Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 27

Author Topic: The Liir Biocollective Empire Thread | Liir | GalactiRace  (Read 29299 times)

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Liir Biocollective Empire Thread | Liir | GalactiRace
« Reply #225 on: August 28, 2018, 04:37:12 am »

Loooooore Vote!!!

Frostgiants lore (4): Frostgiant, Doomblade, Rockeater, Jerick
Nakeems lore (0):
Jericks Lore (0):

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 28, 2018, 11:16:44 am »

Void Eyes
[Time: 2 Progress: 3 Cost: 1]
Sometimes the simple can prove challenging- in this case it's a matter of how best to create a modular system of biological passive optics. They must be capable of improving on base senses, but also utilitarian enough to be nigh universal in application. Sensitivity of the organs during the experimental growth phases unfortunately leads to large batches needing to be completely discarded, greatly increasing the amount of raw bio-material needed for the studies.

Void Eyes: 0/7 [2] | 165O + 50E | Rushed 0 Times | Nothing Invested

Prototype
[Efficacy: 4]
The final product, however, is quite competent. The void eye sensors are placed in clusters on various sections of external hull, with thick layers of transparent chitin protecting them from minor impacts. Slight flexing in these transparent layers in combination with a simple opacity filter on the eye itself allows limited telescopic vision. While entirely passive in their sensor ability, each cluster of eyes has its own tiny neural cluster whose only job is to reference the input from the eyes and isolate natural movement (such as from relative motion, space junk, orbital bodies, etc) from artificial movement (such as that of other ships) and they're quite good for this.

More eyes will be required for larger vessels due to their increased area, but (in general) the more eyes a vessel has, the better their combined abilities will be at identifying and tracking targets.

Void Eyes: | 25T 20O 100M 75E 0S | Capacity -2 | Power: -1 | Lightweight passive sensor clusters for visible and near visible radiation. Ships should have a number equal to their half their command score (round up) for standard effect, but increased numbers will result in better cross-referencing and improved tracking of fast moving or distant objects.

Pulse Organ
Progress: 13/15 (4)
Evil-Eye
Progress: 9/7 (5)  Project Complete!
Psionic Spine Launcher
Progress: 9/10 (5)
Troop Bay
Progress: 13/14 (3+3+4)
Vala'cra'denka
Progress: 7/18 (4)

The Liiran bio-science labs sing with life has hundreds of researches pursue far-flung projects, and the song is one of concordant harmony. Yes, they may sing of war and death, but they also sing of the hope of end to that struggle- of weapons made to keep a peace, flesh and steel bred for freedom's battle so that our kind may never know the peace of slavery again.

Revision Phase of Year 0 | All contest entries are due, in the core thread, at the end of this phase. See the OP of this thread for details.

Resources
Dice: 0
T: 14935 + 2500
O: 43270 + 7500
M: 44260 + 7500
E: 29270 + 5000
S: 3000 + 500

Spoiler: Active Projects (click to show/hide)

Liiran Technology List
Liiran Empire Planner
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 01, 2018, 11:29:15 am »

Can someone please post rhis in the main thread? I hate phoneposting with formatting. Feel free to suggest edits.

The ressurected ecology of Va'laara:
When the Liir returned to their ravaged home planet, they came home to a mess.  As the only planet to have escaped the scourge of the plague- the liir on the homeworld had performed their own rebellion- it wasn't a glassed over rock. It was, however and ecological ruin. The Suul'Ka had boiled the seas and bombed the surface, and mined in the scars their bombs had made. The machines were modifed where possible to destroy the traces of their oppressors civilization on the homeworld- diggers cleaned out mines carved out of the surface of the planed, giant ships towed to land the oceanic extraxtors poisoning the all-important sea. Once the rough work had been done, and  the planet cleansed of the presence of the enemy, the bioweavers of the Liir sang the song of creation. The refugees from the homeworld had passed on as many tales as they could, of the old, flourishing life that swam and floated in the deep. So they rebuilt the ecosystem, recreating genomes and releasing entire food chains into the wild. Where information was lacking,  the weavers hunted down fossils in the deep and listened to the ecosystem. Corals were lovingly nutured, the vast leviathan jellies drifted again in the deep ocean.

It was not a fast process. Even after a thousand years, the Liir had restored but a fraction of their world. The shallow reefs spanning the continental shelf where they made their home had begun to recover, and were showing the first signs of true vibrance. The depths had only just begun to be colonized, with bands swimming down to recolonize the starved and empty deep and reclaim the ruins of their old harvesting colonies. But the Liir had learned from their war. The landsuits that had enabled them to walk the surface long ago were refined, and the genesingers walked the land with the few engineers in their number, setting up new flows of food and construction material using the technology of their extinct colonizers.The small wildlife that formed the base of the food chain was brought back, and when the fleet returned, their resources and minds were put to the task. The reunification of the Liir did slow the rebuilding of the planet, but it was brief. Though the Watchers were still gone, finishing what the whole had started, the survivors were restoring their home for them to come to.

By the end of it all, the world was green again. While some continents still bore the scars of the orbital bombs, and the frilled trees would never grow again over the scars of the old mines and toppled mountains, the sea was vibrant. The coral had recovered, though the boil-scars and drone marks remained. The aquaculture farms returned, with the fish only looking no different from before. The deep was silent as ever, but the bands of Liir, now armed with weaponry from their oppressors, reported that the titanic lorgewhales and smolsquid were swarming as ever in the dark, politely ignoring the hunters as they sought out luminous globe plants- regrown but a short time ago.

Were it not for the genetic memory and the song of the Liir, Va'laara would still be scorched and broken, its seas full of carnivorous algae blooms competing for nutrition. But the Liir loved their home, and so they healed it.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 04, 2018, 05:23:51 pm »

Thorium glow reactor has auto-completed.
Psychic Pulse Detection has auto-completed.
Psionic Spine Launcher has auto-completed.
Troop Gestation Bay has auto-completed.

Design Phase of Year 1 |
Resources
Dice: 5
T: 17435 + 2500
O: 50770 + 7500
M: 51760 + 7500
E: 34270 + 5000
S: 3500 + 500

Liiran Technology List
Liiran Empire Planner
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 04, 2018, 05:51:49 pm »

Soo lets see.
Void eyes 2/7, we have 5 dice.
1 rushed dice to the void eyes, hope 2d6 is enough to roll a 5+
3 dice to the Vala'cra'denka for Completion (No rush.)
1 dice to the revision phase to create a val'den warform pattern.

Plan:Praying to RNGesus.
1 Die (Rushing) allocated to Void Eyes
3 Dice allocated to Vala'cra'denka.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 07:26:40 pm by frostgiant »

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 05, 2018, 09:36:54 am »

Plan: Pray to RNGesus (1): Frostgiant,

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 05, 2018, 09:38:26 am »

Plan: Pray to RNGesus (1): Frostgiant,
PfP +1
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 05, 2018, 09:44:18 am »

Plan: Pray to RNGesus (3): Frostgiant, Doomblade, Rockeater
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 05, 2018, 01:07:03 pm »

Plan: Pray to RNGesus (4): Frostgiant, Doomblade, Rockeater, Jerick

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 06, 2018, 08:02:42 am »

I know the lore contest is finished and I'm very late for it (I did only start writing this stuff 30 mins from the end of the contest after all, despite having several months notice :P) But since the gaians and [we] have some pretty decent long form lore I decided to write some.
Spoiler: A song of Silence (click to show/hide)
(Next part: "A song of Horror and still water")
I'm wondering what people think of this? Good, bad, too dark?

« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 10:26:05 am by Jerick »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 06, 2018, 10:18:53 am »

Part 1

Spoiler: Watcher (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 05:43:38 pm by Doomblade187 »

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 08, 2018, 06:02:01 pm »

Transferring discord Q&A over to the thread.
@GM  I have a question about the telepathic nexus.
If we put a Nexus on a drone ship (such as the Vala) will the forces under its command use its mind for the purpose of combat, or will the nexus come with Liir to use it and the Drone control will remain relativly teh same as if it was put on a crewed ship such as the node.

Nexus will come with Liir.

Though, an addendum to that- The Vala is highly regenerative, but she can't regenerate lost crew. Without the innate ability to run a crew of her own, the loss of those few command staff will essentially destroy the system until the Vala can be brought back to be re-crewed.

So we can use any Drone ship as a Command ship, and it won't be worse then using a crewed ship. Buut, if that module takes damage and the 2-3 liir that are on board die, then the nexus is taken out of commision even if The drone ship in question regenerates.
The node remains cheaper Then any form of command vala we make, But a command vala can mount more armor and weapons, and as such is less vulnerable individually.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 06, 2019, 09:56:03 pm »

Void Eyes
Progress:  7/7 (2+3) - Project Complete!  --- Rush Result: Bug Introduced!
Vala'cra'denka
Progress:  20/18 (2+2+6) - Project Complete!

Rush Bug - Void Eyes
The balance between sensitivity and fragility is always a delicate one. To sculpt an eye with the strength to look to the stars and not be blinded by the light, with the precision to peer into the void between worlds and not be lost in darkness, and with the resolution to identify the subtle shadows of any enemy vessel apart from lifeless rock- that has been achieved. However, during the push to equip ships with such eyes, a flaw was overlooked. An inborn predisposition to a form of cancer, caused by the stellar bombardment of the ocular tissue. This cancer, while treatable at a facility, cannot easily be excised in the field, and can spread throughout a living ship if left untreated- eventually fatally metastasizing across critical systems.

Any ship with void eyes has a small change to get ocular cancer damage at the end of a year. The more eyes, the more chances. Initially, this will only blind the affected sensor, but each year thereafter the cancer has a chance to spread to any other system. Any cancerous system is disabled and increases the chance of further spread. Cancer on a void-eye can be cured for free with a turn of maintenance. Any other system must be replaced at full cost.

Revision Phase of Year 1
Resources
Dice: 1
T: 17435 + 2500
O: 48355 + 7500
M: 51310 + 7500
E: 33470 + 5000
S: 3500 + 500

Liiran Technology List
Liiran Empire Planner
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 06:44:23 pm by Draignean »
---

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 06, 2019, 10:40:04 pm »

Create Ship template:
Val'den'Bal(1): Frostgiant

The val'den'bal is found in the saved ship designs tab of the empire planner if anyone wants to give it a once over.

EDIT:
Text summary of the Val'Den'Bal Corvette
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 01:02:11 pm by frostgiant »

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 07, 2019, 07:13:35 am »

Wow I honestly didn't expect to see this game again. It'll take a turn or two for me to get fully into this game and figure out what everything was again. So for that reason I'm going to trust Frost and vote with him on the Val'den'Bal

Create Ship template:
Val'den'Bal(2): Frostgiant, Jerick
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 27