Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll: Do you mind if I shift how Talents work in favor of a superior system to the +X?

Please keep it the way it is
- 0 (0%)
Go ahead
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 06, 2018, 02:21:31 pm

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 29

Author Topic: Murder, Inc. - Mission 2: Foul Play [Turn 40] (Defunct)  (Read 43976 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Mission 1: Trouble In Paradise [Turn 3]
« Reply #60 on: June 04, 2018, 07:39:31 am »

"Octobot, it has elements of werewolf, scorpion, and fire elemental. Use silver, antivenom, and water if you are capable of doing so. I think I better keep an eye on Plugs. Obey the orders of whichever teammate survives until we meet again. If none survive, make a ruckus out front, until I signal you otherwise.

As much as his werewolf instincts shout at him to join the battle, Antony will instead continue around to the back of the estate looking for entrances an infiltrator could use. He'll enter the first apparently unoccupied one he encounters, and bring Plugs in with him.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 04, 2018, 01:32:43 pm »

"This unit notes that lead serves much the same purpose as silver for the purposes of delivering kinetic energy, being the primary function of a firearm. I think it will suffice."
At this point the bot starts to talk much faster, due to the presence of combat.
"Seems doubtful that a creature would be harmed by antivenom, being the opposite of the function of antivenom. 'Scorpian' may be associated with 'venom', the opposite of which is 'antivenom', this does not indicate a potential weakness itself. If the creature were vulnerable to water, it would surely be doused by its own bodily fluids, not to mention the fluids of our ally. In addition, if this were true it surely would not have survived its apparant role as watchdog for long, as such an occupation implies being rained on."

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Mission 1: Trouble In Paradise [Turn 4]
« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2018, 12:27:08 am »

Turn 4 Begins.

Aaugh! Wretched beast!

Drop the shield. It's not like I could use a broken shield even without a mangled arm. Twist and wrench my blade about while shoving it deeper into the beast's innards. Pray that backpack robot will shoot it until it dies dead.
[4+1]Cursing the beast aloud, Osmond flips the blade from side to side while applying force. This digs the blade deeper into the Unspeakable's insides, destroying a large amount of internal tissue and goading even more blood from the gash. [4vs2]The beast attempts to retaliate, but Osmond delivers a swift kick to it's gut, compounding on the already mind-numbing pain it is experiencing and leaving it unable to make an attack. As soon as it has its breath back, the Unspeakable roars loudly. It seems to be summoning up a second-wind of some sort.
Plugs stares at the fracas before him for just a moment, eyebrows raised, then lurches into action - in a direction perpendicular to the battle.   
"Bugger that for a joke," he mutters over his shoulder to the doctor and the spidery death-frisbee, shaking his head as he increases his pace, "Do what you want, but I'm gonna get movin'. I reckon ya'd best do the same while that thing's bein' kept busy."

The monster is attacking the others somewhat closer to the estate, correct?
I will circle around in the opposite direction from them in search of a service entrance or a potential way over the walls, slowing down and doing my best to be silent as I near the compound - although I doubt I'll see many signs of life anyway.

((Yes, the monster is attacking the other group, and is therefore closer to the estate.))
Plugs makes his way further down the hillside route, looking for a service entrance. He finds nothing of the sort- it seems this house either runs off something else entirely different than electricity, has a generator of it's own inside or is stuck in the Dark Ages. Something tells him the last is probably the most likely- such is common with witches. However, Plugs does find the same considerably wide ground-level window that Sharkwire did a while ago. Unless he wants to go all the way back and look for an entrance that may not even exist, this is probably the best choice.
"THAT...was very...fuckme...painful. I REALLY didn't appreciate that."

Try and continue to use my words to distract the Unspeakable so my teammates can do something about it.
[5v5]Nix shouts in the Unspeakable's direction, attempting to fast-talk it into giving its attention to him. This is met with a surprising amount of success, as for a moment it turns to face him and cocks its head.  However, it soon turns its focus back to Osmond and squirms against his blade [4] with success, dislodging it entirely from the wound. Instead of intestines hanging from the wound, though, an inane amount of blood hits the ground all at once. The substance pools in the grass before morphing into many tiny, individual scorpions that scatter in all directions. The fire wreathing the beast's body intensifies at this, glowing hot enough that it's skin begins melting and sloughing off. [6]Although he did make eye contact momentarily, Nix manages to not only avoid any further injury to his eyes, but also seems to have repelled a bit of the force that wounded them the first time. The beast's own eyes [6]rupture completely, rendering it totally blind.

This beast's physical form isn't long for this world.

"Target is apparently vulnerable to physical damage. Forming a termination solution."

Determine what parts, if any, of the creature are immediately vital to its continued threat. Produce a firing solution, and fire. If vital points are covered by armor sufficient to make pistol fire ineffective, evaluate for any gaps in the armor that may be exploited by a blade. If any are found, close to melee range, climb the opponent, and stab at vulnerabilities with knife.
If no practical termination solution is found, retreat to a spot away from the fight, where I may observe the target over a longer period of time until a termination solution is found.

[5]The OPR engages its medical/biological scanners. Much information about the beast's inner workings are revealed. It would seem that although the creature has internal organs, they serve no purpose but to store blood and conduct some sort of glowing energy through it's body. It's head, torso, and abdomen are all vital points of conduction for this substance.  [3]After a secondary scan of this substance, the Octopode is unable to recognize it in any of its chemical repositories. It does, however, note that the chemical makeup of the mystery substance causes it to evaporate into a colorless, odorless gas upon contact with oxygen or significant decrease in pressure. [3+1vs6]The OPR subsequently whips out a pistol, quickly taking aim at and firing upon the horrible creature. Three shots are released in quick succession, but each is whipped away by one of the beast's impossibly strong stingers. Damn it. Maybe projectiles aren't the best choice, anyway.
"Octobot, it has elements of werewolf, scorpion, and fire elemental. Use silver, antivenom, and water if you are capable of doing so. I think I better keep an eye on Plugs. Obey the orders of whichever teammate survives until we meet again. If none survive, make a ruckus out front, until I signal you otherwise.

As much as his werewolf instincts shout at him to join the battle, Antony will instead continue around to the back of the estate looking for entrances an infiltrator could use. He'll enter the first apparently unoccupied one he encounters, and bring Plugs in with him.
((Speaking of werewolf instincts...))
[2]At the moment of the beast's great howl, Antony clutches at his head and falls to his knees. His heart is pounding in his chest, his joints ache terribly and it feels like he can see everything. Something in the beast's howl has awoken his own inner monster, and as the fur begins sprouting from his body the only thing he can hope is that he doesn't do anything to his teammates. Clutching and tearing at his tightening shirt, Antony stares into the night sky and howls at the moonless night. His muscles ripple with bestial strength, and the (formerly) good Doctor's teeth have lengthened drastically. Anthony has transformed into his Wolfman Form due to stress, and will be unable to perform any actions that don't directly involve violence or feeding (without succeeding an additional roll), and he may attack a teammate if he loses total control. [5]Antony resists his bloodthirst temporarily, running along the hills to the considerably large window and immediately hurling himself through it.
Wincing behind him at the sharp sound of breaking glass, Plugs carefully enters the broken window.

The first thing the two of them notice is the smell of smoke- like tobacco, but sweeter and more pleasant. This room is decorated with two magnificent armchairs, a fireplace with a mantle covered in strange little charms, and a roaring fireplace. The rug beneath their feet (claws, in Antony's case) is rather pleasing to the eye, and probably expensive. There are also about three large bookshelves here, decorated with strange grimoires titled in dead languages. Next to one of the armchairs lies an open book left on a side table, and on the other side table posed near the armchair's twin is a ring made of sickly green jade.

Quote from: Stand-In for Wireshark
Fire a burst of high-caliber rounds at the Unspeakable.
[6+1]Your hand cannons emit the deafening sounds of gunshots as they unleash a volley of leaden death upon the monster before you. The rounds tear off one of its legs, punch a large hole in its chest and completely destroy its head! As a last squirt of blood leaks from it's open neck, the beast falls over, dissolving into many small scorpions that flee in all directions.

Turn 4 Ends

NOTE: It has just occurred to me that some people may feel sour about the beast being finished off by a stand-in action. I will change this if the majority are offended by this.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 01:34:30 am by Mallos »
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2018, 12:32:17 am »

...WIP?

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2018, 12:44:51 am »

...WIP?

It was a mistake, so yes.

EDIT: It's done now.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 01:38:51 am by Mallos »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 07, 2018, 02:13:19 am »

Try to ascertain how badly damaged my eyes are, and how well I can actually see/function at this point.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2018, 02:24:54 am »

"Target is... deceased? Hmm. No longer a threat, for the moment. Order is fulfilled, cascading to next order...
Orders are to follow the instructions of any surviving team members. Awaiting instructions."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2018, 06:20:44 am »

Spoiler:  OOC (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2018, 07:30:36 am »

((I don't mind the beast being taken out in such a way, since it seems a natural action for that player anyway. It doesn't feel like a GM hand wave, really.))

Spoiler:  OOC (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

WolfTony will smash through the nearest door, looking for prey. Antony will attempt to guide himself away from Plugs, pretending he doesn't exist.

((I wondered if Antony would lose control before we found the sword we are looking for or not.))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2018, 09:28:32 am »

Thrips climbs gingerly through the broken window, looking somewhat bemused by the doctor's course of action.
"Hey, you feeling okay... there... doc?"   
He trails off, raising his eyebrows as he gets a clearer look at his teammate's new form. "...What the shit." He makes the tactical decision to stay where he is for now, just inside the window, tensed and quite prepared to spring right back through it if that becomes necessary.   

Remain by the window, ready to climb/leap back through it if Antony should show signs of aggression towards me. Keep a close eye on him.
If he heads out of the room as intended, lean out of the window and wave the others over if I can see them. Then go and wait attentively by the doorway the werewolf went through, readying my knife and listening carefully.
Keep an eye out for any signs of electricity in this antiquated shithole.   

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 07, 2018, 10:29:21 am »

Quick! Kill the damnable scorpions!

Try and crush as many of the fleeing arachnids as I can without putting myself in danger.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2018, 03:32:14 pm »

"Exterminating."

Destroy loose scorpions with knife. Once they've dispersed, hunt them down individually.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Mission 1: Trouble In Paradise [Turn 5]
« Reply #72 on: June 07, 2018, 10:36:58 pm »

Turn 5 Begins

Try to ascertain how badly damaged my eyes are, and how well I can actually see/function at this point.
[1]Reaching up to feel his eyes, Nix actually jabs himself violently in both of his eyes. Normally, this wouldn't do much harm, but since his eyes were already damaged structurally he has coaxed more out of his eyes. Mother of FUCK! That really hurt.
WolfTony will smash through the nearest door, looking for prey. Antony will attempt to guide himself away from Plugs, pretending he doesn't exist.
[6]Antony successfully resists his urges to feast upon Plugs, and instead directs his rage at the nearest doorway. He spots an oaken door and hits it with the full weight of his body (which is currently pretty heavy, considering the multiplied muscle mass) and absolutely demolishes it. The wolf-doctor winds up in a very large hallway, brightened only by the faint glow of a row of wall mounted candle holders. It's pretty dark otherwise, even for his lupine eyes. The doctor smells something strange and sweet coming from further down the hall.
Thrips climbs gingerly through the broken window, looking somewhat bemused by the doctor's course of action.
"Hey, you feeling okay... there... doc?"   
He trails off, raising his eyebrows as he gets a clearer look at his teammate's new form. "...What the shit." He makes the tactical decision to stay where he is for now, just inside the window, tensed and quite prepared to spring right back through it if that becomes necessary.   
Remain by the window, ready to climb/leap back through it if Antony should show signs of aggression towards me. Keep a close eye on him.
If he heads out of the room as intended, lean out of the window and wave the others over if I can see them. Then go and wait attentively by the doorway the werewolf went through, readying my knife and listening carefully.
Keep an eye out for any signs of electricity in this antiquated shithole.

After Antony finished sniffing the air in the room, he smashed down the door and exited the study. Confused and relieved, Plugs decides to carefully exit the window and try to get the attention of his other allies. The city-dweller jogs a short distance into an angle where the OPR and Osmond (but not Nix, as he's currently experiencing troubles with his eyes) can see him. He waves in a semi-panicked manner, and it is clear to them that he requires assistance with something. Jumping back through the window, Plugs makes his way to the door with his laser-edged boxcutter drawn and waits.
Quick! Kill the damnable scorpions!

Try and crush as many of the fleeing arachnids as I can without putting myself in danger.
[4]Osmond stomps like crazy as the scorpions attempt to flee, crushing a large amount of them with every hit. He must have crushed about a fifth of them- and considering the sheer number of critters the swarm is composed of, that's a lot. [4]On another note, Osmond feels that his left arm has partly healed, and he should be able to lift some objects without hurting himself. In other words, the fracture is a lot less severe and the bleeding has all but stopped.
"Exterminating."

Destroy loose scorpions with knife. Once they've dispersed, hunt them down individually.
[2+1]The OPR attempts to go scorpion hunting with its combat knife. It all but fails to eliminate any scorpions, managing to harm only a few and kill even less. [5+1]Once they disperse, though, it manages to shoot and kill about 12 with its pistol before needing to reload. After quickly doing so, the Octopode and Osmond notice that the remainder seem to have vanished.
Quote from: Wireshark (Stand-In)
Follow after Plugs; seeing as there are no threats left here, my logic drives demand action.
Wireshark enters the now open study window, not bothered by the glass around the edges- his skin is made of a lightweight steel alloy, after all. Both his arms hang down by his sides limply, his mechanical joints in a mostly relaxed state. The AI does a quick once-over on his surroundings before setting one of his Desert Eagles down to lift the precious jade ring to his face. [2]He attempts to analyze the ring, but finds nothing resembling it in his reference database. Nevertheless, Wireshark puts the ring inside his uniform pocket.

Turn 5 Ends

Spoiler: NRDL, Updated (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rethi-Eli, Updated (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2018, 10:43:11 pm »

"Targets are exterminated. Awaiting farther orders."

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 07, 2018, 11:59:01 pm »

Try and take advantage of this state of near blindness and see how sharp my other senses are, and whether or not I can navigate using just them.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 29