Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Last Argument of Kings OOC-Thread  (Read 6154 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Last Argument of Kings OOC-Thread
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2018, 08:46:25 am »

The descriptor 'trade hub' is highly subjective. They happen to be trade hubs for the surrounding region.

They also happen to be out in the sticks as far as the global trade network is concerned.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2018, 09:18:57 am »

Well, there just being more mountain tribes to the west and ocean to the east kind of kills the whole idea, doesn't it :P

I'll come up with something.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2018, 03:04:29 pm »

Name : Corvus ( it is name taken all joining the order though )
Description : average height male constantly wearing
 corvidae knight order  uniform -  chainmail with black tabard. Head is fully covered by salad helmet as black as knight, under visor there is red glass piece stylised to look as blood tear.
Biography : As quite usual for members of order, quite few is known to public about current grandmaster of  Corvidae.
Corvidae knights  are order with two centuries of history, each new member is sworn to abandon own past and give himself fully to the sake of protecting kingdom and crown.
Corvidae are famed for prefering unconventional and even by some opinions dishonorable for scions of any noble house tactics, as instead of glorious cavalry charges, challenging hostile force champion for a duel, knights of order more often use night ambushes and eliminating key figures of opposition be it northern raider tribe leader or duke willing to start uprising by sudden hail of crossbow bolts, dagger in the back or good old house fire.

This fits for crown champion ?

« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 04:22:41 pm by sprinkled chariot »

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2018, 09:37:19 pm »

I accept your service! I think your knightly order can fit in well, demonstrating that it requires both strength and cunning to thrive in this hard land. I’d check with Ghaz first, but I like it!
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2018, 11:28:03 am »

So, it has come up in the IC thread: religion. What's the deal with religion (in Argas)? Has anything been established, or is it a blank slate?
Long Live United Forenia!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2018, 11:32:18 am »

Blank as far as I know. I don't care much for it, so I guess its up for grabs?

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2018, 12:31:11 pm »

I figure that there is something, all I mentioned so far was that there was a High Priest, and had an artifact called the Godslayer, which may or may not have anything to do with the priests not being the biggest fans of the King.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2018, 01:10:29 pm »

Alright, well, let's hash this out, then.

-Pantheon or Monotheistic?
-Ideas for god(s)- names, natures, etc.
-Old religion or new(ish)- do we still follow the faith of the old kingdom (of which we are but a remnant), or have we moved on to new gods (perhaps opening the door to people trying to revive the old faith).
-How powerful is religion in society? We've established that the High Priest crowns kings, but that could just be a ceremonial role. Alternatively, the Temple might be more powerful than the nobility.
-Religious quirks- not essential, but every religion can use a few unusual rules to spice things up. You know, "thou shalt not eat fish on saturdays", or whatever.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2018, 01:15:04 pm »

Hmm what if we do like a reverse old/new religion, where the old religion was monotheistic and the new one polytheistic?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2018, 01:18:50 pm »

Unusual- generally, once you go monotheist, you don't go... backtheist. But it could work, if the collapse of the old kingdom was such that people lost faith in the established religion.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 31, 2018, 01:21:30 pm »

You can have saints raised to godhood ovver generations.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 31, 2018, 01:27:52 pm »

Unusual- generally, once you go monotheist, you don't go... backtheist. But it could work, if the collapse of the old kingdom was such that people lost faith in the established religion.

Agreed that’s not how it’s supposed to go, but it could be an interesting twist if people want to go that route. It could be that saints got raised up, or that the old God(or Titan)  died, and new, less powerful gods rose in his (or her) place.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 31, 2018, 01:42:34 pm »

Hmm...

How about the Old Kingdom was ruled by a god-king, a literal avatar of a monotheistic god. For centuries, the avatarship passed down from one king to the next, until one day, some upstart shows up with a magic sword, chops the god-king's head off, and -to widespread shock and horror- permanently kills him. Cue said sword being renamed Godslayer, and the upstart becoming king... of a kingdom already in decline. He probably manages to cause a brief revival, but the tide cannot be turned- his descendants continue to rule over the kingdom even as it shrinks.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 31, 2018, 01:55:59 pm »

Hmm...

How about the Old Kingdom was ruled by a god-king, a literal avatar of a monotheistic god. For centuries, the avatarship passed down from one king to the next, until one day, some upstart shows up with a magic sword, chops the god-king's head off, and -to widespread shock and horror- permanently kills him. Cue said sword being renamed Godslayer, and the upstart becoming king... of a kingdom already in decline. He probably manages to cause a brief revival, but the tide cannot be turned- his descendants continue to rule over the kingdom even as it shrinks.

Oooo that’s awesome! I think since our kingdom is kind of a backwater, what if the original kingdom split between the original god slayers descendants, and the true Godslayer sword was lost to history, but each of Kingdoms claimed they were the true heirs and had their own “Godslayer”?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 31, 2018, 02:11:12 pm »

Yeah, that'd work. I mean, we should check with Ghaz that this all fits in with his general plan for the world, but I like that idea.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9