Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll: Do you mind if I shift how Talents work in favor of a superior system to the +X?

Please keep it the way it is
- 0 (0%)
Go ahead
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 06, 2018, 02:21:31 pm

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 29

Author Topic: Murder, Inc. - Mission 2: Foul Play [Turn 40] (Defunct)  (Read 43941 times)

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Mission 1: Trouble In Paradise [Turn 11] (Hiatus Over!)
« Reply #150 on: June 30, 2018, 12:01:47 am »

Look around. If I don't see anything of note, return to the extraction point. Keep my guard up.

...We should be cautious. We have the blade, but hurrying back to the extraction point is exactly what Thala would expect us to do.

She is dead, but we know not what otherworldly forces are still bent to her dying will, which was certainly our destruction.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Mission 1: Trouble In Paradise [Turn 11] (Hiatus Over!)
« Reply #151 on: June 30, 2018, 12:44:48 am »

Skeddadle back to the extraction point.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Intermission Phase (Headquarters) [Turn 12]
« Reply #152 on: July 02, 2018, 07:48:08 pm »

Note:We're well past the window for turns, so I'm just going to assume Yoink was also going to return to the extraction point.

Turn 12 Begins

As the last of the smoke clears from the room, the Sellswords know their job here is done.
"The human is annoyed to lose her toy. How amusing."

Welp, back to the extraction point!
Welp, back to the extraction point!
Look around. If I don't see anything of note, return to the extraction point. Keep my guard up.

...We should be cautious. We have the blade, but hurrying back to the extraction point is exactly what Thala would expect us to do.

She is dead, but we know not what otherworldly forces are still bent to her dying will, which was certainly our destruction.

Quote from: Plugs, Auto
Follow Antony to the extraction point.
Skeddadle back to the extraction point.
Quote from: Wireshark
I require assistance to make it to the extraction point.
Nix retreats from the room, looking to exit the mansion and return to the hilltop they landed on. Osmond, however, is still convinced something else is here. A slight twinkle in the dark catches his eye. It's Thala's charm, and it appears to be lightly glowing. Cautiously, the mercenary hefts his makeshift shield up and approaches it. Nothing appears to be happening. Perhaps it is of no danger after all, he thinks to himself as he swaps his scrap shield out for the charm. It's quite an intricate little trinket, made of a shiny silver metal that is somewhat warm to the touch. He decides to pocket it on account of his gut feeling that it'll come in handy. Wireshark implores Osmond to help him to the extraction point. Being the unusually honorable sort, Osmond doesn't hesitate to let the cyborg lean on him on the way to the hill.

By the time everyone finishes the grueling walk back up the steep incline, they can already spot a dropship similar in form to the one they arrived in on the horizon. The group sits in a semicircle while they patiently wait. The dropship soon lands, and as the ramp lowers the group takes a second to admire the beauty of the country sunrise.

An hour or so later...

The sellswords' collective attention is grabbed by a voice coming from a speaker built into the ceiling above them. "Attention, loyal and esteemed associates, we'll be making our landing at headquarters here pretty soon. Might want to hold onto something", The voice is deadpan- so monotonous, in fact, that not one of the mercs is sure whether the "loyal and esteemed" portion was in jest or perfectly serious. The landing is a little rough, but nothing compared to earlier.  The ramp lowers, and the tainted air of the city greets the team- the smog is something you never quite get used to, but at least it's only fall. 

The inside of the Sellsword Branch's headquarters is a stark contrast to the mundane office building it appeared as from the helipad- well furnished, almost reminiscent of a private villa(the key difference being the occasional 'suit' marching through the halls). It's clear that the interior designers were equally focused on function and aesthetics, because you'd have a hard time finding anything else that was simultaneously functional and attractive. A representative from the Corporation should be here to debrief them and talk payment soon, but until then they might want to find something to do.

If memory serves, there's an express clinic of sorts somewhere in here for "high-priority" associates of the Corporation only, but they should have no issue fitting that bill. There also was an R&D department to visit(perhaps they could be persuaded, through tempting words or hard cash, to part with some of their inventions?) as well as a few other areas of interest, such as a high-class bar and a gym of sorts to train between assignments.

Turn 12 Ends
Spoiler: Osmond, Updated (click to show/hide)

OOC:Well, here we are during the 'between-missions' phase. This is an opportunity to both roleplay your character, as well as possibly improve themselves or acquire new equipment. The Sellsword HQ is very accommodating, so just about anything (within reason) is possible to find here. After a while, you'll be paid in some form and soon after assigned your next mission. Also, Wireshark is now officially out and TricMagic is in. This will also serve as an opportunity for everyone to get acquainted with the new member.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 08:48:13 pm by Mallos »
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 02, 2018, 09:00:46 pm »

The optr emits a happy sounding jingle.
"Thank you for employing this terminator class octopede bot! Entering standby."

Fold up in the good doctor's bag and sleep 'till reactivated.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 03, 2018, 12:37:21 am »

Figure out how to reserve some surgery in the clinic, in order to fix my eyes.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 03, 2018, 06:40:19 am »

Antony flops onto a couch, kicking a leg up over the arm and throwing an arm across his forehead.

"Well. That was a disaster. A successful disaster, I guess. Nobody died? lucky lucky."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 03, 2018, 08:53:29 am »

Plugs heaves himself up from his seat aboard the dropship once it lands, letting out a ragged breath he hadn't realised he'd been holding.
"Damn. What a mess."

Grumbling a little and nursing his injured arm, he carefully makes his way down the ramp and into the compound, stepping quietly around the blinded hobbit as he makes his way in the same direction - albeit perhaps in a less-circuitous route, what with still having functioning eyes and all.

Disembark. Use my advantages of sight and height to outpace Nix on the way to the clinic - if he's even headed in the right direction at all. Since I work here now, proffer my wounded hand to the first medical staff I meet and demand that someone do something about it before it has a chance to shrivel up and/or drop off.

If I'm not in too much pain, use my trip to the clinic to have a look at my surroundings - have I been in this particular compound before? Are there many other folks around? How does the décor compare to the gritty slums I grew up in?

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 03, 2018, 11:24:03 am »

Take off the ring. It hasn't really done much, and it looks ungainly to boot. Keep with my possessions of note, however.

When that's done, I'll try go and get a new shield from the R&D department. Should persuasion fail, perhaps bargaining with some money would succeed.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Intermission Phase (Headquarters) [Turn 13]
« Reply #158 on: July 03, 2018, 03:19:43 pm »

Turn 13 Begins

The optr emits a happy sounding jingle.
"Thank you for employing this terminator class octopede bot! Entering standby."

Fold up in the good doctor's bag and sleep 'till reactivated.
OP-TR climbs up Antony's leg and into his pocket, emitting a power-off noise. Sweet dreams, robotic servitor.
Antony flops onto a couch, kicking a leg up over the arm and throwing an arm across his forehead.

"Well. That was a disaster. A successful disaster, I guess. Nobody died? lucky lucky."
Confirming that the OP-TR is secured in his pocket, the Doctor collapses onto one of the couches. It's quite comfortable. The softness of the couch seems to render him cognizant of just how exhausted he really is. With a little rest, he should expect to be fully revitalized.
Figure out how to reserve some surgery in the clinic, in order to fix my eyes.
Plugs heaves himself up from his seat aboard the dropship once it lands, letting out a ragged breath he hadn't realised he'd been holding.
"Damn. What a mess."

Grumbling a little and nursing his injured arm, he carefully makes his way down the ramp and into the compound, stepping quietly around the blinded hobbit as he makes his way in the same direction - albeit perhaps in a less-circuitous route, what with still having functioning eyes and all.

Disembark. Use my advantages of sight and height to outpace Nix on the way to the clinic - if he's even headed in the right direction at all. Since I work here now, proffer my wounded hand to the first medical staff I meet and demand that someone do something about it before it has a chance to shrivel up and/or drop off.

If I'm not in too much pain, use my trip to the clinic to have a look at my surroundings - have I been in this particular compound before? Are there many other folks around? How does the décor compare to the gritty slums I grew up in?

[3-1]Nix clicks his tongue. The room's acoustics are far from optimal, what with all the furniture and decor, and he has trouble navigating. The blinded hobbit trips over his own two feet while trying to get a feel for the room.From his position on the ground, Nix can easily detect one of his comrade's making their way toward him.

Plugs steps forward while nursing his arm. What a mess that was, he thinks to himself. He has no trouble outpacing Nix, as the hobbit has fallen to the ground while trying to feel for the walls of the room. Frederek sees a sign nearby.
Frederek follows the sign's directions to the Clinic. He's only been here one time before, and never to this portion of the facility, but it seems to have some manner of a uniform layout. The decor is awe-inspiring compared to the wretched gutter of a slum he matured in, and he almost forgets the purpose of his trek. Stopping place, Plugs notices a glass door with a decal reading CORPORATE CLINIC on it.

The inside of the Clinic is how one would expect- sterile and hardly decorated, a noticeable contrast to the carefully arranged furnishings and paintings of the lounge he was in only moments ago. A youthful and expressionless woman makes her way towards Plugs as he enters. "Right then, let's see it.", she speaks in a soft yet commanding voice. Plugs assumes that the nurse wants to see a wound, so he reveals the puncture in his hand to her. "Oh, that's simple. Follow me". After finishing her sentence, she disappears through a door behind her. Weird, Plugs didn't notice that there before...
Take off the ring. It hasn't really done much, and it looks ungainly to boot. Keep with my possessions of note, however.

When that's done, I'll try go and get a new shield from the R&D department. Should persuasion fail, perhaps bargaining with some money would succeed.

As Osmond slips off the ring, he feels the malaise fade from his body; the aura around his hands slowly vanishes as well. Reading the sign, he follows the directions to the R&D Department.

If the waiting room was supposed to be a benchmark for the entire building's decor, it failed spectacularly. The R&D Department (at least, the entrance Osmond is currently at) is the epitome of Utilitarian- the floors are made of a dull, ugly, concrete-like material. There is a small sign mounted to the ceiling that affirms his suspicions; this is the entrance to R&D. The automatic door in front of Osmond opens, and a man in rather plain clothes waves him in. "Yes, go ahead. Come in. We've been expecting you."

The interior is the same as the anterior, to Osmond's disappointment. The researcher extends a hand. My name is Dr. Auris. I'm the head researcher here in the Corporation's R&D Department". He turns his back on Osmond momentarily to glance at some papers on a nearby desk before doubling back. "While we were able to see you coming on the cameras, we can't exactly read your mind, so what is it you wanted?", Dr. Auris asked. As Osmond explains himself, the jovial doctor's face sours into a slight frown. "I see. You wish for me to part with one of my creations".

"I do happen to have a shield of sorts, but I must warn you I will only part with it for an object of equal value... or your entire paycheck for the most recent mission, whichever you prefer.", As the bespectacled researcher adds the comment on Osmond's paycheck, his frown is replaced by a wicked and greedy grin that seems to embody avarice. It's Osmond's move in the negotiations now.

Spoiler: Osmond, Updated (click to show/hide)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 03, 2018, 04:09:01 pm »

Follow the noises of my more direction-capable teammates and follow them into what's hopefully the damn clinic.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 03, 2018, 05:58:39 pm »

Run combat simulations of electric sheep.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 03, 2018, 08:23:44 pm »

Alright then. I understand perfectly, profit is profit, and you have no intentions of handing out anything for free. Perhaps I can offer you this ring, then? When I slipped it on, I felt a minor but still noticeable sharpening of all my senses, as well as all the exhaustion fading from my body. Perhaps you would find such a ring of equal, no, perhaps even greater value to whatever shield you have to offer?

Offer the ring to the greedy scum. A little lie won't hurt anyone, will it?

(as a sidenote, my apostrophe key isn't working for some reason, sorry for the somewhat clumsy writing)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 04, 2018, 09:08:51 am »

Spoiler: Mana Sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Appearance (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 11:08:22 am by TricMagic »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 04, 2018, 09:37:25 am »

Just gonna nap here on the couch for now. Unless some cute secretary directs me to my room.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 04, 2018, 11:00:10 am »

Spoiler: Mana Sheet (click to show/hide)

Formally accepted.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 29