Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27

Author Topic: The Liir Biocollective Empire Thread | Liir | GalactiRace  (Read 29249 times)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Liir Biocollective Empire Thread | Liir | GalactiRace
« Reply #360 on: May 07, 2019, 01:53:22 pm »

It seems no plan was posted, so:
Organic and Production

Black Market:
Take those two offer on all they have:
- WTS: 5000 Organics | 1 Metal per unit
- WTB: 10,000 Metals | 1 Organic per 1 unit
Offer:
- WTB: 15,000 Organic | 9 Metals per 10 unit

Construction
Production points:
7054pp to black market event
rest to build an undying

TOMES
Hotel( HEP 5, Mining 2, Synthesis 5)
Foxtrot(HEP 5, Agri 2, Mining 1, Synthesis 5)
(Jeric's plan for refernce)

Fleet Orders

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tactics

Spoiler: Cover retreat (click to show/hide)

Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 07, 2019, 02:24:29 pm »

Quote from: Plan Juliet Front
Organic and Production

Black Market:
Take those two offer on all they have:
- WTS: 5000 Organics | 1 Metal per unit
- WTB: 10,000 Metals | 1 Organic per 1 unit
Offer:
- WTB: 15,000 Organic | 9 Metals per 10 unit

Construction
Production points:
1 Undying
1 Undying (partial 7054pp)

TOMES
Hotel( HEP 5, Mining 2, Synthesis 5)
Foxtrot(HEP 5, Agri 2, Mining 1, Synthesis 5)
(Jeric's plan for reference)

Fleet Orders

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tactics

Spoiler: Cover retreat (click to show/hide)

Pretty much a carbon copy of rockeaters plan but with the Juliet forces staying where they are and the pp is spent on a partial undying.

EDIT:
Quote from: votebox
Rockeater Plan ():
Plan Juliet Front (1): Jerick
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 06:15:04 am by Jerick »

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 08, 2019, 06:56:11 am »

Quote from: Votevox
Rockeater Plan ():
Plan Juliet Front (2): Jerick, Rockeater
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 08, 2019, 02:24:20 pm »

Rockeater Plan ():
Plan Juliet Front (3): Jerick, Rockeater, Rockeater
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 09, 2019, 01:33:36 am »

Rockeater Plan ():
Plan Juliet Front (3): Jerick, Rockeater, Rockeater

Black market Tech:
Rune stones (0):
Anti-Entropy Generator (0):
Hyper-Relativity (0)
Atomomancy (4): Jerick, Rockeater,Frostgiant, Doomblade
Singularity Containment Protocols (1): Mop
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 11:17:08 am by Rockeater »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 09, 2019, 11:55:03 am »

Rockeater Plan ():
Plan Juliet Front (3): Jerick, Rockeater, Doomblade

Black market Tech:
Rune stones (0):
Hyper-Relativity (0)
Atomomancy (4): Jerick, Rockeater,Frostgiant, Doomblade
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 13, 2019, 12:59:59 pm »

Contract Ritual- Female Contractor thaumaturgy enhancement

The watchers have offered quite the interesting… I suppose the best way to say it is Ritual.
This ritual involves a very specific set of instructions in order to accomplish the most interesting result.
Through the use of an Old Priest, a young priest, A malfunctioning borehole drive and a very specific telepathic message, we have been capable of making contact with… Something through the malfunctioning borehole.

In exchange for the blood of the recently slain, Normally quite the horrifying proposition if you were incapable of the creation of non-sentient life like the liir, The Beings on the other end of the portals were willing to make packs with those that were their species equivalent of female. This pack is only available to those who are capable of the bearing of young, Strangely enough. Something about “25th dimensional soul harmonics” and “4th meme anti-universal parodistic resonance”
When questioned on why these being were willing to make such contracts in the first place, the responses seem to range from personal amusement to “maintenance of the local universal drome against the effects of universal Grandmaster entropy” depending on the day of the week and the Contractor we had managed to contact.

Once the pack is made, The female in question will gain quite a few perks.
The first is the creation of an “Ego-Stone” or as it could more commonly be called by the stories tellers of the liir a phylactery. As long as the phylactery of the contractor is intact, they will never die.
When their body suffers mortal wounds they will heal, when it's reduced to nothing but atoms, those atom reform themselves back at their phylactery. A truly astounding series of the phenomenon.
If the phylactery is destroyed, then death is quite instantaneous of course, with their bodies quickly being reduced to nothing more then dust and atoms.

The second perk of the contract is the creation of a so-called transformed state.
While the specifics of a transformed state very much is fully dependent on the individual, they all possess many similar abilities such as a defensive phenomenon ranging from skin comparable to military grade chitin to energy shields capable of deflecting Note laser fire for prolonged periods of time, or a general physical enhancement giving them the ability to run at speeds typically reserved for transport bioforms and the ability to dent metal with their bare hands.

The last commonly possessed ability is the creation of various forms of energy “bullets” and lasers.  This provides white the offensive bite to those contracted, who are capable of creating barrages of small-scale projectiles near instantaneously or switch to doling out powerful vehicle, or even artillery, grade beam weaponry as the situation requires.
The only limitation on these phenomenon seems to be that the more Energy constructs or defensive phenomenon the contractor is required to create and use, more stamina is consumed. When a contractor pushes themselves to far, this can lead to the involuntary transformation back to their untransformed state, losing all defensive phenomenon and other enhancements until such a time that they have rested, or even if they push themselves hard enough the complete loss of physical form until their bodies have rested long enough to manifest themselves back at their phylacteries.

Further testing will be required in order to better understand the effects of contracts, along with how the personality, psionic ability and biological abilities of the contractor affects the resulting abilities granted by the creation of such a contract.

Considering the Gaians still aren't finished, and votes won't be locked till Wednesday I feel like there is still time to propose a different black market tech
I present a wonderful Idea that rockeater had, Elder God Magical Girls.
Rockeater Plan ():
Plan Juliet Front (4): Jerick, Rockeater, Doomblade,Frostgiant

Black market Tech:
Rune stones (0):
Hyper-Relativity (0)
Atomomancy (3): Jerick, Rockeater, Doomblade
Contract Ritual- Female Contractor Thaumaturgic enhancement (1):Frostgiant

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 15, 2019, 07:14:21 pm »

Strategy and black market votes locked.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 12, 2019, 11:30:42 pm »

India
The single transport Vala that bores its way into India is, blessedly, alone. It wends its way, quite uninterrupted, into orbit around the planet designated India, and fires its payload of notes into its surface.

Work done, the great beast settles into a passive pattern of patrolling and keeping watch - waiting for any sign of danger.

On the Ground
Unimpeded, the notes on the ground explore India. They find it to be a terrestrial planet, with moderate oceans, relatively mild atmospheric conditions, and with an unusual number of radioactive elements present in the flora and fauna. Life seems to have adapted well here, and more than once the Notes have to ply their thermal beams to discourage particularly aggressive life forms.

T   2240
O   6675
M   6275
E   2540
S   500

2 Dominion Gained

From fulfilling black-market contracts, you will receive 14250 Organics at the cost of 15000 metals.

Event Outcome:

1. You have come in second place for the black market bid. You will receive minor advantage on your black market project during the design phase.

2. You have lost the contest for most interesting technology design. The Atomancy Gems are neat, but they lack the limitations and restraints that I was looking for in this contest. I was looking for something more like the bore drive, an impossible technology with multitudinous applications gained by exploiting its single, narrowly defined, function.  By contrast, the atomantic gems have a massive breadth of application - to the point that there's very little that could not be reasonably achieved with them.

While I've come up with a number of limiting factors that will be applied, the technology you've presented boils down to magic rocks that change stuff. That's not bad as a starting point, but it never really fleshes them out beyond that.

Design Phase of Year 4
Resources
Dice: 5
T: 19809 + 3112
O: 24839+ 10565
M: 39976 + 9721
E: 31763 + 5379
S: 4577 + 675

Veil Piercer as Auto-completed

Spoiler: Active Projects (click to show/hide)

Liiran Technology List
Liiran Empire Planner

Spoiler: Current Deployments (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 12:06:22 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 13, 2019, 01:09:03 am »

A lot of very useful revision ideas so I don't think a design is a good idea this turn.
Quote from: design
No die spent:(1) Rockeater

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 13, 2019, 06:51:55 am »

A lot of very useful revision ideas so I don't think a design is a good idea this turn.
I disagree I think we need something that can hit larger enemy ships hard. Our overall firepower seems lacking in that regard so I'm going to suggest the Wraith Generator again. Bonus points because it can ignore enemy PD.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 13, 2019, 07:08:15 am »

Fair, but there are a lot of revisions we can use:
A bore 2 Vala template
Better pd: fix the melstorm or do something inspired by it
Fix the mind-jummer if we use it
Fix ground troops
Allow spine to handle better with pd: even if we go with wraith generator we will still use it for a while and it's still good.
Smaller reactor seems to be useful

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 13, 2019, 08:29:03 am »

Quote from: VoteSquid
Wraith Generator: (1) Doomblade
No Dice: (1) Rockeater

Wraith generator  is a good extreme range weapon that I doubt anyone will see coming, and we should go ahead and start it.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 13, 2019, 10:19:18 am »

Quote from: VoteSquid
Wraith Generator: (2) Doomblade, Jerick
No Dice: (1) Rockeater

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 13, 2019, 11:15:18 am »

One gun spawning several thousand phasing, seeking, invisible, multi shot, anti personnel missiles at extreme range might be a wee bit of a stretch.
---
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27