Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The dead void (A sci fi SG) 3/6? still open for sign ups.  (Read 2562 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The dead void (A sci fi SG) 1/6? still open for sign ups.
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2018, 12:46:55 pm »

I say we go and get a closer look at the deep space station and see if any bodes home.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The dead void (A sci fi SG) 1/6? still open for sign ups.
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2018, 06:16:54 pm »

A game low on players? Don't mind if I do.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Begging forgiveness rather than asking permission with that Ability, of course.
Well it that case i'll have to limit you from the more advanced powers of ether path.
next updates tomorrow and you'll be heading to the deep space station for a look around, unless i get votes other wise.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: The dead void (A sci fi SG) 3/6? still open for sign ups.
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2018, 07:01:03 pm »

What do you mean by either path? A fleshtech sees little difference between the flesh and otherwise. I picked this because all the other abilities seemed to be about personal strength or buffs, whereas I wanted more of a technical character, who works more behind the scenes.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2018, 07:41:29 pm »

Note: the text Color you want is "Transparent" not "invisible" Just for future reference funk.
Sav would eye Fyrellisa warily as he walks onto the bridge and settles into whatever passes for the pilot's seat. He figured that this couldn't be too hard to fly, could it? She could handle the Hyperspace while he handled Realspace.
"Hey. Name's Sav. Mind if I fly it?"
Assuming they don't evict me from the pilot's chair, fly us to the deep space station as our captain suggests it.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2018, 09:47:36 pm »

What do you mean by either path? A fleshtech sees little difference between the flesh and otherwise. I picked this because all the other abilities seemed to be about personal strength or buffs, whereas I wanted more of a technical character, who works more behind the scenes.
More technical focused is fine, you just not able to reach the extremes of a Bio adapter or cyber cultist, the likes of skull guns and bio shifting in to alternate forms are a little beyond you.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2018, 09:53:03 pm »

That's fine, I intend to be baseline human. Just so long as I can tinker with the people who do have those things.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2018, 10:55:37 pm »

I say we go and get a closer look at the deep space station and see if any bodes home.
Note: the text Color you want is "Transparent" not "invisible" Just for future reference funk.
Sav would eye Fyrellisa warily as he walks onto the bridge and settles into whatever passes for the pilot's seat. He figured that this couldn't be too hard to fly, could it? She could handle the Hyperspace while he handled Realspace.
"Hey. Name's Sav. Mind if I fly it?"
Assuming they don't evict me from the pilot's chair, fly us to the deep space station as our captain suggests it.
"Not at all, have at it." Fyrellisa   waves Sav toward the pilots  seat.
Sav shuffles in to real space pilots seat, the first glance at the many dials is confusing with there shear number but working logically you see the speed set for aft, fore, starboard, port  up and down.
But he Sav takes thing slow, gently rotating the ship around the amidships and drifting in to dock with the station.

"Bravo! Mr--"Fyrellisa   taps her head from a moment "Sav."
-------------
As the airlock door open yore greeted by old stale air, still like the station it's self.
You slowy make you way thru empty dark corridors each as quite as tomb.
Working your way down to words the power you use a metal staircase, ignoring the layer of crunchy red dust on every step.

Finaly as you head closer to the source of the power use, you hear it a slow ticking and a high pitched huming.
There's a clunk as the door opens,  and a blast of ice cold air hits the boarding party.

the room is full of ice, crystals has big as your arm cover the room, leaving only the outer edges of cryo pods exposed.
You can tell that at least one of pod has failed and frozen the room, but the other might still be salvageable.

1: Awaken the inhabitants
2: Transport then frozen on to your ship.
3: Leave them?

---------------
Spoiler: Sav Dustan Hache (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hassaeuis   Egan_BW (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fyrellisa (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2018, 11:03:47 pm »

Attempt to discover what the hell is going on here.

Also steal the cryopods intact. At the least that's valuable technology.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2018, 08:01:41 am »

Find the power generator and see if we can turn on the lights and find out what happened here.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2018, 08:57:59 am »

figure out how to disable the damaged pods without destroying them,. Waking the occupants is optional.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2018, 08:12:00 pm »

Attempt to discover what the hell is going on here.

Also steal the cryopods intact. At the least that's valuable technology.

Find the power generator and see if we can turn on the lights and find out what happened here.
figure out how to disable the damaged pods without destroying them,. Waking the occupants is optional.

"Hey Fyrellisa nip back to the ship a minute, see if you can find the manual for cryopods, there mostly the same right? oh an some tools."
Hassaeuis waves tells F has he moves closer to the machinery.

Sav stares at the pods for a moment before he uncouples an ice encrusted power cable, it arcs for a moment in the near darkness and voice starts

"Rapid defrost mode active..." the machine voice dies almost as fast as it starts.

Billy Jobob 's light flashes around until he finds a wall switch, there's a clank as he pushes it and pop as lights blow showering you with sparks.
As he follows the cableing back the others free the cryopods from the power-grid's thick cables.

In darkness Billy Jobob finds a large Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generator, the thing huge, you realize that it is in fact the core of the space station.
Still as the power lights are still dimly flickering it must be working.

As Fyrellisa opens the door you see the lights are shinning down on the dusty station hallway.
"So you got the lights on then." she asks passing you the ships tool chest.

With tools it's a simple task to unbolt the cryopods, the lights on each one blinks in to live, some kind of a power meter.

As the lights are on you take a look around the station, most for it is too old, rusted or decayed to be of use.
But what pass for an armory is open for the takeing, now that the locks has rusted to dust.

1:Salvage the cryopods inhabitants for bio matter?
2:Salvage the cryopod for tech parts?
3: Leave them alone in your cargo bay?
4: Try to awaken the inhabitants?

A: Loot the armoury.
B: Start dismattleing the Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generator, it's old so you can strip out some the lead shielding, maybe even some of the isotopes.

Bio matter is used to gain new Bio adapter powers, tech parts the same for cyber cultists. 

---------------
Spoiler: Sav Dustan Hache (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hassaeuis   Egan_BW (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fyrellisa (click to show/hide)

[/quote]

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2018, 08:31:49 pm »

"hey, we're looting a space station of unknown purpose. Maybe we should wake one or two of them and talk to them?"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2018, 08:51:53 pm »

"Best to find good weapons first. May be... agitated. Some spare biomatter would not be a bad acquisition either."

Loot the armory and grab a good weapon. Awaken one sleeper and interrogate. If it seems likely that they would join our crew, awaken them all. If not... awaken whoever seems to be in charge, interrogate, and recycle them all. I am willing to be a bit nasty with aforementioned interrogation.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2018, 08:56:35 pm »

"Best to find good weapons first. May be... agitated. Some spare biomatter would not be a bad acquisition either."

Loot the armory and grab a good weapon. Awaken one sleeper and interrogate. If it seems likely that they would join our crew, awaken them all. If not... awaken whoever seems to be in charge, interrogate, and recycle them all. I am willing to be a bit nasty with aforementioned interrogation.
keep Hassaeuis from brutalizing the iced people. l'm not bright, but I didn't sign up to harm innocents. Take note of the ones with augments and categorize them as "suspicious" while I am protecting/tending to them.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 02:28:16 pm by Dustan Hache »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2018, 09:07:15 pm »

Keep me from doing so how, exactly?
Pages: 1 [2] 3