Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Where to embark?

A cold forest
An ordinary plain anywhere on the map
Right beside a mountain

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: MountainBreed - Dwarf Town - Sucession Game (Players needed!)  (Read 17530 times)

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
Re: New Succesion Game - Dwarf Town (+1 player to start)
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2018, 11:50:53 am »

(Sorry for double-post)
Tomorrow is holiday here in Brazil, so I'll have some free time (No work and college, how lovely!), all things considered, I should have a report of what I did tomorrow.
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Town of "BreedMountain" - Succesion Game (Players needed!)
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2018, 11:26:42 pm »

So, I checked the votes, and beside a mountain won, let me make a world.

Here's the settings I used to generate the world
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And Here's where we settling in

And finally, here's the supplies

Let the story begin:

15Th of Granite
We finally arrived! Goddamit, I couldn't stand this travelling anymore! So, we're here by orders of the queen herself, she claimed that the dwarves being "hidden" in the underground would leave them too vulnerable so we "needed" an above-ground safe and strong claim, thus was born "MountainBreed". The name is quite ironic, as we're not delving into the mountain as usual...
So, upon arrival, this is what I can see:

I immediately order some trees to be cut down and some plants gathered, we're gonna need those seeds ASAP. As everyone got to work, I remembered I dont know everyone in here yet, so I talked to everyone to find out what exactly are we working with:

Myself, "GPeter" - Just an ordinary Miner
"speciesunknown" - An Axedwarf who retired from battles, but did not retire his axe, he cut trees now, and does some casual brewing
"Kametec" - A Mason/Stonecrafter, someone who actually seems to know what he's doing at least, he'll be useful...
"comicraider" - A Blacksmith specialized in weapons forging
"Catten Monommorul" - A furnace operator who also does some Mason/Stonecrafting
"Dodok Stonducim" - Just an ordinary farmer/herbalist
"Dastot Loloketest" - Another farmer, but also a cook and herbalist

Anyway, even though we're not actually living in the underground (Still digesting that), we'll still use it a lot, especcially for mining, so I already got a little hallway dug out, wich will lead into the mines

Now that some trees have already fallen, I ordered a LongHouse built, we will build the closest to the mountain for now, maybe we grow outward later

27Th of Granite

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON IN HERE? I TOLD YOU GUYS TO BUILD THIS CARPENTER SHOP LIKE A YEAR AGO! WHY ISN'T IT READY YET?

Sir, we don't have any carpenters!

Oh... Fine, I'll do it myself then! Carpentry shouldn't be that difficult anyway...

Some days have passed, and people are complaining of the lack of beds, I told you guys I am a newbie in carpentry, dont rush me unless you want your bed to break itself apart during your sleep, It's not my fault that the queen did not send us a professional carpenter... anyway, we have built a dormitory, it just need some last touches on the roof, and a floor. AND, I already have plans of building a Tavern to store food, make booze and eat/drink it.

Between so many thoughts about the future of breedmountain, my greatest fear, one that brings chills down my spine just from hearing it came back to my mind... Lack of Booze. Luckily, we've got some plants which can be brewed, now I just gotta setup that Tavern... GUYS, WE'VE GOT WORK TO DO!

Within a record time, we put a Tavern up, and on Second floor, the Stills and Kitchens will work, and the Third floor will be the storage.

It is 7Th of Hematite right now, and IRL it's 01:26 AM (Brazil time), I'm gonna sleep right now, and later I'll finish my turn.
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: New Succesion Game - Dwarf Town (Players needed!)
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2018, 07:11:00 am »

I can has be dorfing as a tavern keeper?
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
  • The only person who cares about Tales from Entar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2018, 07:45:34 am »

I just realised sometimes mountain biomes don't let you farm above ground and panicked xD

Kametec_Housen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2018, 07:50:10 am »

I'd advise against having a tavern keeper and performers. They are a little overzealous in their duty and keep the drinks coming. To the point dwarfs start dying to alcohol poisoning.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2018, 08:02:12 am »

I'd advise against that you are definately be having a tavern keeper and performers. They are a little overzealous steadfast in their duty and keep the drinks coming. To the point dwarfs start dying to alcohol poisoning. Overall, brilliant idea!
Ftfw
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2018, 09:35:37 am »

I just realised sometimes mountain biomes don't let you farm above ground and panicked xD

Indeed, farming above-ground will be quite a challenge, but we can have other source of food, like animals, bit anyway, more challenging  ;)

I'd advise against having a tavern keeper and performers. They are a little overzealous in their duty and keep the drinks coming. To the point dwarfs start dying to alcohol poisoning.

Just let him be happy, c'mon... But, let's establish our alcohol industry first, booze will be infinite here.
I can has be dorfing as a tavern keeper?

I'll se about that.

I'm having a feeling that this place Is going to be too peaceful... I dont like that
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 09:39:05 am by GPeter »

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2018, 10:13:45 am »

Indeed, farming above-ground will be quite a challenge, but we can have other source of food, like animals, bit anyway, more challenging  :)

Depending how close to the mountains we are there may be a farmable area on the outskirts of the map, I'll search when I take over :)

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
Re: Succesion Game - Dwarf Town of MountainBreed (Players needed!)
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2018, 02:59:51 pm »

I'll join in. I already have great ideas for a massive tomb/death trap.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2018, 05:51:20 pm »

20Th of Hematite

Dammit, we're short on dwarfpower here, the work simply does not get itself done!

... I'll just shut up by now

We've got 6 extra dwarves, one of them being a Great Carpenter, thank god! There's also 2 farmers, one of them also being a doctor (Degel Allasrith), 2 Fisherdwarves (Useless) and 1 Great Potash Maker... Useless

The farmers will continue the way they arrived, I designated one of the Fisherdwarves as a our BookKeeper/Manager/Broker while the other will become a carpenter (Finally I can stop making barrels). The carpenter obviously will remain the same and the Potash Maker is now a furnace operator.

The BMB Office will be on the Tavern for now, we will build a real office for him later.

Now that I'm just a miner once again, I can finally start to do some digging, we're gonna need stone for blocks and also metals, we've got plenty of coal but no metal to forge... I just started digging and already found interesting stuff!

Now that we have an ore vein for gold and copper, I designated a furnace structure to be built below the dormitory (Just a house with room for four smelters and a stockpile on the second floor).

I'm also building a Blacksmith Shop to house our forges. Comicraider!

Yes sir?

I know you like forging swords and axes, but I'll need you to forge some golden toys right now.

With all this golden toys industry going on, I just remembered we dont have a Depot yet, so I'm gonna build one. AND the dumbass here ordered the blacksmith shop to be build a couple tiles smaller than what I wanted... deconstructing is such a pain in the ass...

I gave priority to the Depot, It's early Autumm already, so the next caravan should be close. In a few days, that's the result:

Even though the blacksmith shop is not ready yet, a forge has already been built and "comicraider" has been giving us lots of golden crafts to the point that he's a now a Metalsmith instead of a Weaponsmith, dont worry buddy, soon, you'll be forging Sword, Axes and Bolts nonstop.

Aaaand, they're here, exactly 4 days after the Depot got ready

For the next Overseer, I ordered more drinks and Iron/Bronze bars.

This is what they asked in return:

Those few gold crafts that comic made have valued over 16800 Dwarfbucks, but the caravan didnt have much useful, All I bought was some extra booze, LOTS of food, from meat to fish and cheese, AND I bought everything I could that was made out of Steel, for melting purposes.

For the next Overseer of this place, we're making stocks for the buildings on the floor above them, except for this stockpile above the dormitory, that's the one I'm using to store everything I bought that doesn't have a dedicated stockpile yet.

Unfortunately, all the steel bars we could get was mere 5 bars...

I've been having problems with the carrot seeds, we always run out of them. So I created a manager job "Brew drink from plant" that will repeat every time the Booze amount goes under 300, that should help keeping a steady supply of Carrot seeds, As the plump helmets that came with embark are almost gone, only 5 left.

Again... Not gonna complain tough, I kinda need the extra dwarfpower. 11 migrants, 10 dwarves and 1 dwarf larvae. I'll make good use of them.

With so many gold crafts that left with caravan, people will start to know that there's gold in "BreedMountain", I'm quite worried about this, we don't exactly have a defense... Actually all we have to defend ourselves is a retired Axedwarf with no armor whastoever! I'm getting at least 3 of the new migrants to the militia. species will train them, our new Axe Squad.

I also got someone to be a dedicated hauler, two more miners, an extra Mason/Stonecrafter, an Armorer/Blacksmith/Metalcrafter a cook and a brewer.

Say hello to out first military squad, The Blockaded Coalitions:

Before they begin training, they need equipment. The steel we've got is enough for the three battle axes, but that's about it, so I'm mining some copper for the rest of the equipment...

Barracks built (Still needs a floor), everyone got an axe, a shield, a breastplate and a leggings, now train! Btw, the barracks are first walls we built from blocks:

Winter is here, and I getting sick of being the leader of this place, I was talking to my friend Kamentec, and he agreed in taking over the leadership, but only once winter leaves... God only knows why... Anyway, there shouldn't be much going on this winter though...

I noticed the amount of animals we have

So I set up a Butcher shop under the Kitchen to slaughter them, the Dogs will be trained as War dogs

I also noticed that the last Bituminous Coal we brought on embark has been burned down, any extra coke we might want to use, will have to be burned ou mined, but we still have 309 coke availabe, so the next Overseer will have enough to think on a solution.

"Anyway, there shouldn't be much going on this winter though..."

Man... Kids these days... I'll just shut up already...

We didn't have a Craftsdwarf Shop (Kids on strange moods ALWAYS go for them), So I had to assemble one outside the main work area where our carpenters and masons are working

Please don't give me anything useless...

Surprisingly enough, It's not completely useless... Once we get nobles, this can help improve the quality of their rooms, Thanks kid.

Thus, A new year is born, and I can't be the leader of this place for not a single extra day, I'm passing the leadership to Kamentec...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's my turn everyone, here's the link for the save: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13782
Download it if you wish but keep in mind that, Kamentec is the one in line right now.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 08:15:25 pm by GPeter »

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2018, 05:52:06 pm »

I'll join in. I already have great ideas for a massive tomb/death trap.

Welcome Aboard!

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2018, 06:01:56 pm »

Quick one. I know we're reserving underground stuff for tombs and prisons (and maybe food storage, I've heard it stops it rotting as fast or something), what's the policy on basements? I was thinking of setting up a smithy that keeps the coal downstairs for convenience until we set up magma pumps.

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2018, 06:36:11 pm »

Quick one. I know we're reserving underground stuff for tombs and prisons (and maybe food storage, I've heard it stops it rotting as fast or something), what's the policy on basements? I was thinking of setting up a smithy that keeps the coal downstairs for convenience until we set up magma pumps.

I did think about that, and in fact, houses do have basements, so that will be allowed, I didn't do it though :/

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2018, 07:04:08 pm »

No worries :3 I plan on working on a couple of fleshed-out buildings and some high-rise housing anyhow, having a booze cellar for taverns would come in quite handy as well xD I build above-ground housing quite a bit for visitors and non-dwarf saves, so this stuff's second nature to me

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2018, 01:23:22 am »

Just to keep you guys aware, Kamentec already got the save, so we should get his report in a few days now...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11