Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 119

Author Topic: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!  (Read 138911 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!
« Reply #1320 on: July 16, 2018, 10:17:59 pm »

ah. Thank you. You should be able to clear it up this turn then.

That's the ideal, but I think the GM has other plans. Then again, sanitation is at 100 so maybe it won't spread this time.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: July 16, 2018, 11:00:18 pm »

Dipnoi Remnants

O gods... Tragedy, this is such a tragedy... Our people, our homes, our ziggurath... all gone and turned back to dust.

Nagas child turned on us at the worst moment, and there was nothing we could do but flee. The survivors are broken and desperate, but we must not falter. I, the last Priest, must lead the Dipnoi to safety...

To the Southern Swamps of I7.

------

Aw, such a tragic end for the Republic :(
In the end, Nagas was more of a thorn in the foot it seems, as the Anacondas never really granted a hunting bonus, instead draining food and slowing development.

I initially wanted to have Giant Anacondas as mounts/hunting partners, but had to reconsider it after seeing the tame ones just granted a combat bonus. Increasing their population was definitely not possible seeing how they consumed so much food.

Though the Dipnoi don't know that of course :p
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 11:04:55 pm by Nakéen »

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: July 16, 2018, 11:02:56 pm »

Hidden Monastery

"Discipline always helps."
- Neheb, headmaster of Hidden Monastery, master of cobra arts

"And now we have pox. Great, just... Great."
- cynical journeyman of seagull arts

Pox-affected workers not mentioned to be injured, so they were used for food gathering.
Is it possible to advance Neheb to grandmaster, or some research should be completed first?

Neheb with Staff of Discipline kicks sense & discipline into 1 undead worker (or stops it permanently if it proves unreasonable)
1 BMA & 2 cobra d.BMA forage food on K8
1 cobra d.BMA with Fey-Hair Ribbon, 1 worker & 1 cobra d.BMA forage food on K10
1 seagull d.MMA, 1 seagull d.JMA & 1 woodpecker MA forage food on J8
1 cobra d.BMA (without pox) crafts quaterstaff
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: July 16, 2018, 11:19:26 pm »

Dipnoi Remnants

O gods... Tragedy, this is such a tragedy... Our people, our homes, our ziggurath... all gone and turned back to dust.

Nagas child turned on us at the worst moment, and there was nothing we could do but flee. The survivors are broken and desperate, but we must not falter. I, the last Priest, must lead the Dipnoi to safety...

To the Southern Swamps of I7.

------

Aw, such a tragic end for the Republic :(
In the end, Nagas was more of a thorn in the foot it seems, as the Anacondas never really granted a hunting bonus, instead draining food and slowing development.

I initially wanted to have Giant Anacondas as mounts/hunting partners, but had to reconsider it after seeing the tame ones just granted a combat bonus. Increasing their population was definitely not possible seeing how they consumed so much food.

Though the Dipnoi don't know that of course :p

It ain't over yet.  You still have all your tech research and will be fine if you can survive until the end of the age.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: July 16, 2018, 11:22:17 pm »

The last days of this world may be coming, but we will be prepared for it
Delta dwellers
Master fisherman and a worker with a crude spear and the fish whistle fish at E8
2 disciplined workers reaserch Djinn Restlessness
Master spear-warior and 3 workers with the pox with 4 crude tools create crude spears
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: July 16, 2018, 11:26:01 pm »

Why did stymphalos do nothing about Wraiths? Are they completely incorporeal and immune to physical damage?

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: July 16, 2018, 11:26:10 pm »

Of course this is far from the end! But still, pretty tragic for the Dipnoi people. 75% casualty rate if we don't count the Undead Workers as casualties. :p

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: July 16, 2018, 11:28:18 pm »

The People
Action 1:
3 workers with 3 crude spears and 3 boats fish at G5
Action 2:
The grandmaster farmer with a crude tool
2 workers with 2 crude tools
Harvest at H4
Action 3:
2 workers with 2 crude tools forage for food at H4
Action 4:
Ymar with !*Rehield*! and the Armor of Purity
The trapper with a crude spear
The half-secretary bird with a crude spear
Hunt at H4
Action 5:
3 workers with the curious plague forage for reagents at G3 with 3 crude tools
Action 6:
2 undead workers research Temples
Action 7:
2 workers with the curious plague pray to Amastay

"O Amastay, grant us a means to overcome the locusts that drive us to the brink of starvation!"

9 reagents are used to heal 3 workers with the curious plague
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: July 16, 2018, 11:34:36 pm »

Why did stymphalos do nothing about Wraiths? Are they completely incorporeal and immune to physical damage?

Quote from: Stymphalos
It will ward off any danger, internal or external, that can be deterred by physical might, even at a great danger to itself.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: July 16, 2018, 11:48:56 pm »

I initially wanted to have Giant Anacondas as mounts/hunting partners, but had to reconsider it after seeing the tame ones just granted a combat bonus.
That was what I was hoping for too. I guess I should have just given you small snakes at first, at least until you were in a better position to keep larger ones. Oh well, maybe you can recapture that wild one someday.

Nagas finishes the Don of the Dead project for six FP, then recommends that he quickly establish control of the Undead Demihuman Colossus and take him north to reconvene with the Bear-Man Colossus and purge the world of unbelievers (in Nagas). Then he uses three more FP to Zap a Dipnoi worker with Swamp Druidism to help the Dipnoi reëstablish.

"I see ye were nae ready for the great pouer o snaiks, Dipnoi. Maith an forgive me, the fault is mine; I pushed ye tae hard, tae fast. Yet I maun push ye again, tae raid ye own ruins and reclaim the Hat sae ye may claim ye role as my High Priest aince mair. Me be with ye!"

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: July 16, 2018, 11:51:50 pm »

Aglejo

3 workers farm at B6 using 3 crude tools.
2 workers forage for food at B6 using 3 crude tools.
1 worker prays to Tellus.
(Injured workers: 4)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: July 17, 2018, 12:02:42 am »

Quote from: Stymphalos
It will ward off any danger, internal or external, that can be deterred by physical might, even at a great danger to itself.

Well yes, that is why I asked if they were immune to physical might. I guess they are.

On another note, how big is the range of stymphalos? Would it be able to reach and engage the demoness this turn?

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: July 17, 2018, 12:56:07 am »

"Ok guys, this is starting to get out of hand, this partying needs to get organized."
Keerim creates Sirocco the Party King at G9. Sirocco is a large green parrot that will organize the zebras' parties, ensuring that nobody dies and that there are sufficient party snacks. He has the power to stop non-compliant parties to enforce his will.

I think stymphalos has a 3 tile range, so he should be able to reach the demoness
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: July 17, 2018, 09:03:52 am »

Someone smite those things already. This is getting out of hand.

We've come to a complete halt. Unable to gather food, workers not being killed before they enter.. That's what the barricade is supposed to be for. They are not allowed here.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 09:06:03 am by TricMagic »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: July 17, 2018, 09:29:03 am »

Cat Sith
Event: Spiritualism

Aeroith speaks to them.

"As you can see, our people are in dire straights. I cannot simply leave while they go through this time."

"Would you aid me in speaking to the people first?"

Aeroith says, "Suffer not the Undead, for they bring nought but suffering in their wake."
She then uses the Arcanum Botonica to create Magical Healing Herbs within the Fountain of Rebirth.
"Go and be cured, and resist this sickness upon our people."

She passes on the Arcanum to the Writer, and leaves the settlement with 2 of the apprentices and the Philosopher.. They travel with the Wrights.
{Well, they did say they would take us all, this is for the good of the tribe.}

The Zombie worker is banished from the settlement, to be met with fire if it or any others like it return.{Seriously, kill it with fire already. We have the spell, let us use it!}

3 Workers with pox on strike.

1 Apprentice with the Pox enters the Fountain of Rebirth.

2 workers pick up spears and fish at J-1. 1 of the workers use the basket. The other has the Straw Hat.

The Writer Apprentice follows Aeroith's wishes, striking down any undead with Fireballs.

Note: Hostile to Undead Workers.
In case that wasn't enough of a hint, no more undead workers! Kill them with FIRE!

GM, please tell me if there is a problem with my actions this turn. Though there shouldn't be at all, with everyone capable of Spiritualism, and them already speaking to us.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 07:04:42 pm by TricMagic »
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 119