Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll: Do you mind if I shift how Talents work in favor of a superior system to the +X?

Please keep it the way it is
- 0 (0%)
Go ahead
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 06, 2018, 02:21:31 pm

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29

Author Topic: Murder, Inc. - Mission 2: Foul Play [Turn 40] (Defunct)  (Read 44066 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Intermission Phase (Headquarters) [Turn 19]
« Reply #240 on: July 21, 2018, 05:26:22 pm »

His hands still in the pockets of his jumpsuit, Plugs listens for a moment before deciding that the activity in the briefing room is, indeed, of some interest to him and worth investigating.
He hesitates for a moment, then gingerly raises one booted foot to give the door a push, eyebrows raised as he waits to see whatever there is to see.

Cautiously, quietly, nudge the door open with a foot and observe whatever's on the other side.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 21, 2018, 05:41:23 pm »

The bartender sighs. "It's fine... but like your friend here has stated, I'm not sure any of these are safe to drink. In fact, this cantina technically shouldn't even be here."
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 21, 2018, 05:48:44 pm »

"So, what do those documents say?"

Assuming the chairs ha e some wood or cotton product make a small vine and tag it for later use. Under all the chairs, out of sight.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Intermission Phase (Headquarters) [Turn 20]
« Reply #243 on: July 21, 2018, 11:50:39 pm »

Turn 20 Begins

Check what's inside the documents.
"So, what do those documents say?"

Assuming the chairs have some wood or cotton product make a small vine and tag it for later use. Under all the chairs, out of sight.

As Mana Sol hovers over his shoulder, Nix opens the folder in front of him and examines its contents. PM'd. Meanwhile, Mana Sol [4+1]reaches out to the presence of cotton within one of the nearby chairs and extends a rather small vine from it. It is totally out of sight, and only Mana Sol is currently aware of its existence.
Sniff the drink. If nothing's amiss, take a sip.

"Say, doctor, are you feeling okay?"
"Sure, sure, I'm fine. That drink seems to have enhanced my senses and made me dizzy is all. So, you know, good stuff. Thanks bartender. I never caught your name. Well, something tells me we are supposed to be heading to the briefing room soon. How about it, Osmond? Ready for another adventure?"Antony chills with Osmond and the bartender until either Osmond wishes to go to the briefing room, or we are recalled there by an officer or something. He leaves instruction at the bar to tell OP-TR where he went, should that being remember his orders and carry them out.
Osmond lifts the drink to his nose uneasily. It smells just how whisky should- woody and strong. Figuring it should be safe, Osmond takes a sip. It's just as powerful as it smells! As the alcohol warms him, he feels like he could take more of a punch than usual. Whatever this stuff is, its good!

Antony, meanwhile, relaxes in the bar as he rides out the rather unusual effects of the alcoholic concoction he has consumed. Just as he finishes telling the bartender about OP-TR, they cut him off. A device around the barkeep's wrist is beeping. They raise it to their face and examine it closely as though they were reading something on the screen. "Uh, somehow they know you're here. They would like it if you'd make your way to the 'briefing room' pretty soon." The bartender then realizes he hasn't introduced himself this entire time. "Oh! How rude, I didn't introduce myself. My name's Korturi. Anyway, I'll hopefully be seeing you two again soon, yeah? Assuming you don't... y'know... die."
"Don't go around threatening to vaporize random people. It's rude. Unfortunately for you, I'm built for murder and not the forgiving type."

Watch the second turret charge up a shot, then just before it fires drop down from the turret I'm mantling, causing the termination of one adversary. Then mantle the remaining turret before it can recharge, and sever the power cable.
The second phlogigun fires upon the first, [6] and the OP-TR successfully flings itself down before the boiling stream of gaseous hellfire can engulf them. Amazingly, the cloud dissipates before it can spread much further, leaving behind nothing but a dripping mess of metal and wires in place of the first phlogigun. Unfortunately for the OP-TR, they dropped a little too hard and rattled themselves. Whoever is controlling the guns must have deactivated the second one, because it immediately recedes into the ceiling. A few moments after it does, the blast door begins to depressurize and unlock. The operator is about to come out, and he won't be too happy when he does...
His hands still in the pockets of his jumpsuit, Plugs listens for a moment before deciding that the activity in the briefing room is, indeed, of some interest to him and worth investigating.
He hesitates for a moment, then gingerly raises one booted foot to give the door a push, eyebrows raised as he waits to see whatever there is to see.

Cautiously, quietly, nudge the door open with a foot and observe whatever's on the other side.
Plugs decides this is pertinent to his interests, and gradually nudges the door open little by little. Peeking through, he sees the backs of Mana Sol and Peregrin Nix. Nix appears to be reading something out of a folder, and Mana Sol's glance is strangely cast to the side at something Plugs isn't quite seeing.

Turn 20 Ends

Spoiler: Rethi-Eli, Updated (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Egan_BW, Updated (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 22, 2018, 12:02:35 am »

"I see that you are just as intelligent as I suspected, Colonel McEntire."

Wait.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 22, 2018, 12:25:36 am »

"Well my ghostly friend, it appears we're going to a party fairly soon.  And it looks like we're going to need some fairly heavy weaponry."

Put the folder back, see if there's an armoury around this place.

((Apologies if such a location has been mentioned in other people's turns, I haven't been paying the best attention))
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 22, 2018, 12:38:55 am »

Take another sip. Thank the bartender, flip him a coin, and start heading back.

"Alright Doctor, I'm going to head back to HQ. I'm thinking of getting a few more missions done, retiring, and buying a quaint little place away from all this ruckus. Make sure I don't die, will ya?"
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 22, 2018, 05:37:03 am »

"Okay then".

"Hey, who are you?"

Follow to armoury

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 22, 2018, 06:02:47 am »

Nice to meet you, Korturi. Later." Antony waves at the bartender and then heads to the briefing room.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 24, 2018, 08:14:49 am »

See if I can find a comfy couch or armchair in the lounge in which to relax for a while.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Intermission Phase (Headquarters) [Turn 21]
« Reply #250 on: July 24, 2018, 07:38:26 pm »

Turn 21 Begins

"I see that you are just as intelligent as I suspected, Colonel McEntire."

Wait.
OP-TR waits outside the door. The operator has clearly taken the droid's bait, and should be here any second. As the blast door opens wide, OP-TR readies itself for an attack. The man that stands before them is a grizzled one- his leathery skin is crisscrossed with many scars and burns, and his face is host to a salt-and-pepper "mutton chops" style beard. As the decorated officer's eyes (of note, the left appears to be a bionic replacement) fall upon the bot, he immediately bursts into hearty laughter. This goes on for a few moments, much to OP-TR's bemusement, before the Colonel speaks. "Ye gods! And I thought ya looked down-right pathetic through the camera, but here yer even smaller!" With this, Colonel McEntire erupts into laughter once more. "So what exactly are ye here for? I'd hurry up if I wer' ye, cause yer stature isn't gonna be this amusin' t' me forever."
"Well my ghostly friend, it appears we're going to a party fairly soon.  And it looks like we're going to need some fairly heavy weaponry."

Put the folder back, see if there's an armoury around this place.
"Okay then".

"Hey, who are you?"

Follow to armoury

Both Mana Sol and Pergrin Nix make their way to for the armory. Once they arrive, they are surprised to see OP-TR and someone who is clearly a military officer of some sort standing near a pile of melted scrap. The officer notices them both and immediately draws a large and unwieldy revolver from his side and cocks the hammer back. "Alright, what th' hell is goin' on here?! I don' recognize any of ya! Is this your idea of an invasion, little droid?"
Take another sip. Thank the bartender, flip him a coin, and start heading back.

"Alright Doctor, I'm going to head back to HQ. I'm thinking of getting a few more missions done, retiring, and buying a quaint little place away from all this ruckus. Make sure I don't die, will ya?"
Nice to meet you, Korturi. Later." Antony waves at the bartender and then heads to the briefing room.
The good doctor says his goodbyes to the bartender; Osmond does the same and together they head back for the briefing room. When they enter the lounge, they see Plugs standing outside the briefing room and pass him by on the way in. A folder lies open on the table, ready to be examined.
See if I can find a comfy couch or armchair in the lounge in which to relax for a while.
Plugs decides he's going to need all the energy he can muster and falls back onto the same couch Antony rested on earlier. As expected, it's quite comfortable, and Plugs finds himself fighting the near-overwhelming urge to fall asleep.

Turn 21 Ends

OOC:Apologies about the short/low quality turn, I'm feeling a bit lazy lethargic today. :P I also greatly regret making Colonel McEntire have a Scottish accent, because I know nothing about them.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 24, 2018, 07:47:46 pm »

"Not at all. This droid has been causing trouble all over."
She looks pointedly at the wrecked turret.

"Why, it threatened to shoot me before. And meant it too."

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 24, 2018, 08:25:09 pm »

I'll take a look at the folder's contents. Read them, if it's something written.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 24, 2018, 08:52:05 pm »

"I threatened to stab you, spirit, because you were putting your face where it wasn't welcome. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be leaving you idiots."

Good enough. Scurry away, putting Nix between me and the scottish dickhead as impromptu cover.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 24, 2018, 08:55:52 pm »

"Case in point. Not the best at nonviolent solutions."

"Say, that looks pretty powerful, impressive engineering."

She says of the turret.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29