Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: A Drab Plane Game of Gods [Godgame][IC] [More Brackets]  (Read 2652 times)

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
Re: A Drab Plane Game of Gods [Godgame][IC] [More Brackets]
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2018, 12:57:02 pm »

the new world stretched before it, attention on the small continent full of future supplicants. Lizard nomads, likely to trend towards strength in community. Admirable, perhaps, but static. This community will stay safe, like a herd of the grazing animals meandering across the savannah. No, the tribes in the jungle would make a more suitable home.

In one of the clearings of the jungle, black volcanic rock stretches for miles. An old living site, perhaps, once containing many villagers before they were scoured from their homes. To any outsider observing, it would seem as though the black glassy rock began melting again, bubbling until gallons of the viscuous rock began to spread out. Slowly, the magma rose to a certain shape, a doorway perhaps, before the magma seemed to be shrinking. Slowly the lava was compressed - excess gasses escaping from being crushed into an impossibly small space - until it forms an entirely one-dimensional pane near 20 feet high. The lava glows and moves in impossible ways, yet heat does not escape. Certain individuals, only those chosen by the great Richard, could pass through and enter the small pocket fractal dimension, forming the Vault of Richard Nixon.

Hear this, i'll be presiding over this world before you all know what's happening.

In it's fractal home, Richard Nixon began shaping essence. The way it saw things, mortals were going to be one of the better sources of essence for a shmuck like him, too slow to claim a vault in one of the plains.

"Just my luck, I would have loved the Plane of Fire. Wishes and fishes, I guess." Imperceptibly small variations in shifting fractals would indicate a shifting of perspective around the Vault, to those who knew what to look for. "In any case, this place isn't so bad. I just need something to get leverage on these jungle boys. Perhaps a crown? No..."

An ancient memory, older even, perhaps, than the ripened fruits of essence currently trying to challenge it. Richard felt compelled to change the shape according to this memory, not quite knowing what the end result would be, until, with a final burning wave of essence settling into a physical shape, a pipe is formed.

Richard Nixon attempts to shape one Essence into an anomalous artifact: Vigilance. It takes the form of a pipe that - when filled with any sort of herb or leaf that is smoked - increases the perception and intuition of whoever owns it. Vigilance can reveal some things that might not be obvious in social situations, and give hints of instinct and intuition to come out on top in any social interaction. The increase in skill is incredibly useful, but not infallible; those particularly stupid or inelegant in conversation will only find their skill raised to a normal member of society, not a demagogue.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 01:12:53 pm by ggamer »

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2018, 02:25:51 pm »

Colruk was angry at all the disorder in these mortals but even more displeased by the volcano and decide to make something to shake them into proper order, thus spending 4E to make a species know as Drilt, these creatures enjoy hot places and are know to keep a volcano from erupting, how they do this is by diverting the pressure through their tunnels, if inside an already they make side tunnels to funnel out the lava to the surface, and they form colonies and look quite the same as ants just a lot bigger, their diet contains meat, plants, and minerals, of course because of all the minerals they eat they explode once they die, thus they are placed around the soon to be erupting volcano and yes they can be in lava without a problem this should make that volcano stable
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 09:08:18 pm by darkwarlock3 »
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2018, 04:42:53 am »

Fyiania decides to name her vault The Farm. It is a cornfield. All of the corn is Fyiania.

Afterward, she makes an artefact called the Obsidian Heart for 6 Essence, including her Essence of Elemental Earth from the pact. The Heart, which looks like a crocodile heart made of obsidian (fittingly enough) and with a red glow constantly flowing within it, allows the holder to manipulate the flow of lava arbitrary. Fyiania gifts the Obsidian Heart to the praying elder lizard, along with instructions for its use ("basically you just think about how the lava should go and wave the heart around and it does it!"), and demands that he make sure to use it to spread rich, nutritious volcanic topsoil for his people. And burn their enemies or whatever if he wants, sure, as long as they remember to worship Fyiania!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 07:14:26 am by Maximum Spin »

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2018, 09:21:23 am »

It was time to set his first servants on this plane. Bal-Magoth would use an old template, well-suited to various lands, and this would be no different. With the interesting volcano that has erupted. it would be a perfect home to his grandest creation.

They would be massive, with big leathery wings, powerful scaled bodies and in possession of two of his domains, embodying both - domination and fire. Dragons would be his first gift to the world, and with their power he would dominate the mortal plane.
He conjured up 7 massive eggs, imbuing each with a portion of his fiery power, and cast them at the heart of the volcano to hatch there in its heat. Each would have a name and they would bring about more of their race - 3 males and 4 females. The mightiest of them would bear the name Magothan and would be Bal-Magoth's herald into this world.

Bal-Magoth creates the race of Dragons [4E+ whatever extra for their power] - clad in powerful scales, able to fly on their massive wings and able to breathe elemental fire. They are intelligent, capable of communication and powerful creatures with souls of fire and seeking dominion over lesser creatures and each other. They are carnivorous, slow breeders, lay eggs and are long-lived, going into centuries. Their preferred habitat are hot places - volcanoes, hot springs, deserts, ashlands.
Create a Champion out of one of the dragons [6E] named Magothan, the Herald of Bal-Magoth.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2018, 10:10:58 pm »

Turn 1.5. In which the pyramid rises- names are made- tribes flee - the volcano becomes a celebrity- legends are forged

In many ways, the first moments are the most important.

X’arilyg acted upon the firmament first, and took from itself a fragment of its being, forming the being known as Providence. It immediately carries out its master's will and travels to the savannah, where it finds many tribes of lizard. It quickly enters their little minds and reconstitutes its own being within them. Tasting their memories, the Providence can see that the lizards are indeed capable of using stone tools and making simple structures of vegetation and stone. Their languages, as would be expected, are many, but a single word amongst them is used to describe their species. Trodothey. The Providence awaited further orders, while allowing its puppets to continue with base survival functions.

As a result of the Providence's appearance and the oddness of the resident lizards, other peoples have come to see the savannah as cursed. They refuse to enter and see the people there as little more than animals. They see the flying structure with many eyes as a spirit of great power and fear/revere it. Those who have to journey through the savannah begin making small prayers to the being, in hopes of not being taken under its thrall. The savannah has become known as the Observer's Realm.

Beyond the lands of the Three-Peaked-Mountain, Phendei landed her Vault by a river, turning it to her needs and transforming it intoPhendei's Swamp. She populates it with all kinds of plants with natures both poisonous and medicinal, often being the same plant.

Something was missing from her natural pharmacy however. It soon came to Phendei's mind, that perhaps, the Swamp would fare better with those with the mind to make use of its bounty. In the dreams of village elder, the Serpent slithered and gave boon. Suono, who would become known as the Prophet of the Serpent, listened most graciously and tearfully thanked the Phendei for its offer. By right of age, and by the numerous favours the elder had amassed, he bade his people to journey out of Home and enter the quagmire that was Phendei's Swamp. Many were incredulous, others disappointed, a few even angered. All obeyed the Elder's words. In time, these people would be known as the Serpentdream Tribe.

Trinitrius crafted its Vault upon the Greater Continent, in the Northern Wastes, a cold desert of ice and frost.

Prince Sullen crafts for himself a cloud wrought in poetry, upon which his Vault rests. He then creates Whim, a minor servant. It is sent to the Material Plane to offer the embattled lizards wings. Many accept. Whim unfortunately, cannot grant wings. The smallest hint of independent thought in the cherub's mind wonders if the Prince had done this on purpose.

Mengeshen personally crafts the Unquenchable Jar and then once again personally scoops up lava into the Jar. The divine being works at an unnaturally quick and eldritch pace, completely eradicating many flows of the lava, and allowing more time for the lizards to move on. The lizards who saw the god in the flesh committed the sight to memory. A creature of the woods hateful of the earthblood; a spirit of the waters directed to stop the spread of the flame; an ancient ancestor come again, and many other stories. The story of the 'Giant Against the Three-Peaks" would reverberate in the oral traditions of many tribes.

Though Megneshen could not stop all the damage nor all the flows, he did enough. Much of the Home was spared, even as much was turned to ash. The spirit would come to be seen as a guardian against the danger of the volcano.

Like the others, Korluc created for itself an envoy to aid the mortal plight, a great Man of Iron, who would aid those who would allow its master its requests. Those approached by Lars argue amongst themselves, many being sceptical, but many others agreeing. As those who accepted wait for an answer, they begin packing up their belongings, and leaving Home once more.

Richard Nixon had a simple solution to the volcanic eruption. He would simply establish his Vault directly in the lava, and allow the entrapped to enter. A small smattering of the lizards soon enter the inscrutable Vault of Nixon, in its eldritch and smoky dimensions and colours. Nixon can feel their fear, their shock, their sanity quickly slipping. He also creates the artifact known as the Vigilance.

Colruk creates animals called drilts, giant ants at home in the extreme temperatures of magma. Ostensibly capable of stopping volcanic eruptions, They began the labourious work of tunneling into the mountain in an attempt to alleviate the flow. Of course, this would take an incredibly long time, which would not stop the current flow.

Fyiania, seemingly, is the only deity to actually answer the prayer that had incited all of the gods' appearance. She grants the elder the Obsidian Heart, crafted of Earth and her own being. The Elder is thankful for the gift, and gives his name as Rost ,and immediately goes to save as many lives as possible, being sure to remember the name of the great spirit who had aided him.

Amazingly, the elder is able to save his whole village from destruction, even as the lava flows destroy all else around them. They are one of the few villages to escape the whole catastrophe unscathed.

[Turn will finally progress once Korluc has clarified what he demands from the tribes]
[Essence has not yet been detracted]

There is a shimmering of negative and positive energies in the outer borders of Creation.

Spoiler: Planescape (click to show/hide)
Plane Maths: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LaOHXu6aRIHhvnJOIJIWvZHDINlJh-aAjsb-M84eVA4/edit?usp=sharing
Plane Texts: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gQx6JuMZ4Ry5sLKyojUDJB0Y5FkzDBZLM_m-zAEXRFo/edit?usp=sharing
[/quote]
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 10:21:20 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2018, 10:14:19 pm »

"Their worship, And perhaps an offering once in a while, in exchange I will assist by providing food, water, and perhaps shelter."
[More precisely I'll provide a "Magical[6e]" Barrel which constantly fills with water each day, A Species of Fruit bearing bush that grows great, even under the worst conditions[2e], and Some tents if needed.]
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 10:23:40 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2018, 11:12:29 pm »

Trinitrius detonates a nuke in the upper atmosphere above a tribe of lizards in an attempt to extort worship.

WORSHIP ME OR DIE.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2018, 11:28:46 pm »

Trinitrius detonates a nuke in the upper atmosphere above a tribe of lizards in an attempt to extort worship.

WORSHIP ME OR DIE.
A flurry of angry corn shouts "NO!"

Fyiania wants to duel!

"Come, comrades! Join me in overthrowing the bourgeoisie!"
the corn is grinning madly
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 12:57:30 am by Maximum Spin »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2018, 11:30:25 pm »

I Crack my Knuckles and go forth to beat the essence out of that explosive upstart.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2018, 11:33:31 pm »

you messed up boy
i limber up and go join in the beat down on the nuke happy god
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2018, 11:43:47 pm »

WORSHIP ME OR DIE.

WORSHIP ME OR DIE.
A flurry of angry corn shouts "NO!"

Fyiania wants to duel!

"Come, comrades! Join me in overthrowing the bourgeoisie!"
the corn is grinning madly
I Crack my Knuckles and go forth to beat the essence out of that explosive upstart.
you messed up boy
i limber up and go join in the beat down on the nuke happy god

You are all suddenly transported to pure white chamber. A masked being watches from a far-off balcony. It shouts. "To the Best!"  The chamber dims and changes. You see the world spinning below you, and the room suddenly turns into the darkness of space.

The Duel begins.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2018, 11:52:49 pm »

I Go Berzerk on Trinitrius
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2018, 12:03:41 am »

YOU FOOLS. AFTER I WIN THIS, YOUR WORSHIPPERS WILL TASTE RADIATION.

Trinitrius goes Berserk on Fyania with a flurry of nukes.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 12:06:18 am by KittyTac »
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2018, 12:12:27 am »

Code: [Select]
Trinitrius: Berserk > Fyiania
Fyiania: Attack,Attack>Trinitrius
Korluc: Berserk> Trinitrius
Culrok: Attack,Attack,Attack>Trinitrius

Trinitrius has received 9 DAMAGE [1/10]
Fyiania has received 3 DAMAGE [7/10]
Korluc has received 1 DAMAGE [9/10]

>TURN ENDED

>TURN BEGINS [2/5] [ROUND1]
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2018, 12:14:32 am »

ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK, Trinitrius
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4