Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 119

Author Topic: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!  (Read 139162 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!
« Reply #690 on: June 20, 2018, 05:27:07 am »

Dipnoi Republic
Praise Nagas! Our choice not to antagonize the Pygmies seems to have been the right one. Let us nurture good relationships with our neighbors, and hopefully we will prosper together.

Spoiler: Actions (Removed) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 03:02:09 pm by Nakéen »

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: June 20, 2018, 07:10:29 am »

Can't workers start project with insufficient resources? I presumed that I can put in labor equal to wood stocks and continue doing so - instead of amassing a great quantity of wood beforehand.

If it is not possible to build this way - could they have researched Hunting Tools instead?

+ I get a feeling, I'll get full roster of zap-masters sooner than actual School...
I decided to allow you to spend 2 wood on the Martial Arts school.

It's unlikely that you'll have all your workers zapped into martial arts masters.  The target of a Zap is random.

Savannahs don't yield much wood when foraged.  You have a rainforest now, so wood should be much less of a problem now.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: June 20, 2018, 07:14:44 am »

Orassan Empire

3 workers work at the farmland at B3 with 3 crude tools and 1 bountiful basket.
1 worker makes 1 crude tool
3 workers research currency
2 workers forage for wood with 2 crude tools at B3
1 worker grabs a crude spear before fishing at B3
it's over

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: June 20, 2018, 07:18:13 am »

Dipnoi Republic
2 Snake Tamers herd the Pythons of J6 to the Ranch of I6 with the help of the 2 Tame Giant Anacondas
Just letting you know that this action is unlikely to do anything.  You need a god to create an actual herd near you.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: June 20, 2018, 07:31:28 am »

Heh, so the foraging with the ribbon does nothing for me. looks like the one and only aspect trigger I have is births. a touch disappointing.
Mabel
no action
I don't have enough FP to try for anything complex.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: June 20, 2018, 08:13:17 am »

Praise to the Blarg, He brings Light to the night!
May Izzith look upon our achievements and be fulfilled.
And may Mabel continue her Benevolent Rule.

Cait Sith

2 workers pick up crude spears to fish at J-1.
2 workers pick up crude spears to fish at K-1.

1 Philosopher Argues while admiring the new trees.

1 Apprentice makes a book out of the book-making material.

1 Disciplined Demihuman Extramagical Writer Apprentice and a Disciplined Apprentice researches Advanced Magic Theory.

A Disciplined Apprentice preps the work needed to copy the Book-making Harvest spell from the Arcanum Botanica into a spellbook.(Research Spell is a go~)

1 Regular Apprentice takes a dip into the Fountain of Rebirth.

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: June 20, 2018, 08:28:00 am »

Equestrianism, 12 of 12 (Your civ has achieved horseback riding.  Your action range is now +1 tile.  If you tame a horse-like creature, you can add it to a worker to make it a mounted worker, giving the worker an additional +1 range.  Action format:  "1 worker mounts 1 horse."  Mounted workers consume 1 more food.  Mounted martial-type workers get a small bonus to combat in plains-like tiles.)

((The wording here is a little confusing. Does the +1 action range apply solely to mounted workers, or should this be interpreted as +1 range to all workers and an additional +1 if mounted?

Additional question: do we need to research specific techs before engaging in diplomacy and trade with our neighbours? I might have to change my last action depending on the answer.))

Haha, I imagine Giants past experiences with divine blessings made them less impressionable. A Giant sees a Mountain rising instead of a forest. "Meh" says the Giant.

((Behold, the avarice of mortals! To act as spoilt children and shamelessly spit in the face of the divine! Their benefactors would be forgiving indeed to tolerate such bold impudence!))

The Xekarni

The whispers brought forth through the Slithering One's emissary, fresh venom dripping from her fangs, cause much dispute amongst the tribespeople, and many a moon witnesses the heated arguments that arise in their wake. Who is this Snake God, and what is its place in the Story of the universe? What do the Xekarni mean to it? Are its claims to be trusted? In addition, what is to be done about the purported southern clans?

These dilemmas and others are addressed by the Council in the weeks that follow. Ultimately, the decision to concede to the Slithering One's demands is reached, though the tribe remains wary of the god's intentions at this point. The few unblemished workers remaining are quickly led into the serpent jungle so as to undergo what is now deemed to be transfigurative appointment to the cult of Nagas. Meanwhile, the emissary is sent deep into the southern reaches of the swamp in an attempt to locate the foreign civilisation spoken of in its message.

Spoiler: actions (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 03:28:44 am by Atomic Chicken »
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: June 20, 2018, 09:52:13 am »

The People
Action 1:
2 workers research Wooden Structures
Action 2:
3 workers make 3 crude tools
Action 3:
The half-secretary bird researches Logistics
Action 4:
Ymar researches Primitive Barricades
Action 5:
3 workers forage for wood at G3 with 3 crude tools
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: June 20, 2018, 10:12:17 am »

Blarg decides to teach the Zebras how to gather stone and how to work with and carve stone for some amount of FP, then he puts 2FP towards the Stone of Memorial.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: June 20, 2018, 11:37:36 am »

Disci zaps a hidden monk worker to be more disciplined[/b

'If you research self discipline, Hidden Monks, then I shall give you a gift increasing your knowledge on defence.

Xekarnis if you prove to me that you are worthy I shall give you something that will make your warriors more efficient in battle."

Oblivion2007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: June 20, 2018, 12:52:02 pm »

Okay even though this won't really help me FP-wise, let's mix things up a bit:

Izzith surveys the lands, both made and unmade, and is determined to make his own mark. Furrowing his brow in concentration he summons up all his might and begins.

He begins by expanding the Oceans creating them on B7, A8, A9, and A10.
To shield his new land from the new ocean Izzith creates a ridge of Mountains on C7, B8, B9, and B10.
From the mountains he creates a new river. At C8 and D8 a River runs through new Rainforest before spilling out into a River Delta at E8.
Izzith continues expanding the Rainforest at D9 and E9.
A new Lake is created at C9.
In his most expensive part of the project Izzith creates the Prism Canyon, which is a canyon that contains magical crystals of many elements and colors. It runs from C10, D10, to E10 for 15Fp total (5Fp each tile).
With the last of his power Izzith creates Plains on B11, C11, and D11.
Then Izzith finally rests.

With all tiles besides the canyon tiles taking 1FP each then that should have spent 32FP exactly.

Roughly like this:

« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 12:56:51 pm by Oblivion2007 »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: June 20, 2018, 01:18:41 pm »

Dipnoi Republic
2 Snake Tamers herd the Pythons of J6 to the Ranch of I6 with the help of the 2 Tame Giant Anacondas
Just letting you know that this action is unlikely to do anything.  You need a god to create an actual herd near you.
Nagas causes another set of harmless egg-laying snakes to slither up out of the ground at I6 for 5FP instead. He also whispers to a random Dipnoi: "Visssitors will be arriving ssoon. Treat them well! I look forward to your mutual prossssperity."

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: June 20, 2018, 02:26:03 pm »

Keerim zaps one of the hidden monks with the knowledge of woodpecker style martial arts, which consists of fasy repetitive strikes that can easily break through trees or similarly tough armor
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: June 20, 2018, 03:00:26 pm »

Dipnoi Republic
Ack. I assumed enough Pythons existed there as we had some encounters with them. Editing my action consequently.

Spoiler: Edited Actions (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 03:04:01 pm by Nakéen »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: June 20, 2018, 04:29:33 pm »

Jotun Oligarchy

Lacking a high quality place to collect stone, the Jotun Oligarchy spends their time improving their collection efficiency without the need for divine assistance by creating tools...

Spoiler: Doublecheck (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Action Post (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Possible FP Triggers (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 119