Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll: Do you mind if I shift how Talents work in favor of a superior system to the +X?

Please keep it the way it is
- 0 (0%)
Go ahead
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 06, 2018, 02:21:31 pm

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 29

Author Topic: Murder, Inc. - Mission 2: Foul Play [Turn 40] (Defunct)  (Read 44006 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Intermission Phase (Headquarters) [Turn 16]
« Reply #195 on: July 12, 2018, 07:13:50 am »

"Greetings, all," Antony mutters with a vague wave at the crowd as he approaches the bar.
"Beer, please. Something dark and rich." Antony requests.
"Seems to be the place to be tonight. I missing something?"

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 12, 2018, 08:06:09 am »

"I am afraid I cannot do that." she says from the ground.

"My bindings require me to follow their orders, and I was told to meet up with my teammates and stay with them."

She sits up- "As you split apart, I had a choice of who to follow."

"And well, it's not as if you have a choice but to follow their orders. No attacking your teammates, machine. Particularly when they have no other choice."

Spoiler: IT (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 08:08:24 am by TricMagic »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 12, 2018, 01:58:01 pm »

"I am not company property, I follow orders from the doctor directly. Therefore I am fully authorized to attack you if doing so would farther the cause of the mission, or if I suspect that you pose a danger to my own structural integrity. You had every opportunity to follow the doctor, and even indicated verbally to him that this was your plan. And yet, now you are following me, for reasons that I cannot speculate about. However, fae spirits are famously un-trustworthy, so I will not invest any of my trust in you. Therefore, you pose a danger to any scouting mission, and thus can be eliminated in order to ensure the success of the mission, which is the first priority."

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 12, 2018, 02:03:12 pm »

"You just answered your own question."

"Your movements were more aligned with my suggestion to him."

"Still, how will you mange that. My elimination."

Turn Intangible

Continue to follow.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 12, 2018, 02:10:51 pm »

"I hate you."

Wait.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 12, 2018, 02:13:36 pm »

Look around at our surroundings.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 12, 2018, 06:32:51 pm »

(( Few questions. Do I still have echolocation even WITH normal sight restored? Also, does my super vision extend to being telescopic, able to see things that are very far away? ))

"Thank...you."

Hightail it outta there, and try and make my way towards where everyone else is.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 12, 2018, 06:36:11 pm »

(( Few questions. Do I still have echolocation even WITH normal sight restored? Also, does my super vision extend to being telescopic, able to see things that are very far away? ))

You still have echolocation, but there's no real reason to use it. I guess you could use it if you're blinded again or find yourself in total darkness? And yes, you can see farther as well. I should have specified that your vision is just generally preternatural.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 12, 2018, 07:23:43 pm »

((Sweeeeeeet.))
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Intermission Phase (Headquarters) [Turn 17]
« Reply #204 on: July 14, 2018, 12:48:37 pm »

Turn 17 Begins

[DOUBLE REDACTED, ALSO SECRET ACTION PM'D BECAUSE SECRET TURN WARRANTS SECRET ACTION AMIRITE]

After exiting the closet, Osmond tries to ascertain just where he is. He figures he ought to reunite with the team and begins to look for them. [3]Osmond comes across both OP-TR and some sort of spirit arguing with each other, the spirit lying prone on the ground.  A robot and a spirit arguing... just another day.
"I hate you."

Wait.

Look around at our surroundings.
Mana Sol tries to tag along wherever OP-TR is going, but the 'bot clearly isn't having it and waits in frustrated silence. Only partly conceding, the spirit resolves to analyze her surroundings. The two are in a mostly featureless (and quite sterile) hallway. Nothing in particular stands out about it, save for the fact that farther up north of their current position it splits in two opposite directions. Just as she thinks she's seen all there is here, Mana Sol turns around to see a barred steel door with a sign over it that reads "CONFIDENTIAL STORAGE AREA. AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY."
"Greetings, all," Antony mutters with a vague wave at the crowd as he approaches the bar.
"Beer, please. Something dark and rich." Antony requests.
"Seems to be the place to be tonight. I missing something?"
The room remains mostly silent. The individuals on the left side of the bar all turn away from Anthony (eerily enough) at the exact same time. As he steps up to the bar, he makes a simple request for a rich and dark beer. Hearing this, the bartender poses a simple question. "You haven't been here before, have you?" He asks, frowning slightly and placing an empty tankard between them. The bartender raises a hand, palm-down, over the tankard. What happens next is shocking, and a bit disgusting; a dark and frothy liquid flows from his hand into the tankard. "Oh, looks like you got lucky. I don't always have control over what it is. There was one time where a particular patron requested hard liquor and wound up with a mug full of battery acid... don't say I didn't warn you."
"Thank...you."

Hightail it outta there, and try and make my way towards where everyone else is.
Now that he has his vision back, Nix can see just how terrible the thing that healed him is. Feeling the first signs of a deep and gripping fear, the hobbit decides it'd be best to leave as fast as he can.

After putting a significant distance between himself and the clinic, Peregrine Nix stops to catch his breath and gather his thoughts. The decision he soon reaches is to regroup with his allies(especially now that he knows something like that resides in what is supposed to be a secure building.) Nix soon runs across two of his associates (OP-TR and Osmond of High Rock) and an unidentified...ghost? They're all standing near a barred off door to a restricted area.

Turn 17 Ends

OOC:On another note, this is the second consecutive time I've had to skip someone's action. Just a friendly reminder that if you ever become no longer interested that I can put your character in cold storage/autopilot them until the mission is over(although I would obviously prefer nobody left for OOC reasons.)
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 14, 2018, 12:54:38 pm »

Materialize and get up.

"Hello, who are you?"

*tilts head cutely.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 14, 2018, 03:27:08 pm »

"Duly warned. Perhaps I'll find my death here, rather than on some mission for the ... whoever it is we serve. No matter. Ah, and to answer your question, no, I haven't been here before. I'd introduce myself, but I wonder if I will be around long enough for you to bother to remember."

Antony raises the glass in salute to the bartender and drinks.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 14, 2018, 06:05:30 pm »

((I'ma assume you're talking to me TricMagic))

"Name's Nix. Anybody know what's behind that door?"

Inspect door, see if it can be opened at all.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 14, 2018, 06:07:55 pm »

"Mana Sol. Would you happen to be a teammate of this machine here?"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 14, 2018, 06:11:25 pm »

"Oh look, it's solid again."

Scurry off and resume scouting non-restricted areas. If the spirit follows me again, stab it in the kneecap. If it follows me and turns intangible, inform it that I will follow it around until it becomes solid, and then stab it in the kneecap.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 29