Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: [Freeform, kind of] "Lucid Roleplaying"  (Read 2286 times)

SabbaticGoat

• Bay Watcher
  • help im stuck in a aquif-blublubublbulubl
    • View Profile
Re: [Freeform, kind of] "Lucid Roleplaying"
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2018, 12:53:25 am »

"How in the hell did I get here?"

He places a hand to his hip, wondering also why the hell he is shaped like Holo from Spice and Wolf.

"I'm not sure how I feel about this."
hehe i became a girl

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2018, 05:25:36 am »

"Well uh..." Cinder scribbles on his notepad, "We could get going now. I'll write up something interactive for us to get to doing."
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2018, 05:29:54 am »

I walk over and get one of the walkie-talkies.
"I'm ready when everyone else is."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2018, 06:10:34 pm »

"I don't think anyone else is going to show up."
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2018, 08:04:25 pm »

“‘kay, four of us, right? Sorry for taking a while, but I’ve got it all sorted out now,” Cinder scribbled in his notepad, then turned it over to you.

Quote from: Cinder’s Notepad

On the notepad is a piece of graph paper clipped to it. A diagram is drawn in felt pen, presumably the floor plan of what the title states to be “The Imaginarium Exhibitions” with the subtitle stating “try not to cringe please.”

The entrance leads into a grand hallway, from which the other exhibition rooms are connected. The areas of interest you see are:

Art Gallery
Dining Room
Virtual Rooms
Roleplay Holodeck

“I’ll be guiding you all through these rooms, though feel free to wander off at any time. Preferably with someone else, though. These halls aren’t 100% safe -well, for your avatar, anyways. It’s not like, Matrix or anything.”

He beckons for you to follow, and assumes you follow.

Quote from: Central Hallway
This dark room is lit by the seemingly distant stars on the glass-like floors and walls, as if it was built out of starstuff. Four additional hallways connect to it, with glowing signs next to the path telling where they lead.

In the center of the hall, there is an inverted, deep black pyramid, its upside-down apex so subtly secured that it gives the appearance that the pyramid is delicately balancing on the base. Above, secured to the ceiling, is the bottom half of a lens-like orb.

The inverted pyramid begins to turn around slowly, growing translucent as beams of light stream from the ceiling projector. Prismatic rainbows envelope the hallway before they concentrate into a cloud of colors next to Cinder.

Cinder clears his throat.

“Welcome to the Imaginarium. This virtual space runs on an engine that defies the highest graphic definition, that moves at unparalleled speed, with algorithms so chaotic and so deep that its mysteries are as infinite as they are accessible. It runs on your imagination.”

Quote from: Color Cloud
The cloud resolves into the busts of two people, looking at a revolving sphere. One side is black, and the other is white. In the middle, grey.

“You will see different things, experience different things. It wouldn’t have been possible on text to give you the perfect sensory data. It wouldn’t be necessary. All I ask is that you do your best to fill in the gaps, or even build more upon it. Leave behind your conception of being PCs in a GM’s world. Sure, your avatars are still limited by the dream-logic that governs this place, but remember that you, too, is working to create the experiences that your avatars will go through.”

The color cloud begins to change shape again, but presumably Cinder is leaving some space for reactions.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2018, 06:25:43 pm »

"Well, this will be interesting. Looking forwards to it. All of it."

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2018, 06:23:53 am »

"Is this going to be like taking acid or some thing, sounds interesting ether way, also whats up with the giant heads looking at a planet?"
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2018, 07:16:20 am »

"Is this going to be like taking acid or some thing, sounds interesting ether way, also whats up with the giant heads looking at a planet?"
"This is your brain on imagination."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2018, 07:03:17 am »

"This is your brain on imagination."
"I'll take twenty."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2018, 02:52:31 pm »

"I see."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2018, 11:14:41 pm »

Hmm
This looks interesting enough, guess I'll just drop in and "start talking in quotation marks."
The blob of undifferentiated flesh that is named ER jiggles into being and then continues "dunno what I'll want my avatar to be here, so we'll just use something generic for now."

"So, what's going on here? Did someone mention danger? I love walking into dangerous situations and getting my avatar killed!"

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2018, 03:30:47 am »

"Well, don't expect outright danger until we're at the Virtual Rooms or the Holodeck. Speaking of that, though..."

Quote from: Color Cloud
The cloud resolves a painting. Color swims around and the subject seems to change.

"We're going to first visit the Art Gallery. Well, I say it's a 'gallery' but it's going to be small so that we can get on with our lives. And by art I mean automatons and lifelike creatures and some potentially dangerous gizmos and literal swords."

Cinder heads through one of the doors.

"After I'm done writing them up anyways."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2018, 04:00:33 am »

"Holodeck? Sounds way more fun than some art gallery. Do you have Punch Many Things installed?"

ER forms a bladed tendril and rips through a nearby bulkhead, then rolls through the hole into what it presumes to be the Holodork.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2018, 05:37:40 am »

"I guess I'll look at some art."
Fallows cinder threw the door.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2018, 02:54:26 pm »

"Works for me."

I follow Cinder into the Art Gallery.

Pages: 1 [2] 3