Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 119

Author Topic: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!  (Read 138876 times)

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!
« Reply #1380 on: July 18, 2018, 05:02:24 pm »

So, leave the undead collosi and their hordes?
They weren't created by any god, they emerged from the titangate which was itself created by a god.

To be totally frank, though, I'd like all the undead to stick around so that I can take them over, but, if nothing else, I'd prefer to protect the twenty FP investment I just made.

you will forgive me if I'm not willing to endanger the effectiveness of my 100fp action trying to save the world so that your 20fp project can benefit you more.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: July 18, 2018, 05:06:37 pm »

you will forgive me
You don't know me very well, huh?  :-\

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: July 18, 2018, 05:08:28 pm »

I DO! Petty, petty..

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: July 18, 2018, 05:39:15 pm »

Can I join as a god and get a summary of what's happened so far?

And woah, people are throwing around 50 FP projects. What's the map like now?

EDIT: Oh, I just checked the map. It's, ah, pretty full. Who's the construction god with 100+ FP?

Here's my sheet, if I get in:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 05:46:25 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: July 18, 2018, 05:49:54 pm »

Well, you might end up getting a bunch of FP. Era might be ending this turn though.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: July 18, 2018, 05:53:34 pm »

EDIT: Oh, I just checked the map. It's, ah, pretty full. Who's the construction god with 100+ FP?
Amastay, played by helmacon, the angry Typhlosion.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: July 18, 2018, 07:08:14 pm »

Well, you might end up getting a bunch of FP. Era might be ending this turn though.
What happens at the end of an era?

Can I perform an action on my "spawn" turn?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: July 18, 2018, 09:03:59 pm »

Turn 45 - End of the Stone Age - End of the Era of Entropy

From the heavens, Amastay surveyed the Gridhood.  A third undead horror, its origin unknown, had appeared, and its unearthly scream was bringing mad havoc.  The second had defiled his mountain and temple, and his favorite mortals seemed resigned to the coming horror.  The first, though wounded, was still spewing out locusts on the land.  Things were going horribly wrong, and Amastay did not understand why, or what its source was.

An idea occurred to him.  He had a great reserve of power built up over the age.  He wondered what would happen to the monstrosities if he would unleash it all at once in a great cleansing wave of purification.  The result would be unpredictable, and might destroy the mortals, but it was the only chance to save the Gridhood.

Amastay poured all his power and his rage into a burst of purification in the center of the Gridhood.  It spread from the center in an ever-widening perfect circle, for it was Amastay's nature to construct perfect things.  The wave first reached the Delta Dwellers, who lost half their number, though not all.  Then it reached The People and the Jotun Oligarchy, and they too were purified but lost some of their numbers.  Then Amastay watched with satisfaction as the first two horrors attempted to flee from the expanding wave but were engulfed and eradicated.  The remaining civilizations were eventually engulfed, and finally the last undead horror in the corner of the world was destroyed.  The world had been purified, and was now, in Amastay's eyes, much closer to perfect.

But the wave kept expanding upwards, towards the heavens.  Amastay was not expecting this.  He noticed that the wave seemed to be expanding at an ever faster rate; or perhaps time was slowing for him.  Then the wave impacted the heavens, the abode of the gods.  Amastay and the other gods found it became increasingly difficult to move.

"What have you done?" cried Nagas.

"I know not," said Amastay.

"Is this death?" asked Keerim, with more curiosity than fear.

"Perhaps it is sleep," said Tellus.

"How will the mortals survive without us?" wondered Mabel.

"Who will watch over the Zebras?" said Blarg angrily.

"This isn't fair!  I just got here!" exclaimed Salot.

Amastay tried to respond, but found he could no longer speak.  He fell into a deep slumber, as did the other gods.

On the surface of the Gridhood, the survivors emerged from the ruins, dazed, and wondered at what had just happened.  They didn't have much time to wonder, though, for there was work to be done, picking up the pieces.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: July 18, 2018, 09:10:01 pm »

I AM AMASTAY! I AM THE BUILDER AND THE DESTROYER! THE SAVIOR AND THE BRINGER OF DOOM! THE BEGINNING AND THE END! I AM AMASTAY, THE KING OF THE GODS AND THE ONE WHO VANQUISHED THEM! REMEMBER ME MORTALS, FOR ONE DAY I SHALL RETURN, AND ON THAT DAY I WILL JUDGE EACH ACCORDINGLY TO HOW THEY HAVE BUILT UPON THIS WORLD I SAVED!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: July 18, 2018, 09:19:01 pm »

So... What do I do now?
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: July 18, 2018, 09:22:21 pm »

I do believe we wait for Zazmio to post Turn 1 of Age 2. Tis all we can do.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: July 18, 2018, 09:22:37 pm »

So what happens now?

First, we determine if we want to continue.  Maybe people were getting bored; I don't know.  Sometimes I found it to be a chore, but mostly I enjoyed doing it, and am willing to continue.

If we continue, I am going to take some time to work on new rules.  The setting is going to be around 1000 years from the end of the stone age.  It will be the beginning of the bronze age.  All civs will have many techs such as agriculture and early bronzeworking in common.  The gods will be slumbering and will have to be awoken somehow.  I think I am going to introduce heroes who explore the tiles looking for artifacts and other treasure.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: July 18, 2018, 09:25:29 pm »

<- wants to continue

regarding awakening the gods, what would you have the god players do while waiting to be awoken?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: July 18, 2018, 09:34:16 pm »

<- wants to continue

regarding awakening the gods, what would you have the god players do while waiting to be awoken?

Scheme

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: July 18, 2018, 09:35:15 pm »

<- wants to continue

I'm not sure how I'll handle that yet.  Maybe they will spend at most a few turns slumbering.  I'm open to suggestions.

Maybe it can be something like, the first prayer a god receives wakes up the god.  Maybe the civ that wakes up a god gets some kind of boon.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 119