Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: Last Argument of Kings IC-Thread Year 1192  (Read 13797 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Last Argument of Kings IC-Thread Year 1192
« Reply #60 on: June 04, 2018, 08:50:51 am »

"It seems we are. A good day to you, lord treasurer." She bows and leaves, with a slight smirk on her face.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 04, 2018, 08:56:11 am »

After his meeting with Duke Laranth, Tristan was informed of Duke Kieron requesting a meeting. The king gave his consent, and almost immediately Kieron appeared, grasping two bottles of wine.

“My good Duke, what brings you before me?”
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2018, 09:41:26 am »

After the meeting, Laranth wrote a letter to his friend.

To the revered Elder Coibwan

I hope you are well in these dark times. I write to you in need of your wisdom, and that of your colleagues.
I have been tasked by the new king to investigate a sensitive issue. Recently, an enemy of the throne claimed that "The True King Rises". It is unlikely that they were referring to an everyday pretender- I considered that this might have something to do with the Old Kingdom. Could you investigate the matter discretely, and return your findings to me? Both I and the king will be most grateful, even if your search should turn up nothing.

May your path be clear,
Duke Laranth

He subsequently sealed the letter with his personal seal, and handed it to a trustworthy messenger to deliver to Kouhald.

Laranth asks Elder Coibwan to look into the "True King" discretely.
Long Live United Forenia!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 04, 2018, 11:17:00 am »

(May edit later)

Send agents to scope out food availability in bordering regions, and see how their crops fare. Check out the latest news and rumours, as well as current wars. I would also like to see if there's any current foreign buyers of grain on the market. I send out feelers to see how the grain trade is doing in the other duchies within the realm.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2018, 11:32:23 am »

The King is handed a letter from the royal chancery. No doubt the person sending it is busy if he cannot turn up himself, as you learn that lord Alexei has departed for a short while to his home in Risfurt to manage some family matters.

To his most glorious Majesty,

My king, I would like to receive your permission and to invite nobles of the land in Risfurt for a Diet of the land. It would be an opportunity for you to rally support behind your ideas and for us to find new ways of raising money for the kingdom. The Old Kingdom fell through a combination of folly and tyranny and a king that rules with consent is one that is beloved by all. Once you preside over the gathering, you will be able to assert your will not only through the fact of your crowning, but also through direct rule as well.

Your Servant,
Lord Alexei Riskov,

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 04, 2018, 11:37:00 am »

Alexei Riskov

You are presented with the current state of the treasury and the kingdom, it has been maintained by a number of scribes for a time now. It will however take some weeks to decipher all of it. What you can see so far however is that the treasury has some savings. Not many by any means, but enough to spend some without endangering anything.

Duke Laranth

To his Excellency the Duke of Kouhald,

Indeed we are quite well since you have left us Lord of Kouhald. We have looked into the matter and could find no reference to any True King that is connected in any way to the Old Kingdom. It seems that enemy was merely rambling.

May your path ever be the right one,
Elder Coibwan

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2018, 11:56:33 am »

King Tristan replies back to Lord Riskov,

My Lord Riskov,
We will gladly attend the diet in Risfurt. The halls of the city are particularly hospitable, I have heard many a tale of the feasts thrown by its lords. It will be good for the all the nobles to see their king.  Your service to the crown and realm will not be forgotten.

King Tristan

Gives Alexi Riskov permission to host a Diet next season/turn.

King Tristan also looks to the future of his dynasty, and requests information on their neighbors to the south, particularly ones with marriageable daughters.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2018, 12:26:15 pm »

The Wold: Blood of Ten Generations

The Wold is the Region bordering the Southern Border of Argas. Once home to a mighty and powerful successor state of the High Kingdom, it has been in a succession war which long since has transcended Generations. What once was  a land filled with wealth and people is now poor, destitute and burnt-out. Robber Barons dot the land, tentatively held in check by their Overlords, Petty Kings each of them with a claim to the Overall Region.

Of the ten Warlords in the South 6 are in fact women.

Directly on the Southwestern Border, are the lands of Gudrun den Wold, a woman in her mid-thirties, unmarried, desperately in need of an heir. Better known as the "Red Argr" her tempers have not only reduced one of her rivals to a shadow of itself but also caused major disease outbreaks in Argas as the Argr was running red for weeks. She commands a respectable territory and an army that could take on any of the Dukes of Argas. Finally she holds sway over another of the Claimants to the Woldthrone. Aerys den Wold, Lady of the Village...formerly City of Haetstett. Barely considered one of the Warlords at all anymore, she pays large tribute to Gudrun in order to allow her to keep Haetstett and what remains of her population alive. While thanks to Gudrun, disfigured and unable to bear children anymore, she has a single daughter she is willing to marry away. Bethany, Age 14.

The Third and Fourth Prospects lie with the Southern Rivals of Gudrun. Both are weaker warlords but have an alliance against Gudrun to keep her in check. Lady Margrit is in her mid twenties, severly overweight and known to leave her population to starvation. Lord Raimund offers his secondborn Daughter, Maricella, a promiscous girl to say the least.

Your last Prospect lies in the East. Lord Koyl, is the third most powerful of the warlords, but stuck between the two most powerful and thus in danger of being torn apart by both. He has many children, several of which he already married of to southern kingdoms, however he is willing to offer you his firstborn daughter, Margaret. By all accounts a studious, well-appointed and good looking woman. Rumour has it that she is set to become the heir of her father.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 04, 2018, 02:22:30 pm »

Lacie gave a small nod,
"I'll see to it.", as the king walked away she turned to the jail cells, looking at the poor souls inside. Eventually she let out a sigh and strode away, she had work to be getting on with. She made her way out of the dungeon, taking a seemingly random path until she reached a door. She knocked in a pattern too precise to be random, the door swung open and she stepped inside.

She was greeted by one of her contacts, a spy in her employ. She gave a nod towards her and gave the room a quick search. When it turned up nothing she spoke,
"Got some work for you. Need some prisoner's executions dates moved up, get in touch with our contacts in the guards. Make sure it isn't too obvious." she listed off the prisoner's in question. "Report back to me when it's done.", the spy nodded and hurried off.

Lacie slumped down in a chair in the room and took a moment to relax. It had been a long day.

Send a contact to move up the execution dates of the prisoners that heard Marcellus shout about the true king.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 04, 2018, 05:20:18 pm »

Once he has a moment free, King Tristan goes to Lacie his Spymaster. He leans against a crude stone wall. He sighs.

“Lacie, it has been an eventful period so far and I know you are hard at work, but I have another task to ask of you. I will be sending diplomatic parties to the important warlords of the Wold. I need you to select your best agents to be a part of those parties. The Wold is more fractured than ever, and their could be potential to bring stability and peace to that region if we play our cards right. I want you in the party that will visit Gudrun den Wolf, the strongest warlord and on our border. I need someone I can trust there. Find out any weakness, what she is like.

I need to marry someone who would make a strong ally, but also able to be queen beside me. Any confirmation you can bring will be of great use to us and the Kingdom.”

He looks her in the eyes. “Can you do this, Spymaster?”

Also, begin prepping diplomatic parties consisting of minor nobles and a small number of guards headed to the prospective warlords mentioned in The Wold post. They are officially there to announce the new King of Argas and extend a hand in friendship (with a small gift) Unoffically to judge interest in a marriage alliance and the status of the region.  Any PC is free to join (or head the mission if of appropriate rank).

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 05, 2018, 01:14:51 am »

Meanwhile Corvus was in Ravens basilica  reading reports from agents on kingdom borders.

Get latest agent reports on state of barbarian raiders and other  likely  hostiles

Estimate current military strength of order

Send following letter to Lacie

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 05, 2018, 11:53:42 am »

PTW
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 05, 2018, 12:24:52 pm »

Lacie straightened up as the king entered, her eyes focusing on the young man. She nodded along as he talked, after he had finished she thought for a moment before replying,
"I will send my agents to the warlords, they will find out more about them and the areas under their control. I would also gladly head out with the party heading to Gudrun."

Be part of the party heading to Gudrun and send spies with the other parties
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 05, 2018, 01:21:59 pm »

Using the granted permission, Lord Riskov sends the following:

By the will of his Royal Majesty, Tristan, first of his Name, High King of Argas and Prince of Arg Cais, Heir to the Godslayer and Chosen of the Gods,

The summons to a Diet of the land are issued, for all lords and barons to appear before His Majesty and assemble in the city of Risfurt, to deliberate the statutes of the kingdom. High lords of the land, of ducal and count rank, shall assemble with the King in the Main Hall of the City as the high estate, barons shall join them as the observing estate. Patricians of major cities of the land shall join as the third estate to observe and receive Royal Will.

May the Gods bless us,
Alexei, Lord Risfurt, Treasurer to HM

Send out summons for the Diet next turn. (I'm done for the turn)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2018, 11:10:36 am »

Lord Saleon, Lord Saleon!
Erin is running around the palace, waving a letter and a small bag above his head.
Someone, a general, a spymaster, someone, I got a letter and I need to talk!
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16