Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 119

Author Topic: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!  (Read 138684 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!
« Reply #1725 on: August 18, 2018, 07:21:39 am »

GM, please reconsider. I had a free logistic slot for Sanitation research, just thought I can pile things together to ease counting things up (plus, I do not think you ever mentioned this)

There were 11 research from 4 meditated for Math & 8.25 research from 3 meditated for Sanitation, so they did not rely on completion of another.

Also understood about combining tool creation. Though it was a decent try, won't try again.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: August 18, 2018, 07:34:54 am »

I seem to remember Cait Sith trying something similar early in the game.  But anyway, sorry that didn't work out, but now you know that you can't bunch separate actions together like that.  Some things in this game aren't really explained completely but have to be learned and discovered, including rules for writing out actions!

That spreadsheet you made is real interesting.  That must have taken some work.  Food gathering averages appear about right to me.  I remember someone getting bad rolls several turns in a row, but mostly I haven't been paying attention to the averageness of the rolls.  The monks and the Drecthul have no techs that enhance food production and no fertile tiles which is why they've been around 2.5 average per worker.  It should be around 3 per worker with a farm and crude tools, but they have not been farming every turn.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine
« Reply #1727 on: August 18, 2018, 07:39:28 am »

Alright, lesson learned  :D

I think until this turn, farm production averaged~2.5 even with tools. Might be bad rolls, but it would make me second guess farming altogether if not for discipline artifact.

I'll continue updating this spreadsheet when I have time, so tech comparision and food boasting may occur freely.

EDIT: It seems that this turn you missed Sense of Discipline making worker disciplined (and FP to Disci if still interested)

EDIT2: Dipnoi results - Priests of Nagas give FP to Blarg::)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 07:55:30 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: August 18, 2018, 07:50:40 am »

"Vile Necromancer, how dare you pervert the Magic of the Gods!"

..."Right, let's prepare everyone. We strike soon."

from the Apprentice...

Cait Sith

1 Philosopher Argues, with Perfect Discipline!
1 worker researches how to craft Bō.
6 disciplined workers research Shrines.
1 worker continues construction of the Orchard at K-2.[Mathematics +1 Labor]
1 worker begins the task of Building the Magus Academy at K-1.[Mathematics +1 Labor]
1 Apprentice using a crude tool and the Seeker's Compass gathers regents at K-2.{Looking for the Mythical Magical Regents. And Regents in General. Also the Lake.}
1 disciplined Scout scouts J-1 for enemy routes and hidden locations in preparation of the assault.
1 worker with the Hoe of Discipline and 2 workers with crude tools farm at K-2.

Writing, Logistics, & Mathematics boosts my Logistics from 5 to 8! First time it's really come in handy.
Damn but that is a lot of actions.

Sanitation, 2 of ? (incomplete)

Sanitation, 5 of ? (incomplete)

4 researched, and one had a breakthrough... GM Error? Should Be 7 of 8.

Still waits for the correction.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 07:55:26 am by TricMagic »

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: August 18, 2018, 08:36:26 am »

Delta dwelers
Something is hudung here, no metter how hard we try, we alwaysmiss something, we need to do it
6 workers explore E8
2 workers with 2 fishing nets and 2 boats fish at E7
2 workers with 2 fishing nets and 2 boats fish at F7
4 workers research sails.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: August 18, 2018, 09:47:16 am »

Kel creates the Smithing Tools of Magic and places them on I6! Any blade forged with them will be much sharper, and any amour or shield will be much more hardy.

This good?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 09:49:09 am by Iridium64 »
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: August 18, 2018, 09:52:16 am »

"So when did you guys start walking on two legs? Also I'm Blarg you know god of swamps, creator of zebras, and look I even have the Nine Iron and a self propelled wagon...  So what year is it and how long was I in a coma, last thing I remember was everything exploding and then I woke up a little bit ago."
Blarg shows the zebra the Nine Iron, and the big wagon.

You never did pay too much attention to us, but your gifts are something we praise. Or will anyway.
All you have to do is ask me for something.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: August 18, 2018, 11:38:52 am »

Well, we'd probably want a book on creating Gohei, wands for purification and light/holy Magic. Or a Book on Purification Magic, a new Arcanum to go with the shrines.

The first would be 5 FP, and the second, 15FP.

... The Arcanum would be better, since it could definitely include all sorts of gear that can be created to help. Shide are an important part of Shrines. Doesn't really matter until the Academy and the first Shrine are built.

Well, hopefully we can finish research this turn or the next.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: August 18, 2018, 12:21:24 pm »

Jotun Oligarchy

Finding that the dowsing rod does not appear to work for them, the Jotun Oligarchy decides that it would be better in the hands of the Avatar.

Spoiler: Doublecheck (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Action Post (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Passive Tech Effects (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: August 18, 2018, 12:40:07 pm »

Mabel
continue exploring F11
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: August 18, 2018, 01:04:31 pm »

Jotun Oligarchy

Finding that the dowsing rod does not appear to work for them, the Jotun Oligarchy decides that it would be better in the hands of the Avatar.

It would likely work best in the hands of a Scout or Hunter. Going into the same tile with it yields little.

...My Seeker's Compass is better, since it's mutable. Good for my Scout as well, since finding locations will prove easier.

I really hope I can get one of my Arcanum back. Need more Magic Housing.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: August 18, 2018, 02:36:43 pm »

The People
Action 1:
3 scouts explore at H5 with 3 crude spears
Action 2:
3 workers farm at H4 with 3 crude tools
Action 3:
3 workers harvest at H4 with 3 crude tools
Action 4:
3 workers forage for stone at H5
Action 5:
4 workers research Crop Rotation
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: August 18, 2018, 03:58:09 pm »

Felius creates an iguana (1 FP) on B9.
here's the other iguana, not my action, just noticed that it got missed

"No sacrifices please, that's not really my kind of thing. I could use a servant though, he'll do nicely, free him so that he can do his job." Keerim turns to address his new servant "Go to the library and get me some history books, try to get at least a summary of all recorded history, I'll look into the details later." talking to the representative again "I have another group of followers far away, and I would prefer if you were more unified. I will be making a gate that connects you to them and I want you to cooperate as equals."

Keerim
starts a divine project for a pair of travel gates that will connect G9 and B6 and adds 7 FP to the project. These gates will allow travel between the two tiles.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 07:33:06 pm by DAPARROT »
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: August 18, 2018, 04:14:00 pm »

Disci creates the Gem of Constitution at J9. The Gem of constitution is a hexagonal green shimmering gem. It seems that holders of the gem seem to increase their overall constitution. They can run longer, hold their breath for a longer time, and can carry stuff for a longer time. The effect of the gem does not wear off after putting the gem someplace else. When put together with the sense of discipline it grants its user high reflexes permanently.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: August 19, 2018, 02:50:49 am »

3 workers with 3 crude tools and Sense of Discipline farm on J8
3 d.workers with 3 crude tools forage food on J8
1 d.worker learns style under Sifu San Gan Feng
2 d.cat BMA, 1 d.cobra MMA & 4 workers meditate
2 workers with 2 crude tools build 1 wooden house
1 worker with 1 crude tool starts building Martial Arts School on J9 (+1 labor from Mathematics)
1 worker with 1 crude tool starts building Orchard on J8 (+1 labor from Mathematics)

Spoiler: Future Plans (click to show/hide)

Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 119