Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 57

Author Topic: Knights of the Skies: Kolechia Thread - Early Summer 1916, Production Phase  (Read 54651 times)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Knights of the Skies: Kolechia Thread
« Reply #270 on: June 14, 2018, 06:18:29 am »

Quote from: Votebox
Project Progress
(4) 2 Dice to Equilibrium + save 3 (No Prototype) : 10ebbor10, Kashyyk, Rockeater, NUKE9.13

Requisition
(3) Mortar Rounds : NUKE9.13, Kashyyk, Rockeater
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Cnidaros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 14, 2018, 02:24:23 pm »

Kolechia Design Phase, Late Autumn 1915

Equilibrium Fighter Monoplane (2 dice spent)

Progress: 3+5+2 = 10/19. 4 PP spent.

Kolechian engineers continue to hash out the details of getting the Equilibrium Fighter Monoplane into mass production. Enough progress is made such that a prototype squadron might be created, although persistent issues with the subpar synchronisation turn opinion against doing so. Within the project, a small group of engineers take time off to brainstorm a shorter name for it, but no consensus is reached.

Equilibrium Fighter Monoplane | 10/19 progress | 2 PP per die | Rushed 0 times | 6 PP invested

Requisition: Mortar Rounds

The request for mortar rounds without the mortars to fire them baffles the army quartermasters, but they comply anyway as a result of the goodwill won from conquering Derboise. The Kolechian army mainly uses the domestically produced K-09 “Dogbite” mortars, which are serviced by teams of four men. It fires a 155mm mortar round, which weighs 45 kg and is mostly high explosive with thin walls, sometimes blowing up the mortar when fired.

K-09 “Dogbite” Mortar Round: A 155mm high explosive mortar shell, carrying 45kg of high explosive. Is very temperamental when roughly handled. Cost: 1 PP.

It is now the Revision Phase, Late Autumn 1915. You have 3 dice remaining to spend on Revisions or bank for the next turn.

Spoiler: Projects (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Designs and Technology (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Squadrons (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Statistics (click to show/hide)

Cnidaros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 14, 2018, 02:27:40 pm »

Cnidaros, how much prestige would we need before we start seeing results? Like, are we just throwing away PP having that acrobatics squad? Or do we have to specifically request a budget increase?

A radio at this stage would be far too bulky and hard to use for a single-seater.

The acrobatics squadron is an extra roll each turn for your prestige to increase. Without giving away too much, you're still a couple of levels below seeing a measurable result. You don't have to request a budget increase, PP will increase once your prestige reaches certain levels.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 14, 2018, 02:38:49 pm »

I'd be quite happy to throw two dice at fixing the sync gear, and another die to a primitive bomb mount on the feather.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 14, 2018, 02:40:12 pm »

I can get behind a bomb mount. Means we can bombard Verusa better than their hand grenade attempt.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 14, 2018, 02:41:20 pm »

K-09 “Dogbite” Mortar Round: A 155mm high explosive mortar shell, carrying 45kg of high explosive. Is very temperamental when roughly handled. Cost: 1 PP.

We probably should specified infantry mortar, I think?

Okay, revisions.

Advanced Foster Mount

This advanced version of the Foster mount replaces the awkward crank with a decent spring that pushes the gun back into position. This allows the pilot to remain seated during the reloading procedure. An elastic can be utilized to strengthen the spring, or weaken it as convenient for each pilot.

Yeah, I know it's a stopgap, but we'll be using these planes for a decent while, so having our stopgap work well is nice.

I can get behind a bomb mount. Means we can bombard Verusa better than their hand grenade attempt.

I feel like we're adding too many role to too few planes. Spreading out our PW unnecessarily and using it ineffectively.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 02:43:22 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 14, 2018, 02:42:43 pm »

I'm hoping it'll work the same way as the MG, where the mounting is free and the weapon costs the points.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 14, 2018, 02:46:46 pm »

Still, I don't feel like it would be that beneficial.

Consider, we currently have 4 planes in combat operations. We have 3 camera's for recon, and 3 sets of machine guns. That's already too much stuff for too little planes.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 14, 2018, 02:47:56 pm »

Let's stick with foster mount and syncro gear revisions for now.

Advanced Foster Mount: (1) Doomblade
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 14, 2018, 02:57:11 pm »

Few more ideas.

Barrage net

A simple rope that can be attacked between two barrage balloons, or between a barrage balloon and a more distant location on the ground. Additional ropes are hung down from the net, forming a fearsome obstacle for pilots coming too close. A rope may not seem that though, but easily tear apart a plane midflight.

Efficient Hydrogen Generators

By optimizing and modernizing our hydrogen generators, we hope to reduce their expense of balloon systems, and increase the speed at which they can be deployed.

Customized Fabrics

A few artists have seen their livelyhood vanish due to the war. We've recruited these unfortunate souls and put them to work painting our planes in inspiring colors. This allows our wings to rapidly recognize who's who in the sky. In addition, some scout planes can benefit from more camouflaging themes.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Question: Will we have to pay for replacing the foster mounts with an upgraded version, or does that get rolled into maintenance costs?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I guess that depends on how badly we roll.

Advanced Foster Mount: (2) Doomblade, kashyyk
Fix the Sync Gear (2 dice): (1) Kashyyk

Save 1 die: (1) Kashyyk

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cnidaros, if we buy bombs for our planes would the mounting for them be free, or would we need a revision for the mounts?

Anyway, I think we might be better off revising our pilot's uniform before trying to do paintjobs for our aircraft. No least because our airmen would need better gear up in the air.

Airman's uniform: By providing our pilots with padded leather jackets and helmets, alongside some warm, comfortable trousers and a pair of goggles, we could expect our pilots to perform exponentially better. While the loss of capes is regrettable, it saves more material for the war effort (and the trousers), and makes Verusan pilots less likely to spot our aircraft effectively

Advanced Foster Mount: (3) Doomblade, kashyyk, Taricus
Fix the Sync Gear (2 dice): (1) Kashyyk
Fix the Sync Gear (1 die):  (1) Taricus
Airman's Uniform: (1) Taricus

Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile

A design for the sync gear:

Fix the Sync Gear:

With the gearing itself simplified, we can improve the performance of the gear system. Focusing on the propellor timing, we will get the timing as precise as possible. If possible, we will improve the jamming issue.

Advanced Foster Mount: (4) Doomblade, kashyyk, Taricus, Doomblade
Fix the Sync Gear (2 dice): (2) Kashyyk, Doomblade
Fix the Sync Gear (1 die):  (1) Taricus

In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Protected Propellers - The French have already figured out a fix for our problems, let's use their ideas. Armored deflector wedges in the propellers will allow allow the planes to continue to fly even if our synchronization gear occasionally fails.

Fix the Jamming - Our pilots can't shoot if their guns are constantly jammed. We need to fix that, or at least make it easier to clear the jamming.

Quote from: Vote Box
Advanced Foster Mount: (4) Doomblade, kashyyk, Taricus, Doomblade
Fix the Sync Gear (2 dice): (2) Kashyyk, Doomblade
Fix the Sync Gear (1 die):  (2) Taricus, Nirur
Protected Propellers: (1) Nirur
Fix the Jamming: (1) Nirur

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 57