Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 119

Author Topic: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!  (Read 139264 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine! (2 slots open!)
« Reply #780 on: June 24, 2018, 10:07:50 am »

Considering the number of gods that worked on the titangate and the FP they spent on it, I suspect that destroying it will get you  enemies, Oblivion.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: June 24, 2018, 10:48:08 am »

You might just want to spend 10 FP to weaken their Leader. The bears are the result of a year.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: June 24, 2018, 11:13:35 am »

TricMagic, I don't know about you, but reading the titles of your workers seems kinda obnoxious to me. I don't suppose you could reduce them by picking a race name for your demihuman extramagicals ? then the longest would the disciplined <race name> writer apprentice. still quite long, but it'd help condense things a little. besides, that way there'd be a mental picture for what your people are like.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: June 24, 2018, 11:21:31 am »

Just copypasted.

Ex-Magic Apprentice maybe? That sound good GM?

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: June 24, 2018, 12:06:58 pm »

Hidden Monastery

We would be kind of grateful for any means of easily getting more food from less labor

1 worker & 1 worker wearing Fey Hair-Ribbon forage food on I8
Neheb & 3 martial artists train 4 workers in their respective styles in Martial School at I9 (interested in how mountain would affect training)

GM, is it possible to move settlement onto a different tile or have two settlements? After finishing Wooden Structures, I'd like to build further on I9, to benefit from Silent Mountain effect, not on my native J9
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 12:10:44 pm by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: June 24, 2018, 12:37:03 pm »

That would be a no. You need something to do that. Mapmaking maybe?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: June 24, 2018, 12:57:58 pm »

Nagas wonders whether he can Zap the titan with the desire to go north instead or something?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: June 24, 2018, 01:02:38 pm »

I'd say please don't... Just hide them so Spudwolf can fight it.

In other words, we're north of there..

Seriously, that is likely to kill us off if we don't finsh this magic tech.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 01:04:55 pm by TricMagic »

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: June 24, 2018, 01:45:44 pm »

Keerim replaces the wasteland at K10 with a rainforest

DAPARROT, do your eternal springs have a tangible source? Magical water-generating stones or similar (like how aquifers currently work in Dwarf Fortress) might turn out to be incredibly useful for various projects that come to mind.
I was thinking of them as more location based than object based, so they can be exploited but not easily moved

Interesting choice to start on the islands, since you only get 1 tile to act on for a while
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: June 24, 2018, 01:54:49 pm »

I find it interesting that everyone assumes that the people on the island cannot reach the tropical beach in the adjacent tile, even though there's no indication that tile types affect reachability that way.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: June 24, 2018, 01:58:14 pm »

The floating islands is a special tile, and part of the effects of the tile is them being in the sky, so you should need flight or a similar ability to go to the islands instead of the ocean, or leave them.
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: June 24, 2018, 01:59:35 pm »

The floating islands is a special tile, and part of the effects of the tile is them being in the sky, so you should need flight or a similar ability to go to the islands instead of the ocean, or leave them.
"Should" is a funny word like that, isn't it? :P

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: June 24, 2018, 02:09:20 pm »

Mabel
No action.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: June 24, 2018, 02:09:46 pm »

Bizarre alternative: when going around, workers would dive into an ocean beneath the sky island - ignoring gravity, as we don't quite have it working? - and when they need to return, they'd use fantasy character power to swim-climb through the island waterfalls
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: June 24, 2018, 02:13:45 pm »

Or someone could make it start floating around, affected by winds/magnetism.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 119