Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17

Author Topic: Ema: a Story of Gods (Godgame) [Waiting Room]  (Read 16957 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Ema: a Story of Gods (Godgame) [Waiting Room]
« Reply #90 on: May 24, 2018, 12:42:16 pm »

But who is “They”?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 24, 2018, 12:50:21 pm »

"I refuse to answer that for the reasons I stated previously. If you must go meddling, do it cautiously when you ask ema, or the Decimarch."
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2018, 12:57:31 pm »

"But who are "They"?! I want to know!" "Inanis, if you have such valuable and vital knowledge of possible enemies, it would be best to share that knowledge instead of saving it until it is no longer relevant." "Yeah, what she said!"
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 24, 2018, 01:18:33 pm »

"But who are "They"?! I want to know!" "Inanis, if you have such valuable and vital knowledge of possible enemies, it would be best to share that knowledge instead of saving it until it is no longer relevant." "Yeah, what she said!"
No longer relavent, or too late. If this “They” is so dangerous, it would likely be better for us to know more about them, so as to be prepared if we encounter them.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 24, 2018, 01:39:07 pm »

"Prepared to run away! Because we don't want to die!" "Sadly, we care too much for our continued existence. If "They" show up and we have the choice between direct confrontation and risk our lives or leave and stay alive, we will attemp to leave and survive. Wander until we find another universe to stay at, like we have done before." "We will probably fight indirectly to protect Ema, but we're not going to risk our lives and get ourselves killed! Sorry, but death is painful!"
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 24, 2018, 01:40:56 pm »

"I will not say more, because to do so would be to have it acknowledge you, and the moment it does so, It is too late. better to be in blissful ignorance than to draw the ire of forces beyond true understanding."
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 01:42:57 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 24, 2018, 01:58:14 pm »

"Fine. But don't expect any help from us if they come for you.""I'm calling bs! I bet he's just saying that to spook us and trick us into leaving, so he has more chances to be picked from the wait list!"

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 24, 2018, 02:06:00 pm »

"Fine. But don't expect any help from us if they come for you.""I'm calling bs! I bet he's just saying that to spook us and trick us into leaving, so he has more chances to be picked from the wait list!"
"If they come for me, then that is what they will. I am powerless to stop them, but I can try to avoid drawing their attention. I honestly hope we get in at the same time, you are quite interesting. Two gods in the same body, wonder how that came to be. Maybe Veeki is your father?  Would be ironic if they were."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 24, 2018, 02:25:35 pm »

"No. We don't! We do not share bodies. Two gods, not one!  We're not the same. I am Eris, she is Discordia! Sisters. We're two. Don't ever mention that again! I need to keep the strife and hostility. Conflict I need to keep the madness and the randomness! Confusion!"

"I'm sorry, did you say anything?" "He didn't, Eris." "Okay, Discordia!" "We didn't talk about anything."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 24, 2018, 02:34:38 pm »

- -

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 24, 2018, 03:38:21 pm »

((Do you mind if I change my cosmetics on the character sheet (spheres, realm, true appearance) around a bit? I was very tired at the time I wrote the sheet so I didn't put much detail into the cosmetics as I would have liked. Sorry for any trouble this may cause.))

((Also, going to try and stay IC from now on.))

"This room is getting pretty boring, actually. Sure, I'll make a Roll to Dodge character."

Spoiler: RtD Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

"Never really talked with Ascended Ones before. How did you get your powers?"
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 08:18:09 pm by Iridium64 »
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 24, 2018, 03:50:23 pm »

Ah, welcome to the game, Kel.
As for how I became a god?... I kinda got torn across spacetime and spent a while glitching across the multiverse. After a while, I stabilized to a degree, and it turned out that I was immortal due to the whole mess. I decided to use that time I now had to study the various magics and sciences of the assorted universes I was able to visit, and after a while, making visits to and doing odd jobs for their pantheons.
I never really... set out to become a god? But one day I just woke up and thought to myself, "Huh. I'm probably at least as powerful as a minor deity." Turned out the local pantheon hadn't even considered that I might not be a god. So it just kinda happened to me.

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 24, 2018, 04:05:43 pm »

Huh. Interesting. I was really expecting something more... dramatic.

Anyway, Acter, when will the game start? Are we still waiting on players?
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 24, 2018, 04:08:00 pm »

"Your info has been updated Kel, enjoy your stay in the waiting room..."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 24, 2018, 04:12:04 pm »

Ah, welcome to the game, Kel.
As for how I became a god?... I kinda got torn across spacetime and spent a while glitching across the multiverse. After a while, I stabilized to a degree, and it turned out that I was immortal due to the whole mess. I decided to use that time I now had to study the various magics and sciences of the assorted universes I was able to visit, and after a while, making visits to and doing odd jobs for their pantheons.
I never really... set out to become a god? But one day I just woke up and thought to myself, "Huh. I'm probably at least as powerful as a minor deity." Turned out the local pantheon hadn't even considered that I might not be a god. So it just kinda happened to me.

"Congratulations on unintended ascendancy then, friend. To be fair, most gods have some tie or origins from or related to mortals, so unless you were actively trying to muscle in on another god In some way, most would likely pass you for being a nomadic one, like I am."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17