Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 119

Author Topic: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!  (Read 138711 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2018, 07:16:14 pm »

Mabel Goddess of Demihumans
waits to act for this turn, having not enough FP for her own projects and there being no requests made of her for her to fulfill.
I intend to cooperate with Farsky to acomplish the creation of a new tile.
Actually mabel, my plan can wait, for now i have a simpler gift for the jotun.
But for in a few turns i have a marvelous idea here it is,
(not an actual action, me showing my write up for the tile, also how much would this cost?) Farsky Creates the land of falling stars, a single large meteor crashes at the center thrumming and crackling with mystic energy, Any animals that approach are struck with this energy, mutating them into twisted humanoid forms, just slightly larger than the average villager. As it's name suggests this tile is constantly under light meteoric bombardment, most burn up and are harmless but occasionally one will impact glowing with similar mystic energy to the central meteor. When an animal approaches it they are grabbed by beams of energy that pull them into the meteor, at which point they start glowing with energy and the ground closes up over them, sealing them away. After a gestation period they burst out of the ground, having become massive demihuman monstrocities Known as demon lords, bearing the sinister glowing payload of the meteor that created them. These beasts bear some of the abilities of their base animal, in addition some of them posses mystic powers, crackling with green lightening, they vary in size, however all are at least a bit taller than a jotun villager, however they can grow much taller. The creatures grow more powerful the longer they are let to stew within their tile, this includes "demon lords" who tend to grow larger the longer the tile has gone without being completely wiped of these beasts. All beasts that are created here follow a few general behaviors, they are hostile towards outsiders (villagers, but not other animals), but not each other, and seem to group up around the largest and most powerful of these creatures, forming impromptu armies for these "demon lords". These groups occasionally leave their home tile, but this is fairly rare, When slain a "demon lord" provides an immense amount of meat, and if slain alone in single combat their energies flow into whoever defeated them, augmenting their strength. In addition their bones, and the crystal that created them, are magical, slightly.

wooh that took a while to write. Jotun tribe, I designed this so you can (not easily but can) defeat these guys in single combat, while other tribes will have trouble actually killing them due to their strength and minions. In addition this would, (probably) give me and mabel FP, which lets us help you more (the tile has demihumans, titans) This would go on E4
"I see your idea, and do favor the giants, but I don't think that degree of aggression towards the river pirates is needful. The giants seem quite capable of taking care of themselves, and I don't want to expend power simply making the world more hostile while everything is so new. Why not see what the giants do to defend themselves first?"

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

"That... your proposal doesn't negate what I was saying before, but... I must admit, I am tempted. I had something... related... in mind, but of a less aggressive nature."
"I am concerned though, how this might affect the reputation and treatment of demihumans in general, amoungst all peoples. I do not wish to set a chain of events in motion causing those I like to be hunted down and attacked because of their similarity to something people fear."
anything i can change to get you to help me with it? Oh i know, make them non hostile, they only attack if attacked, or if you enter their turf. then simply their size will cause problems for people.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 08:36:52 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2018, 07:17:36 pm »

0cra_tr0per, I think you are being far more rude than you need to be with your criticisms. Also, I find it ironic that the guy who made ASCIIHOOD is complaining about Gridhood graphics.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2018, 07:17:45 pm »

Farsky requests mabel's help with giving the Jotun a new tile, With their combined FP they can make a much better tile.
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2018, 07:18:31 pm »

"I am intrigued, what design do you have in mind?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2018, 07:20:43 pm »

Well I am thinking of either infesting E4 with beasts (to both drive off the potato pirates and give the jotun a new source of food, and possibly magic, Have any suggestions for what the beasts could be?), Or change their home tile into a  Graveyard of ancient titans, with the magic of their bones rendering the area incredibly fertile.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 07:27:09 pm by dgr11897 »
My Power armor arms race

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2018, 07:31:36 pm »

Should there be a list of trait effects somewhere?
Traits' exact effects are a mystery.  One can use common sense to guess what they might be.  All traits give  at least small bonuses to something.  In the case of maluses such as your Jotun's increased food consumption, the bonuses outweigh any maluses.
For the love of god please instead of using a half-assed key that wastes valuable image space and putting letters instead of actual tile graphics just use actually drawn tiles, colored borders that indicate what civilization is there instead of these ugly squares that you can't even call civ markers. (And why the fuck do civilizations not have their color in the civ spoiler?)

And mangrove forests just make my eyes bleed for the horrible attempt at giving them an image.
Though it's similar to Supernerd's Gridhood, this is a different Gridhood with a different style.  I've decided civ colors in the turn post aren't worth the extra effort, though that might change.  If you don't like it, you don't have to play.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2018, 07:38:57 pm »

The People

2 workers forage at H4
2 workers research simple hunting traps
1 worker prays to Nagas
Use 3 food to create a worker
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2018, 07:49:25 pm »

0cra_tr0per, I think you are being far more rude than you need to be with your criticisms. Also, I find it ironic that the guy who made ASCIIHOOD is complaining about Gridhood graphics.

I could draw tiles if I wanted, it's just that I wanted something more fitting for a forum about an ASCII game.
it's over

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2018, 08:08:02 pm »

Aware of the higher than normal amount of food that they need to survive, The Jotun Oligarchy focuses entirely on food collection this turn. They forage in groups in order to fend off evil potatoes should the need arise.

Spoiler: Action Post (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2018, 08:14:21 pm »

Actually mabel, my plan can wait, for now i have a simpler gift for the jotun.
But for in a few turns i have a marvelous idea here it is,
(not an actual action, me showing my write up for the tile, also how much would this cost?) Farsky Creates the land of falling stars, a single large meteor crashes at the center thrumming and crackling with mystic energy, Any animals that approach are struck with this energy, mutating them into twisted humanoid forms, just slightly larger than the average villager. As it's name suggests this tile is constantly under light meteoric bombardment, most burn up and are harmless but occasionally one will impact glowing with similar mystic energy to the central meteor. When an animal approaches it they are grabbed by beams of energy that pull them into the meteor, at which point they start glowing with energy and the ground closes up over them, sealing them away. After a gestation period they burst out of the ground, having become massive demihuman monstrocities Known as demon lords, bearing the sinister glowing payload of the meteor that created them. These beasts bear some of the abilities of their base animal, in addition some of them posses mystic powers, crackling with green lightening, they vary in size, however all are at least a bit taller than a jotun villager, however they can grow much taller. The creatures grow more powerful the longer they are let to stew within their tile, this includes "demon lords" who tend to grow larger the longer the tile has gone without being completely wiped of these beasts. All beasts that are created here follow a few general behaviors, they are hostile towards outsiders (villagers, but not other animals), but not each other, and seem to group up around the largest and most powerful of these creatures, forming impromptu armies for these "demon lords". These groups occasionally leave their home tile, but this is fairly rare, When slain a "demon lord" provides an immense amount of meat, and if slain alone in single combat their energies flow into whoever defeated them, augmenting their strength. In addition their bones, and the crystal that created them, are magical, slightly.

wooh that took a while to write. Jotun tribe, I designed this so you can (not easily but can) defeat these guys in single combat, while other tribes will have trouble actually killing them due to their strength and minions. In addition this would, (probably) give me and mabel FP, which lets us help you more (the tile has demihumans, titans) This would go on E4
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 08:18:19 pm by dgr11897 »
My Power armor arms race

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2018, 08:22:03 pm »

"I see your idea, and do favor the giants, but I don't think that degree of aggression towards the river pirates is needful. The giants seem quite capable of taking care of themselves, and I don't want to expend power simply making the world more hostile while everything is so new. Why not see what the giants do to defend themselves first?"

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

"That... your proposal doesn't negate what I was saying before, but... I must admit, I am tempted. I had something... related... in mind, but of a less aggressive nature."
"I am concerned though, how this might affect the reputation and treatment of demihumans in general, amoungst all peoples. I do not wish to set a chain of events in motion causing those I like to be hunted down and attacked because of their similarity to something people fear."

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2018, 08:23:32 pm »

anything i can change to get you to help me with it? Oh i know, make them non hostile, they only attack if attacked, or if you enter their turf. then simply their size will cause problems for people.
My Power armor arms race

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2018, 08:30:30 pm »

"Why would I want one of my peoples to be forced to live their life in a cage?"

edit:
"oh, wait, nevermind, I misunderstood. you aren't thinking of trapping them there, but instead of not forcing them to attack others outside the territory they've claimed. That, actually is totally fine with me. I am willing to cooperate with you to achieve this."
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 08:32:45 pm by Lenglon »

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2018, 08:33:08 pm »

"Why would I want one of my peoples to be forced to live their life in a cage?"
Live in a cage how? These things are barely intelligent, and i could rework it to be that when killed they just return to being normal animals and pop out of their monstrous forms(without these forms disappearing), keeping their whole humanoid thing, and being sentient.
Nevermind this, it was before you edited your thing.
My Power armor arms race

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2018, 08:39:58 pm »

0cra_tr0per, is there anything else you need for your civ to be founded?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 119