Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll: Do you mind if I shift how Talents work in favor of a superior system to the +X?

Please keep it the way it is
- 0 (0%)
Go ahead
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 06, 2018, 02:21:31 pm

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29

Author Topic: Murder, Inc. - Mission 2: Foul Play [Turn 40] (Defunct)  (Read 44092 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Intermission Phase (Headquarters) [Turn 21]
« Reply #255 on: July 25, 2018, 12:46:59 am »

"Sir, we're the ground team. Our next mission should be sometime soon, and I was hoping you could show us what armaments we have access to."

Use my Halfling diplomacy on the clearly stressed officer.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 25, 2018, 06:40:21 am »

Antony circles around the briefing table and flops into one of the chairs, kicking his feet up onto either another chair, or the table, whichever is more comfortable. He leans as far back as the chair will let him, hands interlocked behind his head.

"Hurry up and wait. It's the same everywhere. Think I should drag Plugs in here? He ought to pretend to hear ... whatever it is we are supposed to hear."

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 25, 2018, 06:43:23 am »

"Sir, we're the ground team. Our next mission should be sometime soon, and I was hoping you could show us what armaments we have access to."

Assist with my natural charm.
As my conversation has been doing.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Intermission Phase (Headquarters) [Turn 22]
« Reply #258 on: July 26, 2018, 09:48:49 pm »

Turn 22 Begins

I'll take a look at the folder's contents. Read them, if it's something written.
Antony circles around the briefing table and flops into one of the chairs, kicking his feet up onto either another chair, or the table, whichever is more comfortable. He leans as far back as the chair will let him, hands interlocked behind his head.

"Hurry up and wait. It's the same everywhere. Think I should drag Plugs in here? He ought to pretend to hear ... whatever it is we are supposed to hear."
Osmond leans over the table slightly, peaking into the open folder and reading its contents. PM'd. Meanwhile, Antony lazes in a nearby chair with his feet on the table. The good doctor sighs, a little relieved. Although he's no longer exhausted, his muscles do ache a little, and the buzzing in his eyes hasn't abated in the slightest.
"I threatened to stab you, spirit, because you were putting your face where it wasn't welcome. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be leaving you idiots."

Good enough. Scurry away, putting Nix between me and the scottish dickhead as impromptu cover.

Assist with my natural charm.
As my conversation has been doing.
OP-TR dashes toward Nix, his metal appendages making a steady series of pitter-patter noises against the tiled floor. The small hobbit serves as a living shield for the even smaller droid, should McEntire open fire. Nix and Mana Sol meanwhile do their best to calm him down. [4+1+1]Their efforts serve to disarm him and then some. The Colonel holsters his revolver and nods slightly. "Right... then ye can com' in. But if I catch ye doin' anythin' even slightly suspect, I'll put one right between' yer eyes."

The inside of the armory is considerably impressive, filled to the brim with rows upon rows of gadgets and weapons with varying degrees of technological complexity. A distant humming noise can be heard from inside, presumably from another room. "Don' mind that. Somethin' I'm workin' on." McEntire says as the group takes notice. "I'll be in th' workshop if ye hav' any questions" He states with clearly suppressed frustration as he walks through a blast door to the north.

Turn 22 Ends

OOC:Apologies for the delays. I feel like a broken record saying that, and I'll be trying to improve the rate at which I post new turns.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 26, 2018, 10:22:45 pm »

Continue scouting.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 27, 2018, 01:10:59 am »

Check out what weapons a being of my size can wield. As best as I can.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 27, 2018, 08:53:47 am »

Look around for any melee weapons. A Katana preferably.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 27, 2018, 10:30:03 am »

Wait.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 27, 2018, 03:16:18 pm »

"So, Ossie, think we'll meet any not-insane chicks this time? That witch on the last mission was a bit ... well, to be fair, I wasn't exactly myself during our little date, either." Antony issues a short bark of a laugh. "Maybe she was just having one of those days. Well, I guess we'll never know, eh? Unless she comes back from the dead to haunt our sorry asses, eh? Wouldn't that be something?"

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 27, 2018, 05:45:33 pm »

"In our line of work, I can say with little doubt in my mind that we'll be dealing with more psychos than not. 'Course, if you do happen to find someone that isn't off their rocker, I'd consider you a lucky were- er, man. And the witch coming back from the dead... times are changing, and nowadays, it seems like reanimating witches are the norm. Let's just hope we're fortunate enough to never have to set eyes upon her again."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 27, 2018, 06:38:00 pm »

"I don't know. She wasn't horrible to look at.
She did stab me, though. I guess I can pass up a reunion this time."

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Intermission Phase (Headquarters) [Turn 23]
« Reply #266 on: July 28, 2018, 07:49:30 am »

Turn 23 Begins

Continue scouting.
OP-TR, lacking any instruction to do otherwise, continues scouting. They soon wind up back in the lounge. To the north is a room that seems to be for conferences of some sort, likely briefings and debriefings, and OP-TR's scanners detect friendly life inside.
Check out what weapons a being of my size can wield. As best as I can.
Look around for any melee weapons. A Katana preferably.
Both Mana Sol and Nix seek armaments. The hobbit looks for something compact enough for him to effectively wield, finding that a good portion of the weapons just aren't an appropriate size. However, there are more than a few handguns (or weapons designed in the image of a handgun) that he could use. One seems to be your standard high-caliber semiautomatic pistol. Another seems to have been modified to use an unconventional sort of ammunition- a miniature gas valve of sorts with a blue canister (that is rather cold to the touch) fastened to it in place of a hammer. The final option falls into the "designed in the image of a handgun" category. The weapon in question has a dial on the side that goes up to "4" and lacks any indication of where a magazine, canister, battery, or any sort of ammunition would be inserted.

Mana Sol, on the other hand, is looking for a melee weapon- something with a sharp edge. While she finds three different blades, none are katanas. One is a combat knife, the next is a claymore of sorts, and the last is a falchion. The claymore is different from the rest in that it has some sort of button on the side of the hilt. When she curiously lifts up the claymore and presses the button, the blade instantly begins to buzz intensely and radiate a faint red light. With her other hand, Mana Sol reaches out to feel the edge, but stops when she feels the blazing heat emitting from it. Switching off the claymore, she sets it back down and thinks on which weapon to choose.
Wait.
"So, Ossie, think we'll meet any not-insane chicks this time? That witch on the last mission was a bit ... well, to be fair, I wasn't exactly myself during our little date, either." Antony issues a short bark of a laugh. "Maybe she was just having one of those days. Well, I guess we'll never know, eh? Unless she comes back from the dead to haunt our sorry asses, eh? Wouldn't that be something?"
"In our line of work, I can say with little doubt in my mind that we'll be dealing with more psychos than not. 'Course, if you do happen to find someone that isn't off their rocker, I'd consider you a lucky were- er, man. And the witch coming back from the dead... times are changing, and nowadays, it seems like reanimating witches are the norm. Let's just hope we're fortunate enough to never have to set eyes upon her again."
"I don't know. She wasn't horrible to look at.
She did stab me, though. I guess I can pass up a reunion this time."

Back in the briefing room, Osmond and Antony pass time with idle chitchat.

Turn 23 Ends

OOC:I'll be freezing Yoink and swapping in either ANGRYDEMONNOISES or TrickleJest from the waitlist if he doesn't submit an action for next turn. I've given him enough time and sent enough PMs to no avail, so it would seem that rather than opting to skip his actions he is simply neglecting to read updates entirely.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 28, 2018, 08:00:49 am »

Claymore, Hot knife through butter comes to mind.

First though, see what happens when I swing the other two. They may have their own effects.

Alternatively, and preferably, both Falchion and knife.

Make sure to ask first.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 08:02:34 am by TricMagic »

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 28, 2018, 08:50:58 am »

Wait.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 28, 2018, 09:57:51 am »

Being habitually wary at first, Plugs had been (perhaps unfairly) mistrustful of the seemingly impeccable hospitality of his new employers.
Now, though, he was getting more of a sense of legitimacy - and forgiveness, considering his team had made something of a mess of their first mission. For the first time in quite a long while, Plugs allows himself to lower his guard somewhat, entwining his hands behind his head and lolling back on the lounge.

'Let's face it,' he thinks smugly to himself, his eyes wandering absently across the sumptuous furnishings, 'That job was 'bout as much of a shambles as possible without actually losing anyone, but here I am - they haven't even had a word about it, let alone stabbed me in the back like half the outfits I used to work for. I haven't been, uh, "liquidated", as Vaskal's gang used to call it. I think,' and here the young man raises his eyebrows as he considers the idea properly for the first time, 'I might actually be able to trust these jokers. Maybe doing a megacorp's dirty work isn't such a bad line of work, after all.'

Doze off whilst pondering my bright future and have myself a lovely nap on this wonderful couch.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29