Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 119

Author Topic: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!  (Read 139193 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine! (2 slots open!)
« Reply #735 on: June 21, 2018, 05:22:08 pm »

I have to say that I strongly disagree with 0cra_tr0per. The moon beast events have a clear purpose, and that is to hype up whichever gods are having the least amount of fun. This time it was bears. Bears like to eat. Eating is basically a bear's entire thing. Everyone had to deal with bears, not just you. So when the bears stumbled upon the civilization that had a massive stockpile of food they obviously would go to get it. And when the civilization is totally undefended...

And obviously, the next moon that comes after you choose to quit the game will be the year of the Cat! So maybe hang in there for a bit longer.

Jotun Oligarchy

Spoiler: Action Post (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Possible FP Triggers (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: June 21, 2018, 05:41:04 pm »

The Year of the Cait?

Also, Holo went poof apparently..

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: June 21, 2018, 05:52:08 pm »

I have to say that I strongly disagree with 0cra_tr0per. The moon beast events have a clear purpose, and that is to hype up whichever gods are having the least amount of fun. This time it was bears. Bears like to eat. Eating is basically a bear's entire thing. Everyone had to deal with bears, not just you. So when the bears stumbled upon the civilization that had a massive stockpile of food they obviously would go to get it. And when the civilization is totally undefended...

And obviously, the next moon that comes after you choose to quit the game will be the year of the Cat! So maybe hang in there for a bit longer.

Yeah, but I've already lost interest in the game because the previous GM bullshittery was nothing that big of an issue compared to this incident.
it's over

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: June 21, 2018, 06:08:51 pm »

I fail to see how its such a big deal. You still have plenty of food so you can replace the worker you lost with a more cat-like one. You have plenty of wood so the loss of the primitive houses doesn't matter since you can replace them with wood houses this turn which you would want to do anyway.

Eh whatever. I'll remember your eagerness to quit when I decide which players applications to accept for my next Gridland Survival game. (Assuming that GS3 makes it to turn 33 of course)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 06:10:30 pm by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: June 21, 2018, 06:11:21 pm »

I'm a Manakete, so we'll be fine. I kinda want to take a swim in lava though.

Also, is there an open god slot in your game?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 06:23:57 pm by TricMagic »

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: June 21, 2018, 07:09:40 pm »

Keerim waits for FP while contemplating the possibility of owlbears
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: June 21, 2018, 07:56:44 pm »

My FP is in a weird situation. I should have spent all my FP last turn leaving me at zero. Then I got 3+3+3+1=10 but instead I have 13. However the 3 Plains I planned to build never got built so those 3 FP weren't spent meaning I started the turn with 3FP not 0FP. So my FP is actually correct.

My apologies, I somehow neglected to put the 3 plains in.  I gave you 3 FP back, so you now have 16 FP.  The 3 extra is from me editing in another 3 FP for you on turn 24.  I double checked your FP total and I'm pretty sure 16 FP is right.  Feel free to do the 3 plains this turn if you want.

Also, is there an open god slot in your game?

There are currently 2 open slots for either civs or gods.

Quote from: Supernerd
But I should have four crude tools because you didn't provide a reason about why I wouldn't have them.

Fixed, thanks

Anyway, Zazmio, I think my FP is wrong? I had 5 last turn (although I never actually checked that for correctness...), spent it all on snakes, then gained a total of 9 that I can see, and have 12 according to the turn. Now, don't get me wrong, I'll be thrilled if you can convince me I do have twelve FP, but for now I think I have nine.

I double checked.  You have 12 FP.  You had 5 on turn 24, then gained -3+1+2+6+1=7.  7+5=12.

((It takes a whole turn to get on a horse? Out of curiosity, what is the reasoning behind this (mechanics-wise)? In a scenario where a mounted hunter decides to remain at the settlement to research for a turn, the horse would be unavailable for use by another worker on that same turn, which seems somewhat illogical to me.))

I suppose we can chalk it up to taking some time to become familiar with the new mount.  I was trying to think of a way that would be easiest on me book keeping-wise, to be honest.  Do you really think the legendary Naga warrior Goruk would share his fire-breathing mount with some peasant?  ;)  Anyway, allowing easy constant switching of mounts between workers sounds like a headache to me.

Quote from: orcadropser
fuck you gm

I can't think of anything much to say to that, other than I expected more fortitude from a Dwarf Fortress player.  I mean, DF is 100X more harsh than this game.  Maybe I should introduce worker tantrum spirals...

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: June 21, 2018, 08:03:02 pm »

I double checked.  You have 12 FP.  You had 5 on turn 24, then gained -3+1+2+6+1=7.  7+5=12.
Ah, so it only took 3 to make the snakes? I thought it was five last time. Okay.

ETA: Oh right an action. Uh.

Nagas, already tired of waiting for his new worshippers to get with the diplomacy program, Zaps one Xekarni worker with advanced diplomantic [sic] ability. I am envisioning this as a boost to diplomacy-related research and actions.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 12:47:23 pm by Maximum Spin »

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!
« Reply #743 on: June 22, 2018, 11:29:57 pm »

Turn 26 - The Stone Age

Noteworthy tiles:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Artifacts:

Creatures:

Divine Projects:

Other Game Events:
The Zebras at G7 worship Blarg!  The Swamp god gains 2 FP!
The Zebras build a wooden palisade at G7!  Amastay gets 2 FP!
Ursaxus and the host of bear-men attempt to assault the palace of Bakhon the Wondrous, but a magical force field fends off the attack!  Izzith gets 2 FP!  The assault causes a wave of Djinn Restlessness to emanate from the palace!  All civs get +1 to Djinn Restlessness!!
Then the colossus and the bear-man host move to I4 and ravage the tile!  Farsky gets 3 FP!  Mabel gets 3 FP!
The carnivorous fire-breathing horses at I4 flee to J4!  They become slightly snake-like!  Nagas gets 3 FP!
The Marine Duck at F6 moves to G7.  Keerim gets 1 FP.
Tallamon the Hero Trainer moves to K1.  It teaches discipline to the philosopher.  Disci gets 1 FP.

Godly actions of note:
Disci orders Tallamon the Hero Trainer to wander the earth training people!
Mabel creates many new lands as detailed here for 24 FP!!  Then Mabel creates another Bountiful Basket at K1 for 5 FP!
Nagas Zaps Goruk, legendary Naga spear warrior, making him "diplomantic" for 3 FP!
Blarg tries to teach the Zebras defensive wall building, but they already know how!

Civilization actions:

Hidden Monastery
2 workers & 1 worker wearing Fey Hair-Ribbon forage food on I8 and get 7 food.  Mabel gets 3 FP!  Izzith gets 3 FP!
2 workers & 2 martial artists continue building Martial Arts School at I9.
Neheb meditates on his victory at I9 and receives a mysterious boon!
Injured master python-style martial artist recuperates.

Cait Sith
1 demihuman extramagical apprentice, 1 disciplined apprentice, 1 regular apprentice, and 1 disciplined demihuman extramagical writer apprentice research Advanced Magic Theory.
1 Philosopher Argues.
2 workers forage for food at K-1 and find 4 food.
6 food is spent to make 2 new workers.  The workers become extra magical and demihuman!  Mabel gets 6 FP!  Izzith gets 6 FP!
1 Disciplined Apprentice takes a dip in the Fountain of Rebirth.  It's like he's reborn!  The disciplined apprentice becomes extra magical and demihuman!  Mabel gets 3 FP!  Izzith gets 3 FP!

The Xekarni
1 injured worker is healed using 3 reagents.
The other injured worker rests.
1 horse tamer attempts to tame a carnivorous fire-breathing horse at I4, but wisely decides to flee from the Colossus instead!
Goruk mounts a tame fire-breathing carnivorous horse.
2 moderately snake-like workers (armed with 2 crude spears) attempt to forage for reagents at I4 using 2 crude tools but wisely decide to flee from the Colossus instead!
1 moderately snake-like spear warrior with venemous bite (armed with 1 crude spear) hunts at K5 (I5,J4,K5) and gets 2 food.  The moderately snake-like spear warrior morphs into a Naga spear warrior with venemous bite!  Nagas gets 3 FP!
3 slightly snake-like workers and 1 Naga spear warrior research Camouflage.

The People
Ymar with !*Rehield*! and the Armor of Purity, the half-secretary bird with a crude spear, and a worker with a crude spear hunt at G3 and find 9 food.
2 workers Make 2 primitive houses.  Amastay gets 1 FP.
3 workers Forage at H4 and find 6 food.
2 workers Research Farming.

Dipnoi Republic
1 Pygmy Charmer researches Diplomacy.
3 Workers forage for Food in I7 and find 7 food.
2 Snake Tamers herd the Egg-Laying Snakes at I6 into the Ranch at I6 with the help of the 2 Tame Giant Anacondas.  Nagas gets 3 FP!
3 Workers repair the Mud Barricade at I6.  Amastay gets 1 FP.
1 Worker researches Wood Gathering and the tech is complete!
Feed 4 Food to the Tame Giant Anacondas.
2 injured Workers rest.

The Jotun Oligarchy
1 Greenthumb worker using the artifact "Bountiful Basket" and 2 workers (ate bloodberries) equipped with 2 Slings Harvest the Orchard at C4 and get 15 food.
1 bountiful gatherer (ate bloodberries) equipped with the artifact "Giant-sized Flint Sickle of Harvesting" and 2 workers equipped with 2 slings Forage at C3 and get 10 food and 3 bloodberries.
2 workers construct a Giant Primitive House at D4.  Amastay gets 2 FP.
8 workers using 4 crude tools construct 10 crude tools.  Amastay gets 2 FP!
1 Injured worker and 1 Lazy worker attempt to consume 1 bloodberry each but fail because 1 is injured and 1 is pissed-off.  (eating a bloodberry is an action, and both workers cannot perform actions this turn.)
1 Food is fed to the Tame Cobras
The intelligent violent man-eating seagulls attempt a raid on C4, but are repulsed by a hail of sling bullets!  One wonders if they have learned from their mistake!  Keerim gets 2 FP!

Orassan Empire
In a fit of rage, a worker punches another and accidentally kills him!  The dead worker's friend throws a tantrum and then kills the first worker!  The entire civ is destroyed in a tantrum spiral!!!  Orassan Empire is no more!!

Civilization status:

Godly status:

Techs known to all:

I somehow modified turn 25 on accident!  Turn 25 is lost...
I think I have it saved at home, though

edit:  Ok, turn 25 has been rescued!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 03:40:12 am by Zazmio »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: June 22, 2018, 11:40:25 pm »

Um, did i miscount my FP use? I thought i was only filling in empty tiles other than the basket...
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: June 22, 2018, 11:42:49 pm »

It might not be too late to hit the back button on your browser a bunch of times and then copy and paste the post as it was.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: June 22, 2018, 11:43:17 pm »

I've counted it about 5 times, keep coming up with 24 tiles...

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: June 22, 2018, 11:45:45 pm »

It might not be too late to hit the back button on your browser a bunch of times and then copy and paste the post as it was.
I keep hitting 'modify' instead of 'quote' without realizing it.  Annoying.
Going back did not work.  I'm pretty sure I have it saved at home, though.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: June 23, 2018, 12:07:15 am »

What I do is intentionally click modify and then copy and paste the contents of the post into a new post. That way I don't need to remove the quote tags.

I did not see any rules about how equipment stacks with other equipment, but the fact that its possible to use 2 spears at once suggests to me that my action is valid, or at least tolerable.

Jotun Oligarchy

Despite being pessimistic about Amastay's interest in actually helping the Jotun Oligarchy despite the massive massive amounts of FP that the Jotun Oligarchy generated for him, the Jotun Oligarchy still begin progress on figuring out how to create a temple for him. Because, well... Massive massive amounts of FP generation. It was only a matter of time before it became even more blatantly obvious to Amastay that the Jorun Oligarchy embodied construction more than any other civilization in the world!

Spoiler: Action Post (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Possible FP Triggers (click to show/hide)

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: June 23, 2018, 12:29:09 am »

This may not be an error, but should I have collected 0 bloodberries even while using the sickle?
Also, you didn't fix the giant primitive house in the spoiler
Ok, fixed
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 119