Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18

Author Topic: Fallout 76  (Read 38105 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 76
« Reply #150 on: November 15, 2018, 06:04:26 pm »

I do not like how they handled the physical version. 250mb on the disk, 60gb download for the game. That's bull.

It was the same for Fallout 4.

Slax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 15, 2018, 06:21:19 pm »

Physical copies don't mean much anymore. You get a license key and a completely superfluous disc/box. Been that way for a while now, I'd imagine.

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 15, 2018, 08:09:24 pm »

I do not like how they handled the physical version. 250mb on the disk, 60gb download for the game. That's bull.

It was the same for Fallout 4.

On PC and console?

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 15, 2018, 09:56:11 pm »

well, got my "copy" today, it's literally a cardboard cutout with a key on it, so yeah not too happy with that.  Ordered a physical copy and paid $25+ more in shipping and taxes for the privilege of playing 2 days late and an extra dvd case I can't even keep as a collectors item since I needed the code despite the launcher knowing I had purchased the game(didn't have to sit through the 50gb update again like most people had too).

The game itself though is really getting unjustly bombed with reviews.  If you don't mind reading, the story definitely has a more Avellone feel to it than 3 and 4...but most people seem to no have the patience for a story that isn't fed to them in cutscenes and stage pieces.  Gameplay it's just Fallout 4 with more options...more weapons and armor mods, more decoration pieces, more faction costumes which thankfully is now worn over your armor instead of removing it.  The building is more limited though, much more limited, and you can tell the stash wasn't supposed to be your only container to put stuff in but Bethesda knee-jerked way too far in the anti-pvp crowds favor so they tied all your crafted containers to your stash.

Getting griefed is pretty much impossible ones you understand how the game works.  The pvp in general just feels like they overreacted and wrapped everything in bubble wrap and people are still complaining about having to do it at all.  The biggest issue people seem to have with the game though is just that it's called Fallout.  Not even that it takes place within the Fallout IP, just that it's title is "Fallout 76" instead of something cheesy title making it "more clear" that it's a spinoff.  If it were called anything else the typical Bethesda fan would be eating it up.  I mean you don't see this level of malevolence directed at their Elder Scrolls mobile game they also announced...which is a bit ironic now considering the reaction to Diablo Immortal.

I still stick to my B rating for the game.  As far as Survival genre games go, it's leaps and bounds ahead of the rest, even with the building restrictions.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 16, 2018, 01:31:16 am »

Yeah I've been watching a stream from Robbaz and I can agree with those moderate reviews. And I completely agree if it had a different name, the whole reactions would be different.

When it comes to Diablo though, I'm not a Diablo fan but I totally get the difference. When Todd revealed the Elder Scrolls Blades, IIRC he made clear from the start it was a mobile game. He also totally addressed it as it was a side thing, a quirky game with some experimental gameplay stuff that TES fans might enjoy. Even his tone was pretty chill. Even when he announced Fallout Shelter, he sounded much more excited.
Then you get Blizzard..all they lacked was fireworks and pyrotechnics in the stage, to announce a mobile game. Bahaha

My issue at the moment is that I saw a couple references to factions I like in 76, now it got me wondering about all sorts of things... Still gonna wait tho
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 16, 2018, 03:59:15 am »

Not to mention, they were presenting a shitty pay to win dime a dozen mobile game* to a room full of hardcore PC fans who were expecting a new PC game.

*Maybe they'll come with something inventive, but come on, the iTunes store is already flooded with a million Diablo clones. A real Diablo game will just sink into that sea without a trace.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 16, 2018, 04:42:44 am »

The difference between TES : Blades and Diablo : Immortal is that :

-Blades is expected to come on PC as well.
-Blades afaik isn't a clone of a clone of itself.
-Bethesda teased the next Elder scrolls game at the end. Blizzard didn't tease Diablo 4.

Also, the fact that 76 was coming soon meant that people didn't care much about a mobile game.

Another big difference, if I recall correctly, is that Bethesda was presenting a bunch of different things to one crowd, where Blizzard had separate crowds for each IP (Warcraft, Hearthstone, Overwatch and Diablo). The Diablo fans had pretty much nothing to fall back on, whereas you could be excited about 76, Starfield and the next TES during the Bethesda event.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 16, 2018, 04:48:03 am »

Not to mention, they were presenting a shitty pay to win dime a dozen mobile game* to a room full of hardcore PC fans who were expecting a new PC game.

*Maybe they'll come with something inventive, but come on, the iTunes store is already flooded with a million Diablo clones. A real Diablo game will just sink into that sea without a trace.

worst part I'd pay to get a decent diablo 2 port on mobile as opposed to generic rpg reskin #34234

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 16, 2018, 08:17:34 am »

It's been funny how full PoE's global chat channels have been with disgruntled Diablo refugees lately.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 17, 2018, 03:28:28 pm »

Of course it didn't take long for me to break and get the game for me and my girlfriend. We played for about 6 hours.
Like others said here, it's FO4 with more items and crafting plans, and some more restrictions on building. And if you don't live in a continent where there is a server (South America here), you can get some little 300-500ms input lag to change weapon or loot a container that can annoy.
Overall though, if a person likes the KILL, LOOT, RETURN, SCRAP, CRAFT/UPGRADE/BUILD flow of FO4, it's the same thing.
Going into it knowing there would be no NPCs lets me appreciate the notes and holotapes that are spread around. There's a lot more text and audio, and it's pretty cool that in this FO it lets you know about how people handled life after the bombs dropped, at least in that region.

I don't think it deserves a review bomb from what I've seen yet, but I'd rate it around 7 atm because it's still pretty weird. Having someone to play with definitely makes it better though, but I'm only now getting near level 10 which is probably when the game opens up with perks specializations.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 06:46:37 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 17, 2018, 06:26:17 pm »

Of course it didn't take long for me to break and get the game for my and my girlfriend. We played for about 6 hours.
Like others said here, it's FO4 with more items and crafting plans, and some more restrictions on building. And if you don't live in a continent where there is a server (South America here), you can get some little 300-500ms input lag to change weapon or loot a container that can annoy.
Overall though, if a person likes the KILL, LOOT, RETURN, WFSCRAP, CRAFT/UPGRADE/BUILD flow of FO4, it's the same thing.
Going into it knowing there would be no NPCs lets me appreciate the notes and holotapes that are spread around. There's a lot more text and audio, and it's pretty cool that in this FO it lets you know about how people handled life after the bombs dropped, at least in that region.

I don't think it deserves a review bomb from what I've seen yet, but I'd rate it around 7 atm because it's still pretty weird. Having someone to play with definitely makes it better though, but I'm only now getting near level 10 which is probably when the game opens up with perks specializations.

Wait till you meet Rose, she's awesome :D

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 17, 2018, 07:02:50 pm »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 17, 2018, 09:21:13 pm »

Fucking dragons, huh?
Love, scriver~

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 17, 2018, 09:30:09 pm »

Fucking dragons, huh?
The lack of mods means no, at least for right now. Check back in a year.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 17, 2018, 11:29:33 pm »

JUSTWORKS
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18