Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll: Do you mind if I shift how Talents work in favor of a superior system to the +X?

Please keep it the way it is
- 0 (0%)
Go ahead
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 06, 2018, 02:21:31 pm

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 29

Author Topic: Murder, Inc. - Mission 2: Foul Play [Turn 40] (Defunct)  (Read 43942 times)

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Mission 1: Trouble In Paradise [Turn 5]
« Reply #75 on: June 08, 2018, 12:40:56 am »

Approach Peregrin. Assist him in any way possible.

That's a nasty wound... if you want to bail out, now's the time. If you don't, I'm here to help however I can. Although others may not see it this way, we're a band, and we need to stick together. It's... actually, perhaps this isn't the best time for this. You're probably in a lot of pain. Make your decision. If you find yourself able and willing to continue, let's continue on and see if we can find the others.

And stay out of harm's way. Trying to fight if you're blind will only hinder us - I'm sure nobody wants to see you dead, and nobody wants to see you maim an ally. I'm sure there's plenty you can still do, of course.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 08, 2018, 01:28:34 am »

"Hahaha....true enough. I'll sit this one out for now. Not much use for a sneak who can't see where he's going.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 08, 2018, 01:41:51 am »

"Hahaha....true enough. I'll sit this one out for now. Not much use for a sneak who can't see where he's going.

((The really sour part of this situation is that Antony could probably put a temporary fix on Nix's eyes, were he not a frenzied wolf-monster right now.))
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 08, 2018, 07:03:01 am »

Action Edit: Does WolfTony hear, smell, or sense humanoids besides his companions? If so, go toward those. Otherwise, go toward the strange smell.

((The really sour part of this situation is that Antony could probably put a temporary fix on Nix's eyes, were he not a frenzied wolf-monster right now.))
((temporary? Get him a fresh pair of eyes, and he'll go one better.

Edit: I do think that having the AI guy loot when it wasn't explicit that he wanted to loot is going a little far. no complaints about auto-ing if we are in combat or something, but otherwise, he should be a tag-a-long, rather than driving the plot forward or collecting shinies. Otherwise, the GM becomes a player as well, and a uniquely situated one at that.))
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 07:10:03 am by Ozarck »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 08, 2018, 07:18:30 am »

((What happened to AnonymousPotato, anyway? Also, does Wireshark actually look anything like a shark/sharkperson, or just a generic humanoid cyborg? I haven't decided on an action yet, and details like that will probably influence it somehow. ...I'm not really worried about the looting thing, but I would hope the character's player actually comes back to us at some point.))   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2018, 08:02:37 am »

Edit: I do think that having the AI guy loot when it wasn't explicit that he wanted to loot is going a little far. no complaints about auto-ing if we are in combat or something, but otherwise, he should be a tag-a-long, rather than driving the plot forward or collecting shinies. Otherwise, the GM becomes a player as well, and a uniquely situated one at that.))
I'm not sure what to say to this. Knowing how loot-driven AP is (or has been over the years of being in my circle) I just kinda assumed his character would want the ring too. It's not like he was going to keep it, though, since he is a stand-in. I'd probably just have him hold onto it until the mission ends/someone's character asks for it.

I don't feel like editing the post right now, so just let it be known that the ring is still on the side table.
((What happened to AnonymousPotato, anyway? Also, does Wireshark actually look anything like a shark/sharkperson, or just a generic humanoid cyborg? I haven't decided on an action yet, and details like that will probably influence it somehow. ...I'm not really worried about the looting thing, but I would hope the character's player actually comes back to us at some point.))   
Purely a humanoid cyborg (as I understood it), with his name being a reference to a certain packet analyzer.
Now's the time I mention he's pretty into programming/networks. As for what happened to him, he's got some unexpected commitments and it'll be like that for the foreseeable future, so I'll be swapping him out with the next waitlister(TricMagic, as of this post). If he gets the time to come back, I'll put him on the waitlist. Maybe even as a higher priority waitlist? What's your opinion on that?

Anyhow, I'm very tired right now and it's probably showing in my disjointed typing. Gotta get some sleep so I can write the turn later and honor other various appointments and dedications. Ciao.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2018, 08:51:16 am »

Spoilered so it doesn't overload the thread. feel free to ignore.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 08, 2018, 04:50:12 pm »

Glancing around as Wireshark enters through the window, Plugs gestures them over.
"Oi, borg, c'mon." He sticks his head through whatever's left of the door for a moment before ducking back inside to consider his options for a moment.

Peek quickly and briefly through the doorway. If I didn't spot any immediate threats, step through and take a moment to inspect my surroundings more thoroughly, trying to get a sense of the place's layout - and, of course, if there's any chance it might be electronically powered after all.
Then quietly follow the doctor at (what I hope is) a safe distance, continuing to pause occasionally to look around.

Booze is Life for Yoink

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 09, 2018, 12:29:03 am »

"No orders received, Cascading back to standing orders... causing a ruckus. Oh joy."

Find an entrance to the building that's not currently swarming with allies, enter, fire pistol a few times to elicit a reaction from whatever security remains.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Mission 1: Trouble In Paradise [Turn 6]
« Reply #84 on: June 09, 2018, 01:14:22 am »

Turn 6 Begins

Try and take advantage of this state of near blindness and see how sharp my other senses are, and whether or not I can navigate using just them.
Approach Peregrin. Assist him in any way possible.

That's a nasty wound... if you want to bail out, now's the time. If you don't, I'm here to help however I can. Although others may not see it this way, we're a band, and we need to stick together. It's... actually, perhaps this isn't the best time for this. You're probably in a lot of pain. Make your decision. If you find yourself able and willing to continue, let's continue on and see if we can find the others.

And stay out of harm's way. Trying to fight if you're blind will only hinder us - I'm sure nobody wants to see you dead, and nobody wants to see you maim an ally. I'm sure there's plenty you can still do, of course.
[5]Nix stops for a moment, deciding to take it easy but also see how his other senses are. After a moment, he safely reaches the conclusion that his hear has been significantly enhanced by his visual impairment. Testing out his improved hearing, Nix gets the idea to make noise to 'see' the area around him. A few experimental clicks later and Nix has became a blind echolocator.

Seeing his friend and observing his pain, Osmond advances toward Nix with the goal of helping him in any way he can-unfortunately, he is no doctor. There's nothing Osmond can do for him except protect him from further harm. As the hobbit sits on the ground and begins to practice his clicks, the sellsword takes a knee. [4]Osmond notices that the pain in his left arm has vanished totally; his wound must be totally recovered by this point.
Action Edit: Does WolfTony hear, smell, or sense humanoids besides his companions? If so, go toward those. Otherwise, go toward the strange smell.
[6]Antony effortlessly resists the urge to get a taste of Plugs. [2]After banishing that impulse from his cloudy mind, Antony tries using his senses to locate any unfamiliar individuals near him. He does not locate anyone, but that doesn't mean they aren't there. The sweet scent is stronger and more intense now, though. Antony rages onward toward the source of the smell. The doctor passes a row of three portraits on the way. Had he been able to pay attention, Antony would have noticed one was of the unnaturally beautiful witch (and owner of the estate he had broken into) Thala. The second and third are of a woman whom Thala strongly resembles and a rather dapper, genteel looking man respectively. Antony soon winds up in a considerably open foyer. The balcony is large and is connected to the ground by two spiral staircases. The only light source in this entire chamber is a large and dimly lit brass chandelier suspended from the ceiling. Underneath the balcony and between the staircases is a single steel door, its threshold being where the scent wafts through. The source is definitely through this door.
Glancing around as Wireshark enters through the window, Plugs gestures them over.
"Oi, borg, c'mon." He sticks his head through whatever's left of the door for a moment before ducking back inside to consider his options for a moment.

Peek quickly and briefly through the doorway. If I didn't spot any immediate threats, step through and take a moment to inspect my surroundings more thoroughly, trying to get a sense of the place's layout - and, of course, if there's any chance it might be electronically powered after all.
Then quietly follow the doctor at (what I hope is) a safe distance, continuing to pause occasionally to look around.

Quote from: Wireshark
Orders received. Follow Plugs.
The borg and the gangster both cautiously step through the door, deciding to scan the area and then follow Antony at a safe distance. [5]Even after very careful observation, Plugs doesn't notice much anything out of the ordinary aside from the sweet scent that the doctor may have chased. At least, that's what it seems until he leans his full body weight against the wall across from the study and falls through a hidden door. Amused, Wireshark grins a bit and joins Plugs in the secret room. If the other area was a study, this appears to be some form of a storage room for an alchemist. Various tools and ingredients used in alchemy are stacked upon numerous shelves. Part of Plugs wonders how you can fit this much equipment in one room, especially when it seems like it's a bit too small to contain it all so comfortably. This is the probably the brightest lit room in the entire house, and for good reason too- there's a strangely radiant ball suspended over a magic circle painted on the floor. Its eerie green glow bathes the room in a light that seems to illuminate everything, even that which can not be seen.
"No orders received, Cascading back to standing orders... causing a ruckus. Oh joy."

Find an entrance to the building that's not currently swarming with allies, enter, fire pistol a few times to elicit a reaction from whatever security remains.
[1]The OPR reverts to it's primary orders- drawing attention away from its allies by being a general pest. Or, at least it attempts to. Something goes horribly wrong with its processors, and the ensuing loop of errors leaves them temporarily powerless. A few minutes later, the Octopode automatically reboots and regains its consciousness, still in the same spot it was before.

Turn 6 Ends

OOC: I'm experimenting a bit here with how I format turns. Apologies, I ought to find a way to set things up that is both practical and aesthetically pleasing to me soon.
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rethi-Eli (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 10:19:36 am by Mallos »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 09, 2018, 01:17:18 am »

"I can work with this...clik clik clik. Let's see if we can head further in, Osmond."

Sneak further into the compound, see what my echolocation reveals about my surroundings.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 09, 2018, 01:19:08 am »

"Well, that was pointless."

Repeat previous.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 09, 2018, 01:29:30 am »

claws out. attempt to tear the door from the frame.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 09, 2018, 02:15:28 pm »

You there, robot - I'm not sure what you're doing, but your help would be appreciated. Tag along, if you will.

Follow Peregrin.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 10, 2018, 12:15:01 pm »

Dusting himself off before staring distrustfully at the unnatural-looking floating sphere, Plugs eventually grunts and shakes his head.
"Well, this kinda shit's pretty much beyond my area of expertise. Any ideas, borg? Otherwise," he says, stepping closer to the shelves whilst keeping well away from the marks on the floor, "I say we either catch up with the doc or wait for the others - regroup, likes."

Observe the weird hovering ball from a safe distance. Have a bit of a glance over the kind of tools stacked on the shelves, preferably without touching anything (unless there's something that's just really interesting, I suppose), then, if wireshark doesn't have any better ideas, go back into the hallway and see if there's any sign of our teammates.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 29