Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 57

Author Topic: Knights of the Skies: Kolechia Thread - Early Summer 1916, Production Phase  (Read 54647 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Knights of the Skies: Kolechia Thread
« Reply #240 on: June 13, 2018, 04:26:28 pm »

I say skip the airships and just get better planes.

No more than 2 dice for the Equilibrium. We'd then have 5 left to buy the prototype.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 13, 2018, 04:28:32 pm »

Crimson eagles sounds good, though we'd need names for the rest of our squadrons.

That being said, we do need to give our balloon observers the spotting equipment, and we do need to devote assets to the central and now southern front. If we don't need to keep the Crimson eagles from the front at any rate.

As for throwing two dice at the Monoplane (We really need a better name for it that isn't so damn long or complex to spell), we might want to throw a few dice at revisions to ensure the planes are bug free and effectively top of the line fighters.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 13, 2018, 04:30:57 pm »

Unlike Spire Race, the prototype isn't free Kashyyk. It'd cost everything we have to deploy them with that plan, no room to buy anything else.

That said, I do support throwing 2 dice at it now. Just perhaps not deploy it this turn. Too much ground to cover.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 13, 2018, 04:33:05 pm »

2 fighter squadrons per front might be enough. Assuming we get the prototype, we could mothball (or scrap) squadron 1 and replace them with the prototypes, and use the saved maintenance to buy the spotter gear.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 13, 2018, 04:33:56 pm »

Yeah, no, zeppelins are actually pretty shit when it comes to combat. So the 'reward' is more or less worthless. I can only hope that Veruca hasn't done their research and decides to throw their dice away.

Anyway, talk of deploying a prototype... isn't the sync gear still toilets? Like, to the point pilots won't even use it? I'd rather invest only one die, and do some more revisions. Or, if we do invest two dice, not produce a prototype. Since doing so would cost us all remaining non-maintenance PP.
Long Live United Forenia!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 13, 2018, 04:35:41 pm »

Yeah, I can get behind putting two dice behind the monoplane and not getting a prototype, and instead using the PP to outfight our balloons as proper spotters. And pehaps spreading the aileron and LMG love around our squadrons.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 13, 2018, 04:40:45 pm »

We can try to fix that the gear during revision before we decide whether or not to build them this turn.

We could requisition artillery shells to add to a new feather squadron to break the siege, if we don't go for that route, or we could get those radios now. It's probably worth trying to revise them into the monoplane.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 13, 2018, 04:42:25 pm »

Radios in the monoplane. Any idea how we're going to power said radio? That, and given the concentration need to fly the plane, we might need a second seat to really make good use of the radio.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 13, 2018, 04:43:54 pm »

Cnidaros, how much prestige would we need before we start seeing results? Like, are we just throwing away PP having that acrobatics squad? Or do we have to specifically request a budget increase?

A radio at this stage would be far too bulky and hard to use for a single-seater.
Long Live United Forenia!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 13, 2018, 04:47:01 pm »

Hm. I would prefer 3 dice, but is good. Then plenty of dice for revision. We do need to put further revisions still.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 13, 2018, 04:47:51 pm »

I don't think we'd need to name the other squadrons. Part of the perk of being the most skilled pilots (other than not getting shot at) is to have a fancy public facing name.

Although if we did want to, I like the idea of naming them after our major cities.

I was also not aware that prototypes weren't free, and I believe running them before the project is completed costs extra maintenance as well. So yeah, let's not do that yet.

Finally, do want to take the Navy up in their offer?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 13, 2018, 04:54:06 pm »

And looking up the radios at the time, we won't get voice radio. So it's of limited use to us in a fighter anyhow. With our balloons having telephones, a radio set would be relatively redundant for them.

That being said, an extra balloon squadron + spotting equipment would leave us with 1 or 2 PP to spend, depending on whether we're buying enough to just cover our existing squadrons or if we're going to have a spare set lying around.

And we should take up the Navy's offer, if for nothing else but their goodwill. As for revisions, there's plenty we can do. And we can always bank a die for next turn as well.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 13, 2018, 05:03:15 pm »

The prototype penalty for them is only 1 extra maintenance, and we may be able to revise it down to 1 base (so, 2 instead of 3).

If we're getting balloon spotter gear, 5 PP only gets us +1 armed squadron, or another recon squadron + squadron 1's ailerons.

Having a pile of feather squadrons is not necessarily good, since they'll largely be xp fodder once both sides have better planes. If we manage to an equilibrium squadron out this turn, we're the ones starting to rack up more xp and kills (for aces).

I'm in favor of taking up the navy's offer.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 13, 2018, 05:12:45 pm »

We'll need another balloon squadron to take up the navy's offer if we want to retain spotter effectiveness on our land fronts, since we'll need to provide a squadron to the navy for such purposes. Though that means the navybound squadron doesn't need any additional gear.

That leaves us with 2 PP to provide more Ailerons for our feathers and thus likely increase the efficacy of our fighter sorties.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 13, 2018, 05:32:51 pm »

We only need 1 aileron though, new fighters come with ailerons standard.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 57