Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll: Do you mind if I shift how Talents work in favor of a superior system to the +X?

Please keep it the way it is
- 0 (0%)
Go ahead
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 06, 2018, 02:21:31 pm

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 29

Author Topic: Murder, Inc. - Mission 2: Foul Play [Turn 40] (Defunct)  (Read 44001 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Mission 2: Foul Play [Turn 31]
« Reply #360 on: August 11, 2018, 02:38:40 pm »

This suggests we are not the only ones performing an operation here. This is concerning.
Check the security screens for anything of interest.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 11, 2018, 04:44:59 pm »

"Interesting book."

Feel it. Mana Sensing, and any magics. It is wood based. Or is it animal based?

"Hey Jack, this does seem to be a Magical book. I can sense it.
Can I read it"?

« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 04:50:00 pm by TricMagic »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 11, 2018, 06:01:40 pm »

"Anthony, I think Anuvo suspects we're not simple guests. He's the purple one. I...saw his molecules, like a hawk sees ants. His body is constantly shifting, like its made of billions of separate microorganisms working together."

"I think your note idea might work. If we send just the right message to pique his interest, appeal to his ego and sense of pride, we might be able to secure an audience. Your thoughts?"
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 11, 2018, 10:10:11 pm »

Kick back and relax... I'm not a great negotiator, but I know my way around a sword. If a bodyguard goes poking around, it might raise too much suspicion.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 12, 2018, 03:13:51 am »

"I don't think we need to flower it up much. something simple, but not necessarily direct. 'Your lady longs for your presence. Her heart beats twice as fast when thinking of you." Eh, that wold probably be easy enough for the other guy to figure out if the message were intercepted. Maybe something like 'To the handsome man in purple. Come have a drink. Maybe make it a double?" Ugh. That's just awful. "I am quite envious, you handsome devil. All the Ladies can't keep their eyes off you. They're practically falling over themselves racing to throw themselves at your feet, each offering wilder promises than the one before. I can't get any satisfaction.

I don't know, I'm just a body tinkerer, not a codesmith."

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 12, 2018, 05:01:40 am »

"All good ideas. He seems vaguely aware that we're here, as long as we can show him exactly which seat sent the message and that there's something in it for him I'm confident he'll respond. In some fashion."

Peering over at the newly arrived member of the team, Nix speaks:

"Hello there Osmond, do you have any ideas on how to court our secondary target?"
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 12, 2018, 05:28:29 am »

"I'm sure we don't need to tell him which seat. the ushers will handle that kind of thing.

maybe a simple 'we request an audience, if you have a free moment.'"

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 12, 2018, 06:59:22 pm »

"It's the best we can hope for I suppose."

Draft a letter saying "We humbly request an audience, if you have a free moment." Ask an usher to deliver it to the purple elfin man in the box we've all been observing.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Mission 2: Foul Play [Turn 32]
« Reply #368 on: August 13, 2018, 12:56:51 am »

Turn 32 Begins

This suggests we are not the only ones performing an operation here. This is concerning.
Check the security screens for anything of interest.

OP-TR is as alarmed as a robot can be. The octopode droid leaps up onto one of the consoles and begins fiddling with the cameras. PM'd.
"Interesting book."

Feel it. Mana Sensing, and any magics. It is wood based. Or is it animal based?

"Hey Jack, this does seem to be a Magical book. I can sense it.
Can I read it"?

Jack sits unresponsive as Mana inquires about the strange book. He puts up no resistance when the spirit pulls it from his hands and begins to flip through it, though. [3+2]Mana senses important snippets of information from the wordless book. PM'd.
"Anthony, I think Anuvo suspects we're not simple guests. He's the purple one. I...saw his molecules, like a hawk sees ants. His body is constantly shifting, like its made of billions of separate microorganisms working together."

"I think your note idea might work. If we send just the right message to pique his interest, appeal to his ego and sense of pride, we might be able to secure an audience. Your thoughts?"
Kick back and relax... I'm not a great negotiator, but I know my way around a sword. If a bodyguard goes poking around, it might raise too much suspicion.
"I don't think we need to flower it up much. something simple, but not necessarily direct. 'Your lady longs for your presence. Her heart beats twice as fast when thinking of you." Eh, that wold probably be easy enough for the other guy to figure out if the message were intercepted. Maybe something like 'To the handsome man in purple. Come have a drink. Maybe make it a double?" Ugh. That's just awful. "I am quite envious, you handsome devil. All the Ladies can't keep their eyes off you. They're practically falling over themselves racing to throw themselves at your feet, each offering wilder promises than the one before. I can't get any satisfaction.

I don't know, I'm just a body tinkerer, not a codesmith."

While the doctor and the hobbit strategize, Osmond does his best to seem casual yet alert. The hobbit decides to write a letter and hand it off to the next usher that passes by- he keeps it rather simple, just a request for a brief audience with "the elfin fellow". An attendant soon takes it from his hand and briskly delivers it to Azirkan's box. Anuvo is handed the letter. After a moment of painfully quiet consideration, he looks up from the letter to make direct eye contact with Nix again. Wordlessly, Keta gestures toward the nearest exit while eyeing Nix. He finishes this wordless communication with two raised fingers and a mouthed word- "minutes". The meeting is arranged. How do they want to approach this?

As all this is transpiring, it would seem that Act I of the Tragedy of Etherea is soon to begin. Azirkan should be taking a seat in the box any moment now.

Turn 32 Ends
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 13, 2018, 12:59:49 am »

"If he kills me, I simply request one of you bring my body back. It should be fairly easy to carry."

Go meet with Anuvo. Look as non-threatening as possible, to help facilitate good negotiation.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 13, 2018, 06:57:19 am »

"I'll bring your body back, even if I have to eat it first to do so.

Hah. But seriously. Good luck out there. Straightforward is probably best. Remember what that guy said about him, and if he needs a little nudge, use that, otherwise, just give him the offer and let him do any extra talking and questioning.

BUt you'll know better than I, probably. See ya soon."

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 13, 2018, 10:57:07 am »

"Oh, hey, Nix - while I don't have any ideas at present, just try and make a racket if anything goes wrong. I'll be there as fast as I can."
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

TrickleJest

• Bay Watcher
  • I write things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 14, 2018, 09:13:39 am »

Jack suddenly snaps back to reality.

"Uh... Let's just say I was thinking about something."

He watches as Mana, analyzes the book, staring hard into it.

"Well, I doubt I'll be able to get much from this, seeing as I lack any abilities that would allow me to. Hey, would you mind telling me what you got from it?"

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 14, 2018, 10:32:06 am »

"It appears to be a book of knowledge. Give me a moment."
Spoiler: GM Action (click to show/hide)

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 14, 2018, 02:19:36 pm »

Turn is in the works, for any wondering.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 29