Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll: Do you mind if I shift how Talents work in favor of a superior system to the +X?

Please keep it the way it is
- 0 (0%)
Go ahead
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 06, 2018, 02:21:31 pm

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 29

Author Topic: Murder, Inc. - Mission 2: Foul Play [Turn 40] (Defunct)  (Read 44043 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Mission 2 Briefing [Turn 26]
« Reply #315 on: August 03, 2018, 04:24:47 pm »

.."You're not very nice, are you? Not like they'd give me some seeds to use myself."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 03, 2018, 04:36:44 pm »

"I cannot decipher that statement, spirit."

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 03, 2018, 06:24:38 pm »

To all the rest of the team: "Are we splitting up the team? One to go kill the main target, the other to turn the secondary target?"

"If it's all the same to anybody else, I'd be much better use on the second team. Having at least one other person to back me up in case things go unpleasantly would be appreciated."
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 03, 2018, 06:42:34 pm »

"Given how my idea is being rejected, I'll come with you."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 03, 2018, 07:40:18 pm »

"we probably won't need to decide that until we are in the mission. The two targets could be together the entire time. Solving one issue might make the other much easier to resolve."

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Mission 2: Foul Play [Turn 27]
« Reply #320 on: August 04, 2018, 09:59:17 am »

"Could I have a larger gun?"
"Unfortunately, I am not authorized to fulfill such a request. Colonel McEntire could have, if we were still anywhere near the HQ," Lamont appears momentarily exasperated. "As for the other issues, my master wishes for you to sort them out as you go- to 'wing it', if you will."

The grey-skinned giant looks down at the glyph on the back of his right hand. "My master wishes to adjourn the meeting. Azirkan will be at the theater any moment now." Just like before he pulled John from the wall, the complicated rune begins to glow with a bright blue light. Lamont stands from the chair he's seated at and walks to the northern wall before placing his right hand on it. The glow spreads from his hand to cover a large, rectangular portion of the wall, which immediately begins to liquefy and vibrate like before. "My master wishes for you to get going."

The Sellswords do as they are told, some more hesitantly than others. Walking through the fluid wall feels like wading through quicksand- the group is horrified to find that when they look around, all they see is total darkness, and all they feel or hear is the low humming of the slurried wall- and then, silence. An unnatural stillness fills this space between locations they have occupied. As quick as it began, the process is over, and they all appear to be standing outside a rather grand and glorious building. The theater's three sets of double-doors are flanked from the top by large, ornate, finely-crafted stained glass windows. The entire building seems to have been constructed like the theaters of antiquity, long before technological progress really began to snowball.

From where they are, the Sellswords can see there are many finely dressed individuals ascending the steps to the entrance. The whole area outside the hall is occupied by wealthy-looking playgoers conversing with each other, trading jests and gossip alike. Oddly enough, nobody has noticed the Sellswords yet. If they spoke in low tones, nobody would hear them plotting over the racket, so planning the specifics now is more possible than one may think. What they do now is up to the Sellswords.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 04, 2018, 10:08:34 am »

"I will follow you all."
Dematerialize and wait to follow one of them invisibly.

Spoiler: GM IT (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 11:00:35 am by TricMagic »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 04, 2018, 10:35:10 am »

"A truly lousy briefing. I feel we got a fair amount of information en route that would have been much more useful beforehand. Now I'd have to kill one of those wealthy assholes just to get a decent suit in order to mingle. But NOOooOOOooo~~~~ Miss Frost Queen the Ugly wants them ALIVE~~~" Well, whatever. Se  you guys inside."

Antony steps out and walks up the stairs, politely greeting any who address him, and ignoring the ugly stares directed at his disheveled appearance.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 04, 2018, 01:24:19 pm »

"I will follow you all."
Dematerialize and wait to follow one of them invisibly.

Spoiler: GM IT (click to show/hide)

((Perhaps rethink your action. Dematerializing doesn't mean you're invisible, just mostly incorporeal and harder to see from a distance.))

TrickleJest

• Bay Watcher
  • I write things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 04, 2018, 01:42:53 pm »

Jack pauses for a moment. Surely he will be noticed, having an exceptionally large head of an unorthodox shape, and slightly hovering above his neck at that. The scarf seems to be obscuring the neck region for now, but there's definitely not much he can do about his pointy head. Slipping off into a corner for a bit, he begins to sew himself a rather oversized hat out of a purple ball of yarn. Hopefully he will be done with it soon - the superhuman sewing abilities should help quite a bit.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 04, 2018, 02:02:29 pm »

Follow the new guy.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 04, 2018, 02:11:31 pm »

Wait.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 04, 2018, 06:30:18 pm »

Walk into the building, smiling disarmingly at anybody who would look at me, count how many security personnel there are, and if they'll frisk for weapons.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 04, 2018, 11:56:10 pm »

Wait.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Mission 2: Foul Play [Turn 28]
« Reply #329 on: August 05, 2018, 11:24:59 pm »

Turn 28 Begins

"A truly lousy briefing. I feel we got a fair amount of information en route that would have been much more useful beforehand. Now I'd have to kill one of those wealthy assholes just to get a decent suit in order to mingle. But NOOooOOOooo~~~~ Miss Frost Queen the Ugly wants them ALIVE~~~" Well, whatever. See  you guys inside."

Antony steps out and walks up the stairs, politely greeting any who address him, and ignoring the ugly stares directed at his disheveled appearance.
Walk into the building, smiling disarmingly at anybody who would look at me, count how many security personnel there are, and if they'll frisk for weapons.
Antony grumbles to nobody in particular before making his way up the stairs. On the way up, he catches more than a few scowls and sneers from the idle rich. Once he's at the entrance he is accosted by two heavily armed guards. Both of them carry large automatic rifles and are covered head-to-toe in some sort of ballistic armor, complete with helmets that fully encase the entirety of their heads. "Don't recognize you. This show is invite only." Damn. Maybe they could get someone to vouch, or- Just as this crosses Antony's mind, he feels a rather jarring vibration in his pocket. Inquisitively reaching in, the good doctor pulls out an envelope of some kind with a rather official-looking (but broken) wax seal on it. Antony reaches into the already open envelope and finds what he realizes to be an invitation letter. He shows it to the guard that addressed him before. "Oh! My apologies, sir, I didn't recognize you were with the Corporation. Go on in." Well... that was weird.

Nix does quite a similar routine, except he doesn't suffer nearly as many glares from the affluent playgoers(a fact that he owes entirely to his surprisingly charming smile.) When he finds himself without an invitation, he clenches his fists and tries to think of a solution. When he feels his left hand vibrating, however, he immediately snaps out of his trance and quizzically looks at the invitation he now holds in his palm. The guards take notice of it, as they did of Antony's, and give him permission to enter.

When the two Sellswords enter together, they find themselves in a lobby of sorts. To the north is a large semi-circular desk attended by bookish-seeming individuals and flanked by armed guards. On either side of the desk there is an entrance to the theater hall where the play will soon begin. Perhaps they should find out where this invitation has them seated? Or maybe scout for emergency exits?
Jack pauses for a moment. Surely he will be noticed, having an exceptionally large head of an unorthodox shape, and slightly hovering above his neck at that. The scarf seems to be obscuring the neck region for now, but there's definitely not much he can do about his pointy head. Slipping off into a corner for a bit, he begins to sew himself a rather oversized hat out of a purple ball of yarn. Hopefully he will be done with it soon - the superhuman sewing abilities should help quite a bit.
Follow the new guy.
[5+1]The considerably silent Jack contemplates his situation momentarily before deciding he'll need to conceal his unusually shaped head. He plods away slowly out of most of the crowd's sight before beginning to rapidly sew an oversized hat out of the ball of purple yarn he keeps on his person for such occasions. True to his expectations, his superhuman sewing skills haven't rusted in the slightest- his hands are a veritable blur as he makes the motions needed to piece together his new attire. It is only after he is finished that he realizes just how many times he stabbed his right hand in a fit of millinery-inspired frenzy.

Mana Sol is right by him the whole time, hiding in the shadows and watching Jack's handiwork, awe-stricken.
Wait.
Wait.
Osmond and OP-TR, on the other hand, have decided to wait at the curb. Whether they are doing this out of lack of initiative or just waiting to see when Azirkan's convoy will arrive is something that only they can be sure to know.

Turn 28 Ends
Spoiler: TrickleJest, Updated (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 29