Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17

Author Topic: Ema: a Story of Gods (Godgame) [Waiting Room]  (Read 16954 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Ema: a Story of Gods (Godgame) [Waiting Room]
« Reply #120 on: May 25, 2018, 11:45:27 am »

I... don't actually know a whole lot about it. I know it was tied to a divine language, but it certainly isn't common divine, because the whole thing got shuffled when the gods left. Let me pull up the basic laws of it, though.

Mind you, several groups rediscovered the divine language over the course of the Age of Mortals. However, just as it got shuffled at the end of the Age of Gods, I'm thinking it'll have been shuffled again at the dawn of the Age of Discord - befitting the name. I'll start you off by giving you 2d6 words/scriptwords and 1d6 runes that you still have access to; you'll be able to learn more with research and exploration.

You cast spells by constructing phrases and sentences with the words you know; the more precise you are, the more likely it is that you'll actually accomplish what you want to accomplish.

That all sound good?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 12:00:41 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 25, 2018, 12:02:21 pm »

"It sounds acceptable, though the method for gaining my starting words seems a bit dubious."
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 25, 2018, 12:08:27 pm »

"Wow, whoever created those laws sure did put a lot of effort and time on it! My favourite type of magic systems are the ones that use the voice, like song magic!" "Wouldn't it have been simpler to just use common divine? That would give you the bonus of being able to directly talk to mages in divine and also not having to learn another language to use the magic."
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 12:30:45 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 25, 2018, 12:22:34 pm »

"Wow, whoever created those laws sure did put a lot of effort and time on it! My favourite type of magic systems are the ones that use the voice, like song magic!" "Wouldnpt it have been simpler to just use common divine? That would give you the bonus of being able to directly talk to mages in divine and also not having to learn another language to use the magic."
It was supposed to use common divine. Something happened to it and it broke.
As for putting in a lot of time and effort? That they did. You notice the names of the months? Each pair is named after one of the four gods involved: Ceredion, Erin Quill, Shal, and Nike.

"It sounds acceptable, though the method for gaining my starting words seems a bit dubious."
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Do you have a different idea? I'm open to suggestions.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 12:30:54 pm by Glass »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 25, 2018, 12:42:40 pm »

"perhaps a 'starter spellbook' would be better. One of the main sources of magical energy was stone pillars, yes? Give me five words, in any combination of runes or script, with two or three that would allow me to create crude pillars to draw power from.

The other two could be of your choice or random, if you really feel sadistic, but the mere presence of such a utility spell would be extremely important for a sustainable mage given the laws I saw."
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 25, 2018, 12:50:38 pm »

Ok, fair enough.

Two of your starting runes will be 石 and 柱, "stone" and "pillar" respectively (yes, I am using mandarin characters for runes, just go with it). Just remember: while the pillars have large stores, they're hard to access, so you won't be able to draw a lot of magic from them until you've created some spell to do so.
You'll also have 睬, notice, as a starting rune.

For speech/script, you'll have projectile and stone. And if you're referring to a spellword, please always refer to them like that.
[Gold glow, color transparent.]

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 25, 2018, 12:58:28 pm »

A very small portal opens and a  voice goes through it

"Neeewww woorllld, waattcchh before opeeenn the waayy"

ooc: just PTWatching because I think maybe the game will be funny to watch, just made that in-game talking because I always think I might join someday with a god/other one that I never managed to play, but probably it won't happen
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 25, 2018, 01:01:12 pm »

Which game, main thread or my RTD?

You could probably join my game as the voice, to be honest...

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 25, 2018, 01:25:57 pm »

"understood. Shall we begin?"

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 25, 2018, 01:28:44 pm »

Yes, momentarily. Give me a moment to get everyone's sheets in order, as well as your starting situation.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 01:52:08 pm by Glass »

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 25, 2018, 01:44:08 pm »

To watch? both

to play it's mostly ema game, but I am very confused in my life and I don't know if i can manage to keep playing something

I also found funny of the fact that there is a game in the waitlist of a game (I got curious, what is needed in the game for the waitlist to move? a number of cycles? Emma's strain being torn apart? death and abandnoment of gods?)

Your RTD made me think that sooner or later someone will make a cross-dimensional game using all these worlds that were created in god-games, and as acter is in mostly god games someone playing as a priest of acter would be pleased to do this dimensional mission

until he/she/it enter that blue game where acter is mad
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 25, 2018, 01:50:57 pm »

Blue cancelled that game, actually.

Also, character sheets:
Spoiler: Tukay Dee (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Acheron (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tisreus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Arceriun (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 03:35:27 pm by Glass »

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 25, 2018, 01:51:44 pm »

I know, I PTWatched it and almost created a character
Novice english wordsmith

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 25, 2018, 02:07:51 pm »

Acter opens his book, laying the golden pages face-up. It appears they are blank, but then he seems to "shove" them toward the rest of the table, and suddenly, the entire surface looks like a landscape: your characters are near the gate to a city, or rather, running toward it, like many others. Close outside it is a forest, and a mountain further in the distance.
Even those of you that aren't attuned to magic can feel that something just shifted, and in a distinctly bad way. Behind you, the city is crumbling, as the runes that kept the skyscrapers secure and the many vehicles and floating islands airborne come undone. Fires are raging.

This very first turn won't involve rolls; I just want to know what you do with this situation. A little scenario to get a taste of your characters, you see.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 25, 2018, 02:21:42 pm »

"Acheron laughs at the collapse of civilization, as he sees the contructions crumble and fall." "He think this is probably the ecosystem finally fighting back againt the artificial and profaned constructions of mortals, the result of their explotation of the natural resources. Now, the enviroment fights back against it's exploiters." "He speaks to the rest: "Come! Come and see! This is the fall, the end of the world as we know it! I can feel it, the world is finally fighting back!" His insane and wild laugh resonating with the destruction going on!"
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17