Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll: Do you mind if I shift how Talents work in favor of a superior system to the +X?

Please keep it the way it is
- 0 (0%)
Go ahead
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 06, 2018, 02:21:31 pm

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 29

Author Topic: Murder, Inc. - Mission 2: Foul Play [Turn 40] (Defunct)  (Read 43895 times)

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Mission 1: Trouble In Paradise [Turn 7]
« Reply #90 on: June 11, 2018, 03:09:00 am »

Turn 7 Begins

"I can work with this...clik clik clik. Let's see if we can head further in, Osmond."

Sneak further into the compound, see what my echolocation reveals about my surroundings.
You there, robot - I'm not sure what you're doing, but your help would be appreciated. Tag along, if you will.

Follow Peregrin.
[3+1]Nix decides to sneak into the compound where the rest of the team (sans Osmond) awaits him. He enters just like the rest of his team, carefully climbing through the window to the study. [2]Nix clicks his tongue a few times, but he's only just discovered this ability of his. Peregrine Nix notices nothing more than what he could already easily judge, such as the size of the room and location of the walls/exits. He could definitely use some practice.

Osmond follows him the whole time, so he ends up in the study alongside his hobbit friend.
"Well, that was pointless."

Repeat previous.
[3]Noting two previously unnoticed chimneys on the rooftop, the OPR attempts to scale the wall. [6]The OPR gets a bit overzealous, however, and winds up stumbling during its wall-run, falling from a rather high distance. When it hits the ground, the OPR is miraculously informed that it has suffered purely cosmetic damages. That's twice now, damn it.
claws out. attempt to tear the door from the frame.
[6]As Antony's claws force their way out, the thought of tracking down Wireshark and crunching on his metallic skull briefly crosses his mind. He soon recognizes that would provide no nourishment or satisfaction for the Beast Within. As a result, he spends a moment too long meditating on the difference between the taste of metal and flesh and ends up throwing himself into a frenzy. The Beast wants, no, needs flesh. [5+1]Channeling his hunger and rage, Antony shreds the door to ribbons as he would his quarry. The sweet smell intensifies now that the door has been broken down, and even in the near total darkness his wolfish eyes can make out everything within perfectly. This is the largest room in the entire estate, and an unusual one at that; a spacious chamber that is almost completely lacks decor or furnishing, save for a large hexagram painted onto the ground in the center of the floor. At each point of the hexagram stands a figure, and all but one are covered so heavily in blue robes that they are as featureless as the room. That's when the doctor realizes her- the one standing at the West end of the hexagram is none other than Thala herself. The scent is coming from some kind of incense burning in the center of the hexagram. Thala immediately leaps to action at Antony's intrusion, drawing an ornate rapier from a sheath on her side. Even in his state of delirious rage, Antony knows it has to be the blade they've been sent for.
"What in the Star's name are YOU? Initiates, form a circle around me! NOW!"

Thala's initiates have surrounded her, and combat has begun. Also, Antony's current frenzy target is locked as Thala.
Dusting himself off before staring distrustfully at the unnatural-looking floating sphere, Plugs eventually grunts and shakes his head.
"Well, this kinda shit's pretty much beyond my area of expertise. Any ideas, borg? Otherwise," he says, stepping closer to the shelves whilst keeping well away from the marks on the floor, "I say we either catch up with the doc or wait for the others - regroup, likes."

Observe the weird hovering ball from a safe distance. Have a bit of a glance over the kind of tools stacked on the shelves, preferably without touching anything (unless there's something that's just really interesting, I suppose), then, if wireshark doesn't have any better ideas, go back into the hallway and see if there's any sign of our teammates.
Quote from: Wireshark
Bizarre. I shall scan it and compare the resulting data to the records and knowledge I have been programmed with.
Plugs gives the shelves a once-over, [6]finding a ridiculous amount of confusing and esoteric tools. There is only one exception to this observation; a single, solitary iron flask. He decides that it's probably some form of magic elixir and pockets it. Whether he wants to try his luck with it or not hasn't been decided yet, but he could probably sell it for a nice bit of spending money if all else fails.

At the same time, Wireshark begins to scan the radiant sphere's composition. [3]His databanks must be malfunctioning, though, because he's received inconclusive results from them. They claim that it is either composed entirely of green light, or perhaps it is a ball of hydrogen in constant fusion. Either way, he's still not sure of why either of those things would be here.

The two of them exit the room soon after, and wind up in the foyer that Antony was just in.

Turn 7 Ends

OOC:I had something to say, but then I forgot it. RIP.
Spoiler: Yoink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: AnonymousPotato (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 05:39:49 am by Mallos »
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 11, 2018, 03:25:21 am »

Repeat previous.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 11, 2018, 03:30:22 am »

Repeat previous.
If you fail again, I will both laugh at you and cry for you at the same time.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 11, 2018, 03:39:57 am »

((Where are we relative to the werewolf slaughter that's about to happen? Can we hear the sound of fighting?))
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 11, 2018, 03:46:39 am »

((Where are we relative to the werewolf slaughter that's about to happen? Can we hear the sound of fighting?))
Just the tearing of the door and faint shouting. Big hallways in a big house. How do I even acoustics?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 11, 2018, 03:56:50 am »

"If there's a fight happening, it's one of us. Might need our help."

Move towards the sounds of fighting, carefully sneaking the entire way. Keep an ear out for any enemy movement.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 11, 2018, 07:14:46 am »

Direct physical violence was not really Antony's preference at the best of times. But the beast within, fueled by the beast without, reveled in the idea of the oncoming carnage. there would be pain, oh yes. And someone would die, oh yes. Why it could even be Antony who falls. The beasts snarl, but they do not hesitate, nor for a split second.

Leap right in, over the initiates. Take the sword in one claw, even if this means having the claw run through by the sword. Regardless of what happens with the sword, use my weight and size and strength to overpower 9tshouldering aside any initiates foolish enough to step between), and speed and reflexes to keep her from dodging. Primary goal: Bite something vital!

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 11, 2018, 08:01:14 pm »

Examine the study for any info that might prove useful.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 11, 2018, 08:10:40 pm »

Repeat previous.
If you fail again, I will both laugh at you and cry for you at the same time.
And I will neither laugh nor cry, but rather Repeat Previous. Playing as robots who don't question orders or get bored is fun. :P

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 13, 2018, 08:38:18 am »

Considering the crucial nature of his action, I'm giving Yoink another day or so for his turn.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 13, 2018, 09:00:56 am »

((Sorry! My internet is slow as always, plus I have run out of data on my phone. Also I don't think my laptop took kindly to having tea spilled on it. Uh oh.
Quick question: has Plugs heard or otherwise detected the commotion in the next room? I'm guessing yes, but who knows.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 13, 2018, 11:34:29 am »

((Sorry! My internet is slow as always, plus I have run out of data on my phone. Also I don't think my laptop took kindly to having tea spilled on it. Uh oh.
Quick question: has Plugs heard or otherwise detected the commotion in the next room? I'm guessing yes, but who knows.))

Due to the fact that the house lacks furniture for the most part, it is very conductive of sound. So yeah, I'd say you could hear a fucking wolfman tearing what is essentially a blast door to shreds.  :P

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 14, 2018, 01:48:38 am »

"Well then," Plugs says, raising his eyebrows as he stands tense and ready by the mangled remains of yet another door, "Guess we'd better get in there, huh?"
He doesn't sound overly enthusiastic. In fact, he seems quite happy to let the more combat-ready Wireshark take the lead here. He kneels down to tighten a dangerously slack bootlace in preparation for the impending battle...

Let Wireshark go in first. Assuming he agrees to this, wait for the sounds of combat to properly kick off and then make my own entrance, dashing in and quickly assessing how I can best make some sort of flanking manoeuvre to do maximum damage to the distracted foe, whoever they turn out to be.    
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 05:41:01 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 15, 2018, 06:32:54 am »

Alrighty, turn is under draft but I'm recovering from festivities so all I have is the draft. It'll be up within the next 24 or so, and this show will be back on the road!

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Mission 1: Trouble In Paradise [Turn 8]
« Reply #104 on: June 16, 2018, 08:46:55 am »

Turn 8 Begins

Repeat previous.
[5]Again! The OPR quickly scurries up the wall of the building onto the roof. Finding the first chimney of two, it leaps up to its edge and peeps over. There doesn't seem to be any fire at the bottom so it goes ahead and scurries down.  At the bottom, the OPR scans the outside of the fireplace to see a bedroom of sorts. A king-sized bed covered in satin sheets is positioned opposite of the fireplace. The room is dimly lit by a few red candles, but the OPR has no trouble seeing in the dim conditions. Next, it both exits the fireplace and draws its pistol. A few shots ring out in an attempt to draw any wandering servants to the room and save the robot's allies the trouble. Now to wait...
"If there's a fight happening, it's one of us. Might need our help."

Move towards the sounds of fighting, carefully sneaking the entire way. Keep an ear out for any enemy movement.
[2+1]Nix knows that the conflict is almost certainly because of his allies, and makes haste toward the sound in hopes of providing what assistance a blind hobbit can. If there were anyone to detect him, he'd probably be seen, but there's luckily no one posted on the way toward the Ritual Chamber's entrance. The first movement he detects when he enters the foyer is to his north through a jagged entrance (probably the source of the tearing noises from earlier).[5] The shapes remind him of Plugs and Antony, but the others he is unfamiliar with. Everyone sounds armed to boot, so he ought to be wary.
Direct physical violence was not really Antony's preference at the best of times. But the beast within, fueled by the beast without, reveled in the idea of the oncoming carnage. there would be pain, oh yes. And someone would die, oh yes. Why it could even be Antony who falls. The beasts snarl, but they do not hesitate, nor for a split second.

Leap right in, over the initiates. Take the sword in one claw, even if this means having the claw run through by the sword. Regardless of what happens with the sword, use my weight and size and strength to overpower 9tshouldering aside any initiates foolish enough to step between), and speed and reflexes to keep her from dodging. Primary goal: Bite something vital!
[1+1vs Auto 2]Antony growls furiously before leaping toward Thala and her circle of initiates. He stumbles a bit on launch though, so he doesn't quite make it. Thala makes a counter-attack with her blade but fails due to her target not even being in range. This failure makes the beast furiousHis rage is still directed at Thala.
Examine the study for any info that might prove useful.
[5]Osmond decides to slow down and take in his surroundings. Surely a wise witch like Thala keeps notes in her study. The mercenary and genetic experiment is rather satisfied when he looks into the open book left on one of the twin sidetables. They appear to be notes on her foray into the Art and recount the details of various experiments and rituals. The open page details her creation of a 'shell' for an extradimensional creature she has dubbed "the Eidolon". Apparently it is an adaptive magical shell inhabited by a dangerous astral creature known as a Geist. She controls it through a talisman kept on her person at all times, and were it to be stolen or destroyed she would find its service transferred or nullified respectively. In addition, Osmond discovers a Jade ring decorated with an icon resembling a human skull with a large crack in its forehead.
Quote from: Wireshark
Enter the room and unload a spray of AP rounds on the initiates and Thala.
"Well then," Plugs says, raising his eyebrows as he stands tense and ready by the mangled remains of yet another door, "Guess we'd better get in there, huh?"
He doesn't sound overly enthusiastic. In fact, he seems quite happy to let the more combat-ready Wireshark take the lead here. He kneels down to tighten a dangerously slack bootlace in preparation for the impending battle...

Let Wireshark go in first. Assuming he agrees to this, wait for the sounds of combat to properly kick off and then make my own entrance, dashing in and quickly assessing how I can best make some sort of flanking manoeuvre to do maximum damage to the distracted foe, whoever they turn out to be.    
[4+1vs4 and 1]Wireshark dashes in with both pistols held akimbo before relentlessly spraying Thala's human shields with gunfire. One is horribly wounded by a shot to the torso and the other's head is completely blown apart. Seeing an opportunity, Plugs dashes in and attempts to flank the wounded initiate. Surprisingly enough, his slicing strike is parried by a dagger hidden in their clothes. This didn't come without consequences, however, as the initiate's blade was melted by the laser-edged boxcutter's heat and he definitely won't be pulling a stunt like that again.

"I'm going to KILL YOU! DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT?!", Thala shouts as she makes a deft lunge towards Plugs' weapon arm. [6+1vs4]Plugs attempts to dodge, but Thala is preternaturally quick. His hand is skewered by the blade, and as it is withdrawn [1]he notices his vision blurring and his ears beginning to ring. Instead of blood flowing from his wound, a silver-colored and reflective liquid runs from the wound. [5]Is that... mercury?

The initiates [6]literally throw themselves onto Thala, forming a tightly-knit barrier just above her skin. She can't move, but the next attack or so attempted on her will likely fail.

Turn 8 Ends
Spoiler: Yoink, updated (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 10:37:10 am by Mallos »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 29