Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 119

Author Topic: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!  (Read 138852 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!
« Reply #240 on: June 02, 2018, 05:59:39 pm »

If you're handing out beneficial zaps, the Jorun Oligarchy could use some. Mabel hasn't really done anything for my civilization and now it sounds like maybe she is going to spend all the FP that she got from my civilization on someone else? (Though as I haven't noticed her actually saying anything about it in the thread, it seems more likely that TricMagic is wrong.)

At least Farsky was helpful though.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 06:09:48 pm by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 02, 2018, 06:11:53 pm »

I just really want flight to work, and a little(or a lot) of Godly assistance doesn't hurt our chances of making it innate.

I'm pretty sure we do need a God's assistance to make it stick, and you being a god of Magic can work with Mabel next turn. She supplies most of the GP, and you put your domain to work with her domain.

Besides, if you really want to grant Magic assistance, you can grant a tile an affinity towards specific elemental magics for 5 MP later.

At the moment though, our very success with flight is likely to give you that MP back afterward, so it's more efficient.

There's also a Divine Project you could work on afterward. Create a World Seed, and we will tend to it.

....After this is said and done, We Cait Sith truly need to work on Prayer Festivals. We certainty have enough gods with us for it to be a great multiplier.

-------------
And, no, she hasn't quite said anything, she just said to wait. It's just that she has three Civs to tend to. And she is likely working on a long game rather than a quick one.

Go hunt some of those magical mammoths already=

All Hail Izzith! Twiddler of Thumbs and Patron God of Magic! He is Come!

[Thank you!~]
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 06:29:25 pm by TricMagic »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 02, 2018, 06:14:58 pm »

I don't know why it became a zap! I just wanted snakes!
Nagas had 4 FP.  So I did the only thing I could think of that would create snakes for less than 5 FP.
Ah. You know you don't actually have a cost for animals listed in the OP?

Oblivion2007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 02, 2018, 06:24:47 pm »

Alright then, editing my post.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 02, 2018, 06:40:07 pm »

The god Izzith comes! All hail Izzith the God of Magic!

To announce his arrival Izzith Zaps one Cait Sith civilian at K1 to give it minor magical powers.
Welcome to the game.  Just to help you out a little, you might want to be more specific than "minor magical powers".  The Cait Sith are already inherently magical.

I find it unsettling that a hunt with nearly half a tribe doesn't get me any FP, but more peaceful gods can create tiles that create more FP every time a new pop is born in them.
I was interpreting your Slaughter aspect as "slaughtering foes in combat" or "violent bloody deaths."  Not so much as mundane slaughtering of animals that happens all the time.  Since your kind of slaughter tends to happen less often, you get more FP when it does happen.

I realize that some things are unbalanced in this game.  Nagas has only gotten 1 FP through his aspect if I remember right.  And then we have the Jotun problem.  All I can say is, let's try and accept the imbalance and go with it.

Ah. You know you don't actually have a cost for animals listed in the OP?
I did say that the rules for artifact and creature creation were the same as for land tiles, and special tiles are a minimum of 5 FP.  I should have explained it better though.  I was thinking it would be 5 FP minimum to create stuff, but maybe, for a few plain boring animals, we could make it just 3 FP.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 02, 2018, 06:45:34 pm »

That's been edited and talked over GM. I forsee a future of speciallists, even though I don't have anyone who can see the future. The far future that is.

Oblivion2007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 02, 2018, 08:02:26 pm »

Alright after some discussion with Supernerd how about this.

Izzith decides to Zap one of the Jorun Oligarchy's civilians giving them the magical ability to speed the growth of plants.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 02, 2018, 08:38:17 pm »

Rules modification!  Creatures and artifacts explained in more detail.

Creatures:
For 1 FP, you can make a single, nondangerous, boring creature such as a donkey.
For 3 FP, you can make one dangerous but boring creature such as a tiger, or a herd of boring nondangerous critters like horses or harmless snakes.
For 5 FP, you can make a magical and/or very dangerous monster/creature/foe of some kind.  Example:  An Ogre or a Troll.  Or a pack of dangerous but otherwise nonspecial critters.  Example:  A pack of dire wolves.  Or a herd of nondangerous but kind of special critters, such as a herd of talking swamp zebras.
More powerful monsters will cost multiples of 5 FP.  Example:  A Fire Giant or a Demon would probably cost 10 FP.  Beezlebub, Lord of the Flies, would probably cost around 20 FP.

Artifacts:
5 FP minimum.  For 5 FP, you get a basic magic object, such as a magic sword.  Excalibur would probably cost 15 or so FP.  Or non-weapon/armor artifacts that alter workers, tiles, or the weather in limited ways.  Tech level is currently limited to early medieval era (no gunpowder).

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 02, 2018, 08:41:09 pm »

Just to clarify, how do creatures work differently than tiles with animals as a feature?
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 02, 2018, 08:58:53 pm »

Just to clarify, how do creatures work differently than tiles with animals as a feature?
Independently made critters aren't tied to a tile and might stick around if the tile is changed.  Creatures part of a tile probably won't leave unless you spend extra.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 02, 2018, 11:10:42 pm »

Rules modification!  Creatures and artifacts explained in more detail.

Creatures:
For 1 FP, you can make a single, nondangerous, boring creature such as a donkey.
For 3 FP, you can make one dangerous but boring creature such as a tiger, or a herd of boring nondangerous critters like horses or harmless snakes.
For 5 FP, you can make a magical and/or very dangerous monster/creature/foe of some kind.  Example:  An Ogre or a Troll.  Or a pack of dangerous but otherwise nonspecial critters.  Example:  A pack of dire wolves.  Or a herd of nondangerous but kind of special critters, such as a herd of talking swamp zebras.
More powerful monsters will cost multiples of 5 FP.  Example:  A Fire Giant or a Demon would probably cost 10 FP.  Beezlebub, Lord of the Flies, would probably cost around 20 FP.

Artifacts:
5 FP minimum.  For 5 FP, you get a basic magic object, such as a magic sword.  Excalibur would probably cost 15 or so FP.  Or non-weapon/armor artifacts that alter workers, tiles, or the weather in limited ways.  Tech level is currently limited to early medieval era (no gunpowder).

Do I get 2 fp back for the creation of my horses then? (If you don't want to do that, can I retroactively add some special trait to them?)
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 02, 2018, 11:14:29 pm »

May I suggest easy domestication? My civilization will build stables (although I might have to research that seperately) once the horses are domesticated.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 02, 2018, 11:44:50 pm »

can I retroactively add some special trait to them?)
Sure, why not?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 03, 2018, 12:15:26 am »

((@supernerd, actually I spent the FP i got from you on the orassans. Im spending the orassans on cait sith, and will be spending cait sith on you shortly afterwards. Don't  worry, youre on the list, just since Farsky is there to look out for you specifically I have other priorities for now, he's gotcha.))
((Also, frankly, the orassans needed the help pretty bad. I'm a bit tempted to dote on them simply cuz nobody else is prioritizing them.))

Mabel
Add special properties to the mangrove forest at K1, making those born there magical(or extra-magical if already magical) demihumans related to their personalities - in the case of the cait sith their demihumans should probably get the fey wings they long for so much.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 12:24:13 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 03, 2018, 06:21:10 am »

Turn 10 - The Stone Age - Year of the Snake

Noteworthy tiles:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Artifacts:

Creatures:

Divine Projects:

Godly actions of note:
Blarg teaches agriculture to the zebras for 5 FP!
Malvol replaces the riverland at H3 with mountains for 3 FP.  The herd of horses flee to I4.
Izzith the God of Magic arrives!  He twiddles his divine thumbs!  Then he Zaps one of the Jotun Oligarchy's workers, turning him into a Greenthumb worker!
Mabel attempts to make a special tile but doesn't have enough FP.  (Adding extra-magical, demihuman, and flight as tile effects will cost 15 FP.)

The sun becomes eclipsed by a blood-red moon!  It's a portent of doom!  The slithering and rattling of snakes throughout the land becomes a sinister cacophony!  A PLAGUE OF SNAKES IS UPON US!!!  Nagas, god of Snakes, is delirious with joy!  He gets 5 FP!

Civilization actions:

Dipnoi Republic
3 Workers forage for Food in I7 and find 10 food.
1 Worker hunts in H6 with 1 Blowdart and find 3 food.
3 Workers research Mud Construction.
2 Workers craft Blowdarts.
Snakes overrun the Dipnoi settlement!  Weapons are mostly ineffective against a snake plague!  The only thing to do is hide!  2 workers are caught in the open and die of snakebite!  Nagas gets 6 FP!  Blarg gets 2 FP!

The Xekarni
2 workers research Battle Formations, and the tech is complete.
1 worker forages for reagents at I5 and finds 3 reagents.
2 workers research Poisonous Plants.
Goruk and 2 workers hunt at J6, armed with 3 crude spears, and find 7 food.
3 food is spent, 1 new worker is created.
Anacondas attack the settlement!  Goruk fights heroically and kills several, getting 3 more food in snakemeat!  However, 1 worker is eaten!  Nagas is delighted!  He gains 3 FP!  Malvol enjoyed watching Goruk slaughter snakes!  He gets 3 FP!

Cait Sith
2 Crude Spears are taken up by 2 workers to Fish at J1.  They find 6 food.
Another 2 are taken up by 2 workers to fish at K1.  They find 5 food.
4 workers forage at J1 and find 7 food.  Workers report less efficiency foraging with more than 3 workers here.
2 workers forages at K2 and finds 4 food.
Snakes drop down from the mangrove trees on the heads of Cait Sith citizens!  3 workers are injured!  Nagas gets 2 FP!  Blarg gets 1 FP!

The People
2 workers forage at H3 with crude tools and find 5 food.
2 workers forage at H4 with crude tools and find 4 food.
1 worker researches Domestication.
4 workers research Plains Survival.
3 food is used to create a worker.
The People really are getting tired of all these motherfuckin' snakes on their motherfuckin' plains!  1 worker dies of snakebite!  Nagas, god of motherfuckin' snakes, gets 3 FP!

Orassan Empire
3 workers forage B3 with all 3 crude tools, finding 8 food.
1 worker prays to Mabel.
1 worker researches Primitive Spearmaking.
1 worker researches Farming.
1 worker is injured in a snake attack!  Nagas gains 1 FP!

Jotun Oligarchy
3 workers forage at C4 and find 11 food.
3 workers forage at D3 and find 6 food.
4 workers work on constructing an Orchard at C4.
1 worker is morphed into a Greenthumb worker!
The giants shrug off any snakebites as a minor nuisance!  A magical mammoth, fleeing snakes in the south, runs into the settlement!  Farsky gets 3 FP!  Izzith gains 3 FP!  The mammoth is killed and butchered for 10 food!  Malvol gets 1 FP!

A giant python eats the entire Potato Pirates tribe!  Nagas, god of Snakes, is giddy as a schoolgirl!!!  He gets 8 FP!!!!! Farsky gets 5 FP!  Potato Pirates are no more!!

Civilization status:

Godly status:

Techs known to all:
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 05:32:01 pm by Zazmio »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 119