Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll: Do you mind if I shift how Talents work in favor of a superior system to the +X?

Please keep it the way it is
- 0 (0%)
Go ahead
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 06, 2018, 02:21:31 pm

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29

Author Topic: Murder, Inc. - Mission 2: Foul Play [Turn 40] (Defunct)  (Read 43934 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Intermission Phase (Headquarters) [Turn 13]
« Reply #165 on: July 04, 2018, 11:20:12 am »

Mana Sol is currently being examined in the Research & Development Department.

"Hua... Are we done yet?"

Waiting for the Tests to be over.

TrickleJest

• Bay Watcher
  • I write things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 04, 2018, 02:03:01 pm »

Welp, I guess I'm in the waiting list now.

Name: Jack Mundane
Species/Race: Humanoid creature, taller and skinnier than one, with six arms and a floating triangle for its head. In the middle of its head lies a single large unblinking eye, and on its back are a pair of black wings, far too decayed to ever fly.
Talents: Very skilled at throwing cards and can sew at superhuman speeds.
Trait: Abaddon's Pit - Jack is able to consume one or more objects and exchange them for one completely different object. However, he cannot control what the outcome will be.
Inventory: A single red scarf that obscures the fact that his head hovers above his body, three decks of playing cards, multiple needles and many, many threads of different colors.
Bio: A long time ago, Jack used to be a human, although he does not remember who exactly he was. What he does remember is that he was a notorious serial killer who tortured his victims before they died, usually peeling off their skin with playing cards. One day, unceremoniously dying via a bus crashing right into him while he stood on the sidewalk, Jack ended up in Hell. Bored with the endless torment, he challenged the keeper of Abaddon to a battle, secretly wishing to steal the power of the Abaddon pit for his own desires. He knew that he would stand no chance against the angel of destruction, so he attempted to trick him. Whilst the keeper showed Jack the pit itself, Jack attempted to throw the keeper in there. However, in doing so, he accidentally slipped and fell into the pit itself. Suffice to say, both Jack's human form and the keeper of Abaddon became what he is today. As he is still partially the keeper, he retains the abilities of the pit itself. Deemed an unholy beast by even Lucifer himself, he was banished from Hell.

As for why he's here - Well, life on Earth can get a little boring from time to time. Who knows, maybe this is what he needs to finally find something he's fully interested in?

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 04, 2018, 02:15:12 pm »

Waitlisted. Enjoy your time with Murder Inc. :^)
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 04, 2018, 06:07:42 pm »

Devoting most of his energy to carefully cradling his wounded hand (and preparing to play up the injury if he finds the medical staff's sympathy to be insufficient), Plugs doesn't appear overly surprised or intrigued by the formerly hidden door.
He just follows the woman without a word, considering his answers to any questions he might be asked about how it happened.

Follow. Receive medical attention, hopefully.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 04, 2018, 06:41:20 pm »

Oh yeah, Mutter to th others that if they find the medical services here dissatisfatory, he might have another option.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Intermission Phase (Headquarters) [Turn 14]
« Reply #170 on: July 06, 2018, 12:24:49 am »

Turn 14 Begins

Follow the noises of my more direction-capable teammates and follow them into what's hopefully the damn clinic.
From his position, Nix can hear a pair of boots clicking across the floor right past him. From their stance, they are nursing an injury and thus likely heading for assistance. The sneaky hobbit rises from his feet and follows after the trail of sounds to a glass door. Plugs went in here...
With that thought, he opens the door and deliberately steps in before clicking his tongue for confirmation. Yep, sounds like a waiting room would, and Plugs is here. But where's the staff?
Run combat simulations of electric sheep.
The OP-TR simulates time away chasing after robotic sheep. How quaint.
Alright then. I understand perfectly, profit is profit, and you have no intentions of handing out anything for free. Perhaps I can offer you this ring, then? When I slipped it on, I felt a minor but still noticeable sharpening of all my senses, as well as all the exhaustion fading from my body. Perhaps you would find such a ring of equal, no, perhaps even greater value to whatever shield you have to offer?

Offer the ring to the greedy scum. A little lie won't hurt anyone, will it?
Dr. Auris takes the ring with a big, cheesy grin. "If you don't mind, friend, it'll just be a moment before..." He suddenly cuts off, expression souring. Auris swallows hard, clearly internalizing sudden rage. "You lied. This is cursed, and I can feel it". Auris' fingers are suddenly enveloped in an awe-inspiring aura. Osmond reflexively draws his sword and swings for the Director. "Ah, well, I would try to scam myself too". After this statement, Osmond realizes that his sword never really struck his opponent because it is no longer in his hands; a fistful of shiny coins lay in his palms instead. Smiling broadly once more, the capricious doctor produces a large block of grooved metal with a strap from a nearby drawer and slides it around Osmond's strangely unmoving left wrist. "There's your shield. I'd give you information about it, but you did just try to scam me. The gold'll turn back into your sword within the hour... now see yourself out."

It'd be wise not to anger him further.
Just gonna nap here on the couch for now. Unless some cute secretary directs me to my room.
Oh yeah, Mutter to th others that if they find the medical services here dissatisfatory, he might have another option.
Muttering something about other medical options, Antony falls fast into a deep and dreamless sleep. His last thoughts as his consciousness fades are those of a hypothetical rendezvous with a hypothetical secretary.
Mana Sol is currently being examined in the Research & Development Department.

"Hua... Are we done yet?"

Waiting for the Tests to be over.
Meanwhile, in the back of the R&D Department...
"Right, just follow my finger here the best you can without moving your head," a nondescript researcher slowly waves their extended index finger around. "Alright. Seems everything is fine and the bindings are all in place... you're free to go. Your team is waiting for you in the lobby." Better get moving, then.
Devoting most of his energy to carefully cradling his wounded hand (and preparing to play up the injury if he finds the medical staff's sympathy to be insufficient), Plugs doesn't appear overly surprised or intrigued by the formerly hidden door.
He just follows the woman without a word, considering his answers to any questions he might be asked about how it happened.

Follow. Receive medical attention, hopefully.
Frederek wordlessly follows after the nurse and finds himself in a comparatively larger room. In fact, it's so expansive and barren that you could likely classify it as an empty storage room. The nurse very slowly turns to face Plugs and reveals a syringe full of red fluid that she seems to have produced from nothing "Give me your arm." And that's when he noticed it- her face was lumpy and deformed, like she had rocks buried underneath her skin. The arm holding the syringe wasn't actually holding it at all, rather it extended from the palm of their hand. Beneath the flesh of her arms are tube-like outlines coiling around bone. "This room exists as a quasi-plane capable of containing my unrestrained form. I do all procedures in here. Now if you want to heal and  avoid frustrating what you'd likely regard as an abomination, give me your arm", Their expression hasn't changed even the slightest. The question is this; does Plugs trust them?

Turn 14 Ends
OOC:Ye gods! I'm wasted. Independence Day was wild for me, so please accept this shit-tier turn a day late. I know a lot of weird and grotesque stuff is happening here too, but it's all surprisingly been planned to a degree. Hooray for outlines and notes. With that, the next turn might be a bit late too. Independence Day is more like Independence Week for me this year. Sorry!
Spoiler: Osmond, Updated (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 12:28:28 am by Mallos »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 06, 2018, 01:12:43 am »

"If anything in here responds to my voice, I could use some medical assistance."

In the event that nothing is voice activated, ask Plugs for help in acquiring medical aid.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 06, 2018, 01:15:14 am »

((Hell yeah! Party on, GM! You have the Yoink's blessing!))

Meh. I "dated" worse back in the undercity.
Proffer my arm without resistance, and maybe even offer a suave remark or two as she works, referring to how good she is with her hands, or something along those lines.( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Edit: ((pretty sure I was ushered into a separate room. I shall edit my action nonetheless.))

If I notice the halfling wander into the clinic at some point, ignore him entirely until my own medical attention is dealt with before smilingly directing the nurse towards my "friend".
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 01:20:19 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 06, 2018, 07:03:47 am »

placeholder action. Feel free to have Antony wake up and receive his pay and debriefing. And information on his inventory / room / holdings / other property.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 06, 2018, 08:00:04 am »

Mana walks out and to the lobby.

"Finally.. Thought they'd never get done."

She notices someone sleeping on the couch.

..You are lucky I'm restrained.

"Doesn't mean I can't introduce myself though."

Wood Couch? Wood Couch. Mana Sol uses her power to sprout vines from the wood to wrap around this guy, gently.

She then pokes him. Poke'poke'

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 06, 2018, 08:28:51 am »

"Hmph. Alright, I'll see myself out. Perhaps I underestimated you."

Wander around, explore the HQ.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 06, 2018, 11:22:24 am »

Hmph. I hear something. Re-activate and climb out of my bed.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 09, 2018, 07:45:46 pm »

Now that I'm done tearing up the state I live in and the northern adjacent one as well, I'm going to start writing the update. Whee.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Intermission Phase (Headquarters) [Turn 15]
« Reply #178 on: July 10, 2018, 01:09:47 am »

Turn 15 Begins

"If anything in here responds to my voice, I could use some medical assistance."

In the event that nothing is voice activated, ask Plugs for help in acquiring medical aid.
Meh. I "dated" worse back in the undercity.
Proffer my arm without resistance, and maybe even offer a suave remark or two as she works, referring to how good she is with her hands, or something along those lines.( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

If I notice the halfling wander into the clinic at some point, ignore him entirely until my own medical attention is dealt with before smilingly directing the nurse towards my "friend".

"Oh, good, this one's not so craven as to screech and run.", As they say this, a fleshy tendril emerges from their side and holds Frederek's extended arm in place. The syringe-like protrusion is forced into his wrist and empties its payload into his veins.  An intense burning sensation engulfs Plug's being just as he is about to start flirting, and instead of a suave remark he offers only a pained whimper. A moment later, the wound has closed. "Be on your way, and send in the next patient."

On the outside, the hobbit mutters a request for assistance just as Plugs enters. Frederek helps Nix into the backroom before departing for the lounge. "Now... what ails you?"
placeholder action. Feel free to have Antony wake up and receive his pay and debriefing. And information on his inventory / room / holdings / other property.
Mana walks out and to the lobby.

"Finally.. Thought they'd never get done."

She notices someone sleeping on the couch.

..You are lucky I'm restrained.

"Doesn't mean I can't introduce myself though."

Wood Couch? Wood Couch. Mana Sol uses her power to sprout vines from the wood to wrap around this guy, gently.

She then pokes him. Poke'poke'

Hmph. I hear something. Re-activate and climb out of my bed.
Antony wakes up, feeling groggy and a little confused. He jumps in surprise as he notices a few vines coiling lightly around his limbs. As he shakes them off, he turns to notice an ethereal being approaching him.

Mana Sol slowly and deliberately extends her arm, gently poking the good doctor's forehead. Is this their idea of a greeting?

OP-TR wakes itself after detecting a disturbance and rises out of Antony's pocket, analyzing the transparent figure before them. Their scanners apparently are familiar with the traces of energy, and identify the individual as "Bound Entity: Mana Sol".
"Hmph. Alright, I'll see myself out. Perhaps I underestimated you."

Wander around, explore the HQ.
After that near-disaster of a meeting, Osmond plods his way through the halls of the Sellsword Project's HQ and finds himself outside of a nondescript door next to a "NO SMOKING" sign. A thick cloud of green smoke billows out through the door. Someone's a reaaaal rebel...

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Intermission Phase (Headquarters) [Turn 15]
« Reply #179 on: July 10, 2018, 01:13:44 am »

"Some...thing, burned out my eyes. I can't see out of them, at all. Please help me."

Hope whatever this thing is doesn't fuck me up too badly.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29