Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27

Author Topic: The Liir Biocollective Empire Thread | Liir | GalactiRace  (Read 29298 times)

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Liir Biocollective Empire Thread | Liir | GalactiRace
« Reply #150 on: August 13, 2018, 09:39:57 am »

The low velocity might be a bit of a problem but if we have more than one we can have the one disabling external weapon systems on the enemy hull. They are built for fine control after all. A ship with several of those things on it will be a nightmare if it ever gets close. Couple that with layers of regenerating armour and we will be a pain in the ass to deal with.

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 13, 2018, 11:13:16 am »

The low velocity might be a bit of a problem but if we have more than one we can have the one disabling external weapon systems on the enemy hull. They are built for fine control after all. A ship with several of those things on it will be a nightmare if it ever gets close. Couple that with layers of regenerating armour and we will be a pain in the ass to deal with.

And their you go, my biggest problem with this. As its our ONLY weapon system, it's unreliable. The only way its sees use is if we can outrun our enemies AND close the difference before all of our ships are killed. And now the Node class can't contribute to engagments, because Giving the command ship the make our other ships not act like worms and run away a close-range weapon only is a bad idea.

We're bringing a ramming prow to a fight were everyone else has cannons.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 13, 2018, 11:26:13 am »

And their you go, my biggest problem with this. As its our ONLY weapon system, it's unreliable. The only way its sees use is if we can outrun our enemies AND close the difference before all of our ships are killed. And now the Node class can't contribute to engagments, because Giving the command ship the make our other ships not act like worms and run away a close-range weapon only is a bad idea.

We're bringing a ramming prow to a fight were everyone else has cannons.
Then let us revise our engines.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 13, 2018, 11:29:12 am »

The boredrive needs revising to eat less power. It eats 100 power and is something that we need on every ship.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 13, 2018, 12:17:33 pm »

And now the Node class can't contribute to engagments, because Giving the command ship the make our other ships not act like worms and run away a close-range weapon only is a bad idea.
If my math is right we aren't going to be able to give our node ships weapons at all if we want them to carry the sensors. As it stands a Node carrier equipped with a nexus, a pulse sensor and a drive system will need two reactors to work and will leave enough cap to squeeze in a single sublight drive organ. The drive uses a hundred power, the nexus uses 45 and the sensors use 40. So any drive capable ship that mounts either the nexus or the sensors will need a second generator as they only generate 125. We really need that boredrive to be far more efficient or the reactor to be smaller.
Spoiler: Probable Loadouts (click to show/hide)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 13, 2018, 12:19:20 pm »

And now the Node class can't contribute to engagments, because Giving the command ship the make our other ships not act like worms and run away a close-range weapon only is a bad idea.
If my math is right we aren't going to be able to give our node ships weapons at all if we want them to carry the sensors. As it stands a Node carrier equipped with a nexus, a pulse sensor and a drive system will need two reactors to work and will leave enough cap to squeeze in a single sublight drive organ. The drive uses a hundred power, the nexus uses 45 and the sensors use 40. So any drive capable ship that mounts either the nexus or the sensors will need a second generator as they only generate 125. We really need that boredrive to be far more efficient or the reactor to be smaller.
Spoiler: Probable Loadouts (click to show/hide)

Remember that power draw isn't constant. The bore drive only really needs to be active when jumping, and the pulse sensor likewise only needs to be active when you want a long range scan.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 13, 2018, 12:41:50 pm »

Right well, that changes a few things. Doesn't change the Warform any but it frees up 22 cap for the node carrier. Which means we can give it 2 more SDOs and 3 regen armour layers. Making it one tough ship.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 13, 2018, 12:45:34 pm »

If we plan to use the tentacles we probably should design stealth/ sensors manipulation/ mind manipulation makeing those who fly their ships less effective
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 13, 2018, 02:24:54 pm »

Right, that decrease how badly we need to tone down the power drain of the Drive. To the reactor just needs to be everything that we want used at the same time.
While turning everything off to jump is not optimal, its good enough for the basic drive before we get a better one.

What do we want to revise, the regiment of harmonies weapons maybe?

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 13, 2018, 02:35:43 pm »

Probably
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 13, 2018, 03:18:35 pm »

Ya.
Only other thing that I can think of right now (Be that I mean I am drawing a blank, their probably plenty of other thing we can do) is sticking a tiny bore drive on the tip of the tentacles and teleporting our melee weapon to them, quick stabs only though because trying to keep a hole open long enough to kill it with the tentacles normal means.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 14, 2018, 09:10:35 pm »

Hmmm.

Laser Weapons Revision:

The goal of this revision is to add mouths to the weapons of the Regiment of harmony to make "pew pew" noises. The weapons don't need to breathe to survive, but do need to to speak.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 14, 2018, 09:25:16 pm »

Space-time ripper's
An act created by one designer's annoyance over the limited range of the boarding appendages and their current spot of the only weapon of the liir, The space-time ripper is a revision into insanity. by taking a very, very small bore drive and placing it into the head of the hard Boarding appendages head. the Spacetime ripper will open a borehole close to the enemy ship. The boarding appendage is then able to spring out and strike the target quickly, before retreating into the borehole to save on the power cost that opening a borehole takes.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 14, 2018, 09:30:48 pm »

Laser Swarmers:

The current boarding tentacles are good, but lack a certain... range to them. As such, by drastically sizing up and refining the laser cell focusing, we can gain better usability of the tentacles. The final design has a large laser organ with refined focusing lenses and increased laser cell count on either side of the beak. In addition, the refined focusing lenses are to be passed back to the infantry regiments if possible.

Laser Swarmers (1) Doomblade
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 09:36:19 pm by Doomblade187 »

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 14, 2018, 09:34:29 pm »

Laser Swarmers (2) Doomblade, Frostgiant
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27