Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll: Do you mind if I shift how Talents work in favor of a superior system to the +X?

Please keep it the way it is
- 0 (0%)
Go ahead
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 06, 2018, 02:21:31 pm

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29

Author Topic: Murder, Inc. - Mission 2: Foul Play [Turn 40] (Defunct)  (Read 44037 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Mission 2: Foul Play [Turn 28]
« Reply #330 on: August 05, 2018, 11:38:15 pm »

"...I'll take that as a 'no orders'. Proceeding independently."

Analyze structure. Determine optimal route of entry. Preferably without being too overt. Considering that I wear a pistol holster on the exterior or my chassis, do guests seem to be allowed to carry weapons? Could I pass myself off as security, either for the theatre or a patron's bodyguard?

Regardless, proceed. Priority for methods of entry are as follows: 1: Disguising self as security/armed guest, and entering with pistol. 2: Entering unseen via window, drainpipe, etc. 3: Entering as a guest, leaving my weapon with security.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 06, 2018, 02:26:38 am »

Nix whispers to Anthony: "So, are you gunning for the main target or the secondary one? I'd prefer not to get in your way regardless, but if you want help I'll do my best to be nearby."

Survey the area for any emergency exits, and see if the guards by the entrances are frisking people for weapons.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 06, 2018, 06:42:11 am »

"Well, Impressive."
Mana looks at the threads.

"If you would lend me a few threads, I can grow some more cotton to stem the bleeding."

If it accepts, I'll wrap them around his hand and grow the cotton. As well as healing his hand with a plant Substitute Nervous System.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 06, 2018, 07:50:30 am »

"So, Nix. Do you see the bar? Or are we expected to get drunk in our seats? Oh shoot! Not you guards, hah hah. I was makeing an expression. Nix, I forgot to give the Roomba orders. The Roomba. You know ... The Roomba."

Look about for emergency bar entrances and see if there are seats at said bar.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 06, 2018, 02:00:51 pm »

I'll head in now that everyone else has entered.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 06, 2018, 02:02:47 pm »

OOC:Antony has a problem.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

TrickleJest

• Bay Watcher
  • I write things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 07, 2018, 12:35:01 pm »

Jack shrugs, handing threads to Mana. Having allies may be better in this situation - after all, they're all working towards a common goal.

"Thanks. You aren't half bad yourself. Exsqueeze me for my lack of experience in this sorta ordeal, but how do you think we should approach this issue?"

Meanwhile, he covertly scouts the area for any non-obvious entrances - windows, backdoors, or any place that isn't far too heavily guarded. Of course, his head is now not as alarming to strangers, but the giant hat still isn't entirely too common for normal people either.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Mission 2: Foul Play [Turn 29]
« Reply #337 on: August 07, 2018, 03:25:15 pm »

Turn 29 Begins

"...I'll take that as a 'no orders'. Proceeding independently."

Analyze structure. Determine optimal route of entry. Preferably without being too overt. Considering that I wear a pistol holster on the exterior or my chassis, do guests seem to be allowed to carry weapons? Could I pass myself off as security, either for the theatre or a patron's bodyguard?

Regardless, proceed. Priority for methods of entry are as follows: 1: Disguising self as security/armed guest, and entering with pistol. 2: Entering unseen via window, drainpipe, etc. 3: Entering as a guest, leaving my weapon with security.

[5]OP-TR carefully scans over the outside of the structure, looking for any way they could sneak inside. Up on the third floor is a window to some manner of room- what's even better is that it seems to already be ajar! If OP-TR could scale the building then it could conceivably enter through the window. The only other route that doesn't involve being accosted by the guards for openly carrying firearms would be a large drainpipe that descends from the left side of the roof.

However, OP-TR may also be able to convince the guards that they have been assigned as one of the patron's personal body guard. Whether that works or not is entirely up to how they approach the situation, and partially to fate itself.
Nix whispers to Anthony: "So, are you gunning for the main target or the secondary one? I'd prefer not to get in your way regardless, but if you want help I'll do my best to be nearby."

Survey the area for any emergency exits, and see if the guards by the entrances are frisking people for weapons.
"So, Nix. Do you see the bar? Or are we expected to get drunk in our seats? Oh shoot! Not you guards, hah hah. I was makeing an expression. Nix, I forgot to give the Roomba orders. The Roomba. You know ... The Roomba."

From what Nix can tell, nobody is being frisked for weapons. One individual who carries a pistol at his waist is forced to disarm, so it would appear they aren't approving of open carry. As for emergency exits, there appears to be one such exit designated as a fire exit and warning of an alarm that will sound if it is disturbed.

Antony, meanwhile, appears to be suffering(?) immensely at the hands of the high-purity alcohol he partook in back at HQ. As he stumbles about in search of more liquor, he [3]trips over his own two feet and lands harmlessly on his knees. He's definitely drawing attention...
"Well, Impressive."
Mana looks at the threads.

"If you would lend me a few threads, I can grow some more cotton to stem the bleeding."

If it accepts, I'll wrap them around his hand and grow the cotton. As well as healing his hand with a plant Substitute Nervous System.
Jack shrugs, handing threads to Mana. Having allies may be better in this situation - after all, they're all working towards a common goal.

"Thanks. You aren't half bad yourself. Exsqueeze me for my lack of experience in this sorta ordeal, but how do you think we should approach this issue?"

Meanwhile, he covertly scouts the area for any non-obvious entrances - windows, backdoors, or any place that isn't far too heavily guarded. Of course, his head is now not as alarming to strangers, but the giant hat still isn't entirely too common for normal people either.
Mana Sol is clearly impressed by Jack's sewing skills. She sees his wounds on his left hand and cringes a little, offering to help by growing cotton to stem the bleeding. Jack complies and hands her a few thin strands of thread. [6+1]Mana Sol's attempt to grow the threads into cotton goes horribly wrong. As the threads twist and mutate at her touch, the threads wrap around each other and merge. Soon they are wiggling; this motion surprises Mana Sol, who drops them to the ground. In only seconds, the threads have elongated and twisted into a vaguely serpentine shape. While Mana Sol stares open-mouthed the thread-snake writhe away at surprising speeds through a nearby grate.

Jack shrugs (for a second time) at this sequence of events. Leading Mana Sol around the outside, the duo scouts for any other entrances into the theater without so many eyes on them. The two find an alternate entrance at the back of the building that is apparently for theater staff only. Nobody appears to be guarding... so perhaps this is the best route?
I'll head in now that everyone else has entered.
Osmond walks up the stairs to the entrance before being stopped abruptly by the guards. With his shield on his arm and sword at his hip, Osmond looks considerably out of place. The same process that happened to both Nix and Antony when they reached the doors happens to him, except he notices his letter has a special seal on it denoting him as the "personal guard of the esteemed Doctor Wittenreisen". After they see this, the guards are more than happy to open the doors to him(and let him keep his weapons, too).

He arrives in the lobby to find Nix standing over a kneeling Antony, the latter of which looks rather intoxicated. They just got here and already things are turning into a mess...

Turn 29 Ends
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 03:29:15 pm by Mallos »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 07, 2018, 03:35:31 pm »

"You seem to have something about you. Granted, that could prove useful."

"So, shall we enter"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 07, 2018, 04:36:23 pm »

Enter via window. Other route requires organic participation, and they are... unpredictable.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 07, 2018, 07:20:54 pm »

"Easy there friend..."

Carefully concealing all of my weaponry as much as possible, help Anthony to the entrance. Hopefully he draws attention away from me directly.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 08, 2018, 07:19:04 am »

Doctor Wittenreisen sits still for a moent, placing a shaky hand to his forehead. He then looks up at the crowd and asks plaintively:
"Could someone bring me some water? I thought I had recovered fully. Alas, some illnesses are more resilient than one might expect. Don't worry, it's well past the contagious stage. And the rash is mostly -

Whatever the rash is is lost to the crowd behind a fit of violent coughing, which Antony belatedly 'remembers' to stifle by covering his mouth with his hand.

"Ah, young fella, thank you kindly. I am so sorry to disturb you like this." Antony mutters vaguely at Nix, while giving him a small wink, obscured from the rest of the crowd as he passes a hand over his eyes.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 07:20:52 am by Ozarck »

TrickleJest

• Bay Watcher
  • I write things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 08, 2018, 01:29:23 pm »

Jack pauses for a moment.

"Wait. Nothing? Really? My bullshit senses are tingling. I've gone through enough traps to know this is potentially one of 'em."

He crouches next to the gate, looking at it intensely, and then sighs.

"Eh. Might just be good ol' paranoia. I dunno how this sorta thing usually works, but if you're sure it's safe, I'll follow."

Assuming Mana also enters, he enters the building, watching for any traps while he does so.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 08, 2018, 01:36:43 pm »

Keep a feel for any mana as we enter. Magic traps if any.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Mission 2: Foul Play [Turn 30]
« Reply #344 on: August 09, 2018, 02:51:20 am »

Turn 30 Begins

"You seem to have something about you. Granted, that could prove useful."

"So, shall we enter"

Jack pauses for a moment.

"Wait. Nothing? Really? My bullshit senses are tingling. I've gone through enough traps to know this is potentially one of 'em."

He crouches next to the gate, looking at it intensely, and then sighs.

"Eh. Might just be good ol' paranoia. I dunno how this sorta thing usually works, but if you're sure it's safe, I'll follow."

Assuming Mana also enters, he enters the building, watching for any traps while he does so.
Keep a feel for any mana as we enter. Magic traps if any.
The tag-team of Mana Sol and Mundane Jack decide to cautiously continue through the theater's alternate entrance. As Mana Sol pushes the metal door open, she attempts to gauge the presence of any abnormal energies in the air. [3]Although something is up, she can't put precise words to the palpable sensations she can feel.
After only a few seconds of sustained detection, the stimuli fade.

Stepping inside, the two seem to have found their way into a roomy and vacant room with many steel doors on each side. Some of these doors are locked with chains or strong padlocks. Only one or two have small windows allowing one to view their interior. It would seem as though they've found themselves in some kind of storage hub- the other rooms probably contain props and the like for use in theater productions. As the door swings shut behind them, the two of them hear it lock behind them. An eerie silence settles over the poorly-lit, stark-grey room.
Enter via window. Other route requires organic participation, and they are... unpredictable.
[1]OP-TR rapidly scuttles up the wall and toward the open window. The droid is clearly displaying its skill(artificial as that skill may be)by doing such with ease... until it isn't. Whether it's some form of mechanical error or simply a misplaced step, the droid's appendages lose grip of the wall around the 2nd story and it plummets to the ground. Despite the fall, OP-TR's outer shell has sustained only cosmetic damage in the form of a few scratches and a small indentation. Try again... or not?
"Easy there friend..."

Carefully concealing all of my weaponry as much as possible, help Anthony to the entrance. Hopefully he draws attention away from me directly.
Doctor Wittenreisen sits still for a moent, placing a shaky hand to his forehead. He then looks up at the crowd and asks plaintively:
"Could someone bring me some water? I thought I had recovered fully. Alas, some illnesses are more resilient than one might expect. Don't worry, it's well past the contagious stage. And the rash is mostly -

Whatever the rash is is lost to the crowd behind a fit of violent coughing, which Antony belatedly 'remembers' to stifle by covering his mouth with his hand.

"Ah, young fella, thank you kindly. I am so sorry to disturb you like this." Antony mutters vaguely at Nix, while giving him a small wink, obscured from the rest of the crowd as he passes a hand over his eyes.
Nix and Antony make something of a show out of the latter's drunken tumbling. [4]Security and passerby alike buy it completely; while some shake their heads in sympathy, many more recoil out of fear of this 'disease' the good doctor is describing. Once the building crowd begins to clear away from the two, Nix helps Antony to his feet and lets the much taller lycanthrope lean against him. The smiling attendant at the desk views their invitations and informs another nearby staff member to direct the two to their seats.

It would seem that Murder, Inc. bought out an entire five-seat box. From their cushy seats, they can see that one of the boxes on the opposing side of the theater is being scanned over by uniformed men. If they had to hazard a guess, those would likely be Azirkan's seats.

Turn 30 Ends

OOC: Before I begin, apologies to Rethi. He's feeling a little sick but I am too, so I'd like to get this turn out of the way before it gets worse.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29