Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 119

Author Topic: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!  (Read 139273 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine! (2 slots open!)
« Reply #825 on: June 25, 2018, 05:08:49 pm »

You need only look at our Advanced Magic Theory research to see as such.. Would really like to know how much it costs.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: June 25, 2018, 05:42:03 pm »

Jotun Oligarchy

Just as the Jotun Oligarchy started to formulate a plan to deal with the Seagulls, it seemed that Mabel stepped in to assist them! The giants reacted to this more strongly than normal because of the many other gods who spent the majority of the FP generated by the Giants on other civilizations.

The Jotun Oligarchy decides not to even make it possible for the Seagulls to attack by working in the eastern part of their territory.

Spoiler: Action Post (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Possible FP Triggers (click to show/hide)

dude... The only reason you generate me fp is because you build things. Everyone builds things. It's not like your going to stop building things if I don't support you. I gave you your mountain as a favor. quit acting like I owe you when you have done nothing to support me that you wouldn't have just done anyways. I don't owe you.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: June 25, 2018, 06:08:47 pm »

Mostly I'm just confused by your apparent lack of interest in construction. I thought you would have wanted to invest to get even more FP. A higher quality tile for collecting building material would be a percent based increase to what is already the largest source of construction in the world. Not only would it pay for itself in the long term, it would probably pay for itself even in the short term.

Unless another god destroyed it I guess?
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: June 25, 2018, 06:09:37 pm »

The Xekarni

Kezai is the earned name of our Colossus-slayer, who is set to take over as Chieftess of the tribe in Goruk's place.

The Xekarni celebrate their victory over the bear titan's horde, and speak of Goruk's chosen manner of demise with much praise. Their faith in Nagas increases drastically following the miraculous snake rain that was observed to turn the tide of the battle, and it is further augmented as a result of the great respect now commanded by the snake god's emissary.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The giants reacted to this more strongly than normal because of the many other gods who spent the majority of the FP generated by the Giants on other civilizations.

How could the giants possibly be aware of how much FP the gods are spending on civilizations on the other side of the world which they haven't ever made contact with?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 06:13:56 pm by Atomic Chicken »
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: June 25, 2018, 06:36:52 pm »

The giants reacted to this more strongly than normal because of the many other gods who spent the majority of the FP generated by the Giants on other civilizations.

How could the giants possibly be aware of how much FP the gods are spending on civilizations on the other side of the world which they haven't ever made contact with?
They just methodically count all the favors gods owe/are owed just as they count many other things.

That said, I did notice a thrend with gods, with some being chaotically helpful, others pragmatic and all others "I do what I want, mortals". Appeasing last ones is kinda pointless
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: June 25, 2018, 06:40:38 pm »

That said, I did notice a thrend with gods, with some being chaotically helpful, others pragmatic and all others "I do what I want, mortals". Appeasing last ones is kinda pointless
chaotically helpful
Nagas perks up. ":D :D :D"

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: June 25, 2018, 06:42:31 pm »

There have been some incidents where gods actively encourage mortals to compete for their affection in exchange for some kind of reward. The 25FP artifact reward for building a temple "one of Amastay's people" is easily the best example of this.

I'm the best at building, so it still seems like a smart investment. Actually, now that I thought about what a 25FP artifact can actually do, I think it would be better in the long term if I expedite this by adding more workers to research.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 06:49:41 pm by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: June 25, 2018, 06:47:32 pm »

Meanwhile, we made a tree that made books. Or almost did.
Was looking to make a tree that produced books on it's own in the same way as a Fruit-bearing tree.

We also have a grand construction total of zero due to trying to skip a few steps with spells. Still need Advanced Magic Theory, which looks to be a bronze age tech...

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: June 25, 2018, 08:21:28 pm »

Where should I start as a civilization?
the bottom left corner is a pretty good area, especially around C9
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: June 25, 2018, 08:26:04 pm »

Ah, C-9, bountiful lakes, brilliant rainforests.. Mountains to your east and Mystical gemstones of every color to your south.

Mining would be a good trait, with so much stone, and you could probably make stone houses fairly easily.

That, and eventual magic, maybe Izzith could leave you a tome on stoneworking.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: June 25, 2018, 08:39:33 pm »

Quote from: Supernerd
But the tech "Temples" still shows as 6/? when it should at worst be showing 10/?
Fixed.  The research was completed at 10 of 10.
I encourage everyone to be as diligent as Supernerd at checking for errors with their civs/gods.

Quote from: TricMagic
Still need Advanced Magic Theory, which looks to be a bronze age tech...
Most likely bronze/iron age for you.  Most likely medieval era for everyone not magical...

Quote from: Sarrak
GM, my question about building in two places/moving settlement is a 'NO'?
It is possible to move your settlement if a traumatic event happens at your settled tile.  I wouldn't recommend it, though.
It might be possible to research some kind of tech that allows you to move to a different tile.
Creating additional settlements is not possible with current technology, and most likely will not happen while we're still in the stone age.

Quote from: Rockeater
Still can join?
Yes.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: June 25, 2018, 08:42:16 pm »

You know, this kind of says I'm going to be the first to enter the bronze age..

...What is bronze made of anyway..

Bronze is technically made of various metals..
Creating Ironwood Trees is possible. Doesn't help with actually making iron weapons, but wood with the properties of such could be made.

Advanced Magic would allow earth spells, which means metal and stone, along with earth/wood houses are in the future.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 08:46:29 pm by TricMagic »

Oblivion2007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine! (1 slot open!)
« Reply #837 on: June 25, 2018, 08:56:27 pm »

I don't get why people think destroying the Titangate was ME initializing hostility. You built it right on top of my most expensive investment after I had just finished making him knowing it would constantly spew out enemies. As soon as the first horde spawned they immediately attacked Bakhon and then ran over and destroyed a tile of mine. Saying 'Oops sorry it wasn't intentional that the big gate that constantly created hostile mobs attack you' doesn't quite cut it, especially when you specifically built it on the tile Bakhon was on.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: June 25, 2018, 09:11:42 pm »

Oh. Wow. That changes my action entirely! I didn't even read the tech description yet, but I already know it changes my action entirely.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: June 25, 2018, 09:12:32 pm »

"Nagas tell your followers to read that book. Even if I gain from it, it is your people that gain more henceforth you gain as well.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 119