Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 119

Author Topic: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!  (Read 138767 times)

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!
« Reply #135 on: May 28, 2018, 06:43:36 pm »

Hmm, would a mecha about the size of a jotun villager, with no inbuilt weapons, and an open cockpit (so they can be killed by primitive weapons), be OK as an artifact?
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 28, 2018, 07:01:49 pm »

Sure.  You might want to take into consideration that a stone-age person would have no idea what it is or how to use it, though.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 28, 2018, 07:03:17 pm »

Huh. You know I never really stopped to think about how bit a Jotun villager is compared to other people... Is it about 1.5x the size?
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 28, 2018, 07:03:36 pm »

Eh, I can work around that, make it kinda like a gunmen, powered by the belief or willpower of the driver, with how to operate it imprinted onto you once you touch the controls.
My Power armor arms race

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 28, 2018, 07:13:56 pm »

Huh. You know I never really stopped to think about how bit a Jotun villager is compared to other people... Is it about 1.5x the size?
The Jotun were about 2X the size of the Potato Pirates, the only other people you've encountered.
Eh, I can work around that, make it kinda like a gunmen, powered by the belief or willpower of the driver, with how to operate it imprinted onto you once you touch the controls.
Honestly, I think you'd be better off giving out simpler artifacts.  I can think of all kinds of crazy things that might happen when advanced tech is in the hands of stone age primitives.  It's up to you, though.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 28, 2018, 07:15:22 pm »

Honestly, I think you'd be better off giving out simpler artifacts.  I can think of all kinds of crazy things that might happen when advanced tech is in the hands of stone age primitives.  It's up to you, though.
Crazy things, That is kinda the point, Though i might just make a sword, that alone would be enough to make interesting things happen.
My Power armor arms race

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 28, 2018, 07:43:22 pm »

Upon thinking about this some more, I think I'm going to have to make a rule.

All artifacts, creatures, or lands containing technology must be of medieval era technology or earlier.  Until further notice.

Mostly I am concerned about the introduction of advanced tech drastically altering the course of the game.  dgr might find the game more fun if it suddenly involved colossal mechs battling it out, but I don't think everyone else will find that particularly fun.  Unless everyone here tells me that they'd rather play the kind of game dgr wants to play...

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 28, 2018, 07:47:13 pm »

OK, does magitek count? I will presume so until further notice (I will not do magitek mechs or whatever, just straight magic.), and mostly, I just want to make interesting things, seeing people with spears take down massive mechs counts as interesting for me. I will also restrain myself a bit, so as to not frustrate the GM and everyone else. I will keep to colossal creatures and moving castles for now. I will also just honor the spirit of the rule and not make biological or magical mechs, unless people specify they have no objections, or i scatter them randomly.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 07:49:47 pm by dgr11897 »
My Power armor arms race

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 28, 2018, 07:53:36 pm »

Magic, in this game, is considered to be earlier than medieval era tech.  Just remember that the more powerful it is, the more FP it costs.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 28, 2018, 07:59:47 pm »

I think the only way mechs would work would be if they were a constant FP drain to keep working. Even if they're magitech, the mortals are nowhere near being able to maintain or repair them.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 28, 2018, 08:04:25 pm »

I think the only way mechs would work would be if they were a constant FP drain to keep working. Even if they're magitech, the mortals are nowhere near being able to maintain or repair them.
I could just let them steadily be abandoned as they break down or run out of power, be kind of interesting to have mechs scattered across the land, especially when archaeology becomes a thing.
My Power armor arms race

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 28, 2018, 08:09:16 pm »

Yeah, magitech is basically equivalent to very high tech.  High tech equipment requires a high tech civilization to maintain it.

I'm thinking that we should not allow high tech at all, because then we might see a high tech arms race among the gods, and suddenly all these stone age tribes go from wielding spears to wearing power armor with ion cannons.  I'm pretty sure most of us don't want to see the game go in this direction.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 28, 2018, 08:14:12 pm »

Yeah, magitech is basically equivalent to very high tech.  High tech equipment requires a high tech civilization to maintain it.

I'm thinking that we should not allow high tech at all, because then we might see a high tech arms race among the gods, and suddenly all these stone age tribes go from wielding spears to wearing power armor with ion cannons.  I'm pretty sure most of us don't want to see the game go in this direction.
I mostly agree, simply because well, that would go from OK that is kinda cool, to OH GOD EVERYTHING IS ON FIRE, or well, now most of the world is one huge wasteland, and it wouldn't be fair on new players. The one reason i can think of for a civilization to have access to higher tech, is if it is part of their trait, I.E. if they say clockwork, or robotic, for their traits. Which i would love to see, same with, ingenius, scientific, dragons, nomads, Eldritch, runes, and beasts. All of those are traits that i would love to see in game.
My Power armor arms race

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 28, 2018, 08:37:37 pm »

The People
3 workers forage at H5
3 workers forage at I4
1 worker forages at H4
3 food is used to create a worker
If you could throw a prayer my way every once in a while, I can keep making things for you.

If you want...
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 28, 2018, 09:24:06 pm »

The People
3 workers forage at H5
3 workers forage at I4
1 worker forages at H4
3 food is used to create a worker
If you could throw a prayer my way every once in a while, I can keep making things for you.

If you want...
You have a point. It would be nice to have a tile directly above or directly to the right of my home tile, if you're taking requests.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 119