Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll: Do you mind if I shift how Talents work in favor of a superior system to the +X?

Please keep it the way it is
- 0 (0%)
Go ahead
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 06, 2018, 02:21:31 pm

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29

Author Topic: Murder, Inc. - Mission 2: Foul Play [Turn 40] (Defunct)  (Read 44009 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Intermission Phase (Headquarters) [Turn 17]
« Reply #210 on: July 14, 2018, 06:26:31 pm »

"Don't go scurrying off quite yet, machine. I have orders to stay with my team."

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 14, 2018, 06:27:31 pm »

"Mana Sol. Would you happen to be a teammate of this machine here?"

"I suppose I am. I may have lost track of who I'm working with after my eyes got blown out."
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 14, 2018, 06:33:54 pm »

"Screw off, you can stay with the hobbit."

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 14, 2018, 06:34:10 pm »

"Hua.."
"Not the best confirmation. Machine, is this one of your team.... No, best not to take chances."

Carpet made of thread. Check. Trip and entangle, the machine.

"And what about you?"

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 14, 2018, 09:07:44 pm »

"Er... I'm Osmond. Of High Rock. Hello. It seems you've met the rest of the team, save for the doctor and the one with all the cables... say, would any of you happen to know where he is?"

(Sorry Yoink, for some reason I thought you were here)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 09:24:08 pm by Rethi-Eli »
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 14, 2018, 09:20:31 pm »

Strolling out of the clinic, Plugs flexes his freshly-healed hand before his face before tucking it and its comrade into the pockets of his jumpsuit as he wanders the halls.
'Well, that's a weight off my mind,' he thinks to himself as he idly inspects his surroundings, 'I guess my hand isn't about to shrivel up and fall off after all.'

Test the dexterity of my healed and and then go for a wander through the base, I guess.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 14, 2018, 09:29:04 pm »

"Aa. He was headed to the cantine, apparently. "

Are you headed through that door, Nix?

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 14, 2018, 09:48:11 pm »

Carpet made of thread. Check. Trip and entangle, the machine.
I should specify that the path to the cantina, as well as the cantina's floor itself are made of a smooth and stony material (so as to be easier to clean, what with drunks being messy and all).
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 15, 2018, 07:03:35 am »

So the hallway is made of stone then. Well, hopefully that won't matter much. Since these are also team members.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Intermission Phase (Headquarters) [Turn 18]
« Reply #219 on: July 15, 2018, 12:49:32 pm »

So the hallway is made of stone then. Well, hopefully that won't matter much. Since these are also team members.
So... do you have an action or are you passing your turn?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 15, 2018, 01:00:35 pm »

Kinda waiting to see if they go through that door. But no other action
Spoiler: GM only (click to show/hide)

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 15, 2018, 05:57:15 pm »

It would make sense for me to know where cantina is, right? I'll go there. I feel a little tension building up here, but I want to stick around at least one other person in the team.

"Uh, I think I'll take my leave. Welcome to the team... er, I didn't catch your name. What should I call you?"
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 15, 2018, 06:04:38 pm »

"Take the machine with you. I believe it belongs to him."

She does not give you her name.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 15, 2018, 07:19:55 pm »

Turn 18 Begins

Materialize and get up.
Mana Sol slowly morphs into a more solid form, and is no longer transparent. She then lifts herself from the ground and inquires about the identity of her fellow sellsword.
"Oh look, it's solid again."

Scurry off and resume scouting non-restricted areas. If the spirit follows me again, stab it in the kneecap. If it follows me and turns intangible, inform it that I will follow it around until it becomes solid, and then stab it in the kneecap.
The OP-TR scurries off, taking advantage of the spirit's preoccupation. They soon wind up at a much wider hall than the others. After following it to its end, the OP-TR arrives at a pair of blast doors.  A mechanical noise from above prompts the OP-TR to look up. It would appear that two ceiling-mounted turrets have deployed and are already locked onto the bot. A harsh voice barks from a loudspeaker mounted above the blast door, "EH? WHAT THE HELL IS THIS THING AND WHAT IS IT DOING TRYING TO GET IN MY SHOP? IDENTIFY YOURSELF OR BE ERASED!"
"Duly warned. Perhaps I'll find my death here, rather than on some mission for the ... whoever it is we serve. No matter. Ah, and to answer your question, no, I haven't been here before. I'd introduce myself, but I wonder if I will be around long enough for you to bother to remember."

Antony raises the glass in salute to the bartender and drinks.
Antony sighs to himself, before raising the glass and drinking deeply. The drink tastes salty and sends a tingling sensation through his head. The doctor coughs and sputters. "So either I didn't get it right, or you're not normally a drinker. Something tells me it's the former."
That's when the bartender's image flickers for a moment. For a second, Antony could swear he saw a horrid mutant standing in his place. Strange fluids leaked from its skin, scar tissue covering most of its body. Luckily, the bartender returned to normal... is it the drink doing this?
"Name's Nix. Anybody know what's behind that door?"

Inspect door, see if it can be opened at all.
Nix introduces himself to Mana Sol, but quickly turns his attention to the door. The hobbit finds that the bars are locked in place by heavy chains and padlocks. If someone were to smash them, they could be lifted and the door would be good as open. A heavy weapon of some kind would likely do the trick...
Strolling out of the clinic, Plugs flexes his freshly-healed hand before his face before tucking it and its comrade into the pockets of his jumpsuit as he wanders the halls.
'Well, that's a weight off my mind,' he thinks to himself as he idly inspects his surroundings, 'I guess my hand isn't about to shrivel up and fall off after all.'

Test the dexterity of my healed and and then go for a wander through the base, I guess.   
Plugs exits the clinic. Feeling quite relieved at receiving treatment, he decides to make sure his hand healed correctly. First, he makes a fist; it comes easy enough. Next, he tries to bend his thumb to touch each of his fingers. After confirming that he has retained his full range of motion, Frederek decides to go back to wandering through the base.

Frederek soon comes across a few of his allies standing in front of a barred-off door that, according to the sign, is a personnel-only area.
It would make sense for me to know where cantina is, right? I'll go there. I feel a little tension building up here, but I want to stick around at least one other person in the team.

"Uh, I think I'll take my leave. Welcome to the team... er, I didn't catch your name. What should I call you?"
Osmond receives no response but a command to take the OP-TR with him. He disregards this, as it is ultimately Antony's responsibility. He leaves for the cantina with the intent of avoiding any conflict and reuniting with Antony.

Pretty soon, he walks through the door to the cantina. The inside is almost totally packed and only one seat is left at the bar, right next to a figure with a large pack slung over one shoulder. He figures it must be Antony and takes a seat next to him to find out that he's right. The bartender makes eye contact with Osmond as a sad little smile forms. "What can I do for you, friend?"

Turn 18 Ends
Spoiler: Ozarck, Updated (click to show/hide)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 15, 2018, 07:24:29 pm »

"If you want to get in, I could probably unlock it with some sort of seed or wood pieces."
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29