Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 57

Author Topic: Knights of the Skies: Kolechia Thread - Early Summer 1916, Production Phase  (Read 54576 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Knights of the Skies: Kolechia Thread - Early Winter 1915, Design Phase
« Reply #360 on: June 22, 2018, 01:50:07 am »

I doubt radios will advance enough during ww1 to ever be small enough. If we want comms we'd have to go with flares or miniaturise our own radio.

I can see the appeal for infantry mortar rounds too.

Cnidaros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 22, 2018, 06:29:57 am »

Bump. If no one objects I'll assume you're requisitioning a smaller infantry mortar round.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 22, 2018, 06:33:17 am »

Eh. I’ll vote for flare guns. Seems like a nice intermediary until we spend the time on radios, and we should make our own proper bombs anyways rather than requisitioning another one.

Quote from: Votebox
Dice
2 Dice on the EFM: (3) NUKE9.13, Chiefwaffles, Kashyyk
3 Dice on the EFM: (1) Taricus

Requisition
Flare Gun (1): Chiefwaffles
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 22, 2018, 06:40:19 am »

Dice
2 Dice on the EFM: (3) NUKE9.13, Chiefwaffles, Kashyyk

Requisition
Flare Gun (2): Chiefwaffles, NUKE9.13
Long Live United Forenia!

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 22, 2018, 06:43:56 am »

Dice
2 Dice on the EFM: (4) NUKE9.13, Chiefwaffles, Kashyyk, Jilladilla

Requisition
Flare Gun (3): Chiefwaffles, NUKE9.13, Jilladilla

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Cnidaros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 22, 2018, 09:17:03 am »

Kolechia Design Phase, Early Winter 1915

Equilibrium Fighter Monoplane (2 dice spent)

Progress: 10+5+3 = 18/19. 4 PP spent.

With a burst of effort by the engineers, the Equilibrium is almost ready to be rolled out – but not quite yet. A few final papers still remain to be signed before the factories can be retooled, not to mention the still-shelved debate about whether the Equilibrium’s name is a mouthful to say. Regardless, the Equilibrium should be ready for mass deployment in the following months.

Equilibrium Fighter Monoplane | 18/19 progress | 2 PP per die | Rushed 0 times | 10 PP invested

Requisition: Flare Gun

Most Kolechian infantry still rely on their good old flag banners to signal a charge, but the army’s designers do have a relatively new model of flare gun they’re willing to turn over for your use. The KF-15 Signal-Illumination Flare Pistol is a simple flare pistol that fires white and red flares only. The white flares in particular are extremely bright, allowing infantry to have momentary lighting when executing a night attack. These flare pistols are single-shot only, but they are cheap enough that multiple can be issued to each pilot.

KF-15 Signal-Illumination Flare Pistol: The K-15 fires red flares for signalling and white for illumination, allowing planes to signal to the ground. Each pistol is single-shot only but are cheap enough to be issued in bulk.

It is now the Revision Phase, Early Winter 1915. You have 3 dice remaining to spend on Revisions or bank for the next turn.

Spoiler: Projects (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Designs and Technology (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Squadrons (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Statistics (click to show/hide)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile

Anti-Jammng Techniques

By test-firing type-11 with synchronization gear, we will fix any present firing timing issues and see if any additional grease is required within the synchronization gearbox. Should the quality of the gears be in question, we will look to improve them so that the gearing doesn't slip via precision gear-cutting methods. In adition, if an opportunity is noticed to increase firerate due to improved timing, then we will edit the geartrain to enable it.

Better Ailerons

The ailerons on the Equilibrium fighter are basically the same ones from the feather. However, this is a monoplane, not a simple biplane. The engineering team will work with the pilots in an attempt to make the responsiveness of the ailerons greater, and have the test pilots work together with them to ensure that the feel in flight is optimal.

Embedded Camera Mount

We will design a camera mount for the Feathers that will mount the camera on the underside of the plane, with access to glass plate changing, the supplies necessary, and a small lever that allows the pilot to rotate the camera angle side to side. If we have time, we will make sure this can be used with the equilibriums.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 11:24:22 am by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shoot the Rainbow
Two colours isn't  enough for effective signalling. It shouldn't be too hard to get a few extra colours in the mix, and in good faith we should offer them to the army. We should be able to produce Orange from calcium salts, Gold from incandescent iron, Yellow from sodium salts, Green from barium/chlorine compounds, Blue from copper/chlorine compounds and Purple from Strontium/Copper compounds.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shoot The Rainbow: (1) Doomblade
Anti-Jamming Techniques: (1) Doomblade
Embedded Camera Mount: (1) Doomblade
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did we miss the chance to get the prototype squadron made?

That hurts.

Quote from:  Votebox
Shoot The Rainbow: (1) Doomblade
Anti-Jamming Techniques: (2) Doomblade, Nirur
Embedded Camera Mount: (2) Doomblade, Nirur
Better Ailerons: (1) Nirur

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think we still can
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yep! We can until the project is done. Also, I support the extra flare color revision, as it will likely improve both usefulness of aerial surveillance and army relations.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I believe we voted against building the prototype anyway.

Shoot The Rainbow: (2) Doomblade, Kashyyk
Anti-Jamming Techniques: (3) Doomblade, Nirur, Kashyyk
Better Ailerons: (2) Nirur, Kashyyk

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's good, I thought it was design phase only.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wouldn't bother with the camera mounts for the EFM, those are meant to be dedicated air superiority platforms.

Anyway, more effort to the Synch gear wouldn't hurt.

Improved Synchronisation Gear: By aiming to get better synchronisation of our guns with the propeller we can more effectively use our fighters. By developing a rodless version and fitting the synch gear to the guns themselves we massively increase the efficacy of our guns. It would also allow us to mount multiple guns to fire through the propeller, giving us a heavy firepower advantage too.

Shoot The Rainbow: (2) Doomblade, Kashyyk
Anti-Jamming Techniques: (4) Doomblade, Nirur, Kashyyk, Taricus
Better Ailerons: (3) Nirur, Kashyyk, Taricus
Improved Synchronisation Gear: (1) Taricus
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 57