-

-
- 0 (0%)
-
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: June 10, 2018, 10:42:38 am

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 44

Author Topic: A First Host's Game: FE RtD.  (Read 37353 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A First Host's Game: FE RtD.
« Reply #255 on: June 07, 2018, 03:58:35 pm »

Note, have to leave for about an hour, I'll have the next when I get back.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 07, 2018, 05:19:25 pm »

You follow to near the center of the, array, it seems. Other than the lines, there appears to be a diamond pool of ?water in the middle of it, though it's shallow.

From this distance, you can easily make out a bit more detail. The Dragon-Wings you saw before have quite a bit more detail to them.

The top left wing appears jagged, while the top right wing looks like the edges of your own.

The bottom two are the strangest though. The right has those same lines running through an impossibly smooth surface.

While the Left is made up of nothing but those very same lines.

"As you can see from here.."

Terissa turns to see Selene-

"Only one of these wings matches your own."

"I will admit, this Mural does look quite a bit different. But that's probably ink and artist restrictions."

..."I suppose I'll tell you the short version. I'm on a time limit here."

"The End of the World."

"The wings each represent a different force. The one that looks like yours, belonged to an enemy of that time."

"While the opposite represents the struggling forces that fought against her."

"By all accounts, it was a bloodbath."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 07, 2018, 05:42:34 pm »

"S-so one of my ancestors was a villan? Annnnnddd then... so... so... so that's why..."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 07, 2018, 05:57:16 pm »

"..."

"Sorry about that. Nice to know my estimation of you was correct."

"When I say that each represents a Different force, I meant that quite literally. Whether or not she was one of you doesn't really matter."

"Rather, her ship was made from a Dragon."

"The bottom two wings are a bit different. The left is said to represent a demon wing, while the right represents the other side of it, Angelic Magic."

"The history of that time is too muddled to tell anything. And most of the old tales are what humans wrote down."

"Most historians agree that the world fell to the sea during that time though."

"All in all, I don't really believe that what has been passed down is what really happened."

"People are deceptive, that's all there is to it."

..."That is also why I don't think you are evil simply because you look different."

"But most people aren't that open-minded"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 07, 2018, 06:07:19 pm »

"I-I've noticed. But... isn't that stupid? To think I'd team up with someone who killed one of my family and desecrated their corpse to make a stupid boat?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 07, 2018, 06:14:18 pm »

"I suppose it would be. The legends make it sound like another world entirely though."

Selene heads off to the left*

"You can stick around if you want, but I need to get looking."

"Only a matter of time until it's too late to."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 07, 2018, 06:23:38 pm »

"Too late for what?"
Follow

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 07, 2018, 06:38:54 pm »

"Well, I guess you wouldn't know, but the Church developed 2 powerful magics. The Light Seal and the Dark Seal."

"They are passed to those the Church deems worthy, and when the two are used together.."

"The Darklands are surrounded by turbulent currents and fierce winds. It's next to impossible to get in or out. Those seals allow the Church to send criminals there."

"All without getting their hands dirty.. Tch."

Now past the Light Tile*

"As for that magic you saw, I'm guessing it's the Legendary Magic, Obscura."

"The other two Magics possessed by the Church are Prominence and Neverwinter."

"The fact that she used that function means that we'll end up in these Darklands shortly."

"And I for one want to at least get what I came for."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 07, 2018, 07:03:24 pm »

"Okay. Since we're stuck together for a bit anyway, could you tell me what you're after, and what else there might be to look for? we can search faster if we cooperate."

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 07, 2018, 07:27:40 pm »

I doubt it...still.

"The treasure room is supposed to be nestled between the stairs. If the notes are-"

Perception roll: 5 vs 2.

"Look o-

Battle: Selene strikes forward-

True Hit-

Selene darts forward, and draws forth light-

What you can see of what you sensed looks like nothing more but shadow given twisted form-

Which melts under but a single pass from Selene.

ut... uh."

Selene gains 16 exp.

"Looks like something has started to wake." Selene says as she sheaths the light that looks like nothing; the light it emits blueish white, a wisp...

GM Note:[The battle is about to begin. Tomorrow anyway. If you have a last question to ask IC, now's the time.]

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 07, 2018, 07:33:28 pm »

((I would have preferred to get to state Terissa's reaction to the attack, because I actually had something planned for it. Specifcially I was planning for Terissa to put herself between Selene and the threat with the command to "Get back!", rather than the warning of "Look out!"))
((And I'm surprised you're using teal for Terissa instead of cyan. gives a pretty big difference in the text colors.))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 07, 2018, 07:38:23 pm »

Ah, so that's the color?

Cyan isn't in the normal list for me.

As for Selene, she has a sight of 6.
She was already moving as you gave the warning.

Also the reason you couldn't quite see the detail before, but she could. That and she already knows what it's supposed to look like.

Night for me, good night to you.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 07:42:53 pm by TricMagic »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 07, 2018, 07:47:31 pm »

If you need help with colors, I have this list I found quite some time ago in the forums.
Just use [color=(color name)][/color]
Spoiler: colors (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 07, 2018, 07:51:58 pm »

If you want to see the details of how someone's formatting something, you should quote them. the quoted text will show all the formatting tags they're using.
I've used a large number of not-in-the-normal-list colors for various characters. most prominent amoung them is mediumorchid (which also isn't in RGU's list by the way).
However, I still recommend quoting to get someone's formatting right, for example:
"You want a bold, daring idea for how to convince the ruler of a land to listen to a foreign traveler without contacts or credentials before the day is out?"
"There are old predators.
and there are bold predators.
but there are no old, bold, predators."

"Don't be silly! You need to think long-term. If you have nobody to vouch for you, then even if you manage to spea, your word will have little weight. Step one is make friends in high places!"
"Or enemies that don't understand you. those can be used too. Make them attack what they think you support, and enjoy watching them do your bidding unknowingly. It's always good fun."
You might not even realize that there are two formatting tags in use for each line of this character of mine's speech, not just one.

and please be aware that even if the choice of action is seemingly null. you can never be sure. what if I wanted to murder Selene the moment she gave me the information I wanted and turned her back? This would have been the perfect opportunity. what if I wanted to run away? Hell, remember how in the prelude you were certain that Terissa had zero chance of acomplishing the 200xp objective, yet if the mission had ended in a normal way, that objective actually would have been massively overachieved?

you really shouldn't assume you know someone's intentions, and it's especially problematic when you remove a player's agency over their character. If you want to know my intentions, or planned strategem, ask me. please don't just assume.

The key difference (ingame, the out-of-game one of lack of player agency over their own character is actually a bigger deal.) between what you made my character do, and what Terissa actually would have done, is the message it conveys to Selene, and the information it gives her.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 07:56:36 pm by Lenglon »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 08, 2018, 09:09:58 am »

K, Do you want me to edit it in Terissa's action?

I mean, if you want to fight her, you can,
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 44