduction in rate of fire as compared to a ‘free-firing’ Type 11 LMG.

It is now the Production & Deployment Phase, Late Autumn 1915. You have 12 production points remaining.

Spoiler: Projects (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Designs and Technology (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Squadrons (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Statistics (click to show/hide)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

We're going to need a lot of revisions to fix that.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile

We're going to need a lot of revisions to fix that.
But we are combat ready. And that is the important part.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, it's not as if we have to revision anything else.

Anyway, we should get another balloon squadron for the purposes of sending them to the navy, and grab some artillery spotter gear for our other two balloon squadrons. Any idea what we should get with the last two PP?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 57