Glorious Kolechia Pilots
- 13 (33.3%)
Glorious Verusa Pilots
- 14 (35.9%)
Inglorious Midako Spectators
- 12 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Knights of the Skies: an Arms Race Game - Early Summer 1916  (Read 14330 times)

Cnidaros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Knights of the Skies: an Arms Race Game
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2018, 09:19:04 pm »

I'm considering designing the "Verusan Bench", which is a 0 cost, 0 maintenance wingless/engineless aircraft, which we can assign pilots to man during periods where we're upgrading squadrons or need to cut costs for PP management.

Efficacy: 6

The "Verusan Bench" isn't a proper aircraft, or even a wingless/engineless aircraft - it's an entire building complex designed to house Verusan pilots during times of transition. The army draft enforcers are assured that pilots are doing actual war-useful work inside. The complex consists of quarters to house the pilots, classes to hone their flying skills, and a number of recreational facilities such as Olympic-sized swimming pools and playing fields for them to unwind.

Unfortunately, word reaches the army generals after one-too-many picturesque postcards are sent home by its occupants. The army requisitions the Verusan Bench, which is promptly converted into a resort hotel and bar "The Bench", where the top brass go to sip martinis and boast about their latest exploits capturing another quarter-mile of territory. The army is pleased by this development, and suggests the Sky Crusaders change their name to Knights Hotelier.

There will now be free and unlimited equipment storage. Squadrons can now be mothballed, preserving their experience and equipment. Experience will decay very gradually for mothballed squadrons. Mothballed squadrons can be reactivated during the production phase at a cost of 1 PP and only return after 1 turn: rather than in the next battle phase, they'll appear in the next next battle phase.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2018, 09:30:07 pm »

Does either side need more players? I'm going to join, just need to figure out which side to join.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2018, 09:53:14 pm »

Don't know. Poll says it's the filthy Kol's but it's probably unreliable. I think both sides are more or less even right now.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Cnidaros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2018, 10:02:12 pm »

Yeah both sides are pretty equal in terms of player count and activity. I guess it's up to the players to convince you which side you should join.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2018, 10:03:12 pm »

We have kolechian pride.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2018, 10:07:39 pm »

Does anyone else find it weird that it takes 1 full turn to unmothball a squadron, yet we can assemble an entirely new squadron and use it in the same turn?

Edit:
Could have it so we need to wait a turn before we can use a new squadron. Could have it so we can unmothball and use a squadron in the same turn (maybe increase the activation cost, it would make sense if it was equal to the upkeep cost). Or could leave it weird and illogical.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 10:15:13 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2018, 01:00:36 am »

Heh, subtle.

Verusa gets a PP boost. The very turn therafter they argue to change a lot of rules to allow equipment storage and squad storage, significantly benefitting them.

I think that any changes in rules need to be delayed at least 1 turn to prevent this partisan rule advocacy.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2018, 01:20:55 am »

Did the Kol's not get 2 more PP last turn, too...?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 01:52:30 am by evictedSaint »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2018, 01:48:07 am »

I'm not too bothered by losing aircraft that don't have their upkeep paid, but I do like the idea of at least keeping the pilots.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2018, 03:52:38 am »

Did the Kol's not get 2 more PP last turn, too...?

No. You got an award that gave you extra PP. We didn't win anything.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2018, 04:09:19 am »

I'm not seeing what you're talking about; the battle report doesn't talk at all about gaining an award.

The only mention is about how "High command has increased your budget by 2 PP, as the country devotes more factories to war" but that happened last turn, too - did you not get a PP bonus this turn or are you talking about something else?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2018, 04:26:06 am »

He means the contest reward, for your flag.

I don't doubt that you requested this rules change as a result of your circumstances, but I likewise doubt that there was anything malicious about it. I'm fine with the new rules, and if it gives you some tiny advantage, eh, no big deal.
Long Live United Forenia!

Khang36

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2018, 10:57:48 am »

Honestly the bonus PP was so early in all the extra stuff you can get from it will be obsolete soon enough

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2018, 02:50:47 pm »

Kolechian Pilot, Colorized:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2018, 02:52:56 pm »

Damn, have we somehow made your pilots afraid of getting into the air already? :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9