Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 27

Author Topic: The Liir Biocollective Empire Thread | Liir | GalactiRace  (Read 29279 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: The Liir Biocollective Empire Thread | Liir | GalactiRace
« Reply #240 on: March 07, 2019, 03:10:17 pm »

Create Ship template:
Val'den'Bal(3): Frostgiant, Jerick, Doomblade
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 09, 2019, 07:22:34 pm »

Val'Den'Bal Pattern
[Efficacy: 3] No Cost Change
Great farms are constructed to weave flesh and steel as one, breeding out legion of combat-ready Val'Den. There is pride in the endeavor, and sadness. It is a hard duality, to love the work, the joy of creation- and yet knowing that such things are meant to both dispense and endure a life of fire and death.

For the innocent to remain, the wise must make sacrifices. Even of their own conscience.

Val'Den'Bal Pattern 3275 PP
x1 Val'Den Hull | 0T 200O 70M 40E 0S
--> 4x Evil eye | 0T 90O 10M 30E 0S |
--> 1xOrganic boredrive | 100T 100O 25M 150E 25S |
--> 1xThorium glow reactor | 150T 400O 50M 50E 0S |
--> 1xVoid Eyes | 25T 20O 100M 75E 0S |
--> 1xSublight Drive organ | 75O + 50E |
--> 1xRegenerating carapace plating  | 20M +100O |
--> 1xTelepathic organ

Production/Deployment Phase of Year 1
Resources
Dice: 0
T: 17435 + 2500
O: 48355 + 7500
M: 51310 + 7500
E: 33470 + 5000
S: 3500 + 500

Spoiler: Active Projects (click to show/hide)

Liiran Technology List
Liiran Empire Planner

PSA: Two things.
1. Remember to include a tactical doctrine with your fleet deployments.
2. Please keep your production and deployment plans in the below format.

Spoiler: Production&Deployment (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 07:39:51 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 09, 2019, 10:15:12 pm »

I suggest we land on Hotel and start colonizing.

Alternatively, we could try for the multi-pip planet and build shit up long term.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 10, 2019, 03:40:46 pm »

Plan: Colonization fever

Ship production
Produce 10 Val'den'bal Corvettes via production Points.
Produce 4 Matriarch  transport Cruisers (3625 O x 4=14500O)
Produce 4 Herd Leader cruisers (  7830 O x 4 = 31320))
Produce 12 Regiments of Notes (175O x 12 =2100O)
Total expense
T 5340
O 47920
M 27020
E 14760
S 200

Fleet designations, 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th fleets.
1st fleet:
command cap 29/35
1 Herd leader Cruiser (+20 Command cap, -12 cruiser)
1 transport cruiser -12 cap
5 Val'Den'Bal -5 cap
3 Regiments of Notes
-Move to Foxtrot system and begin colonization.
-In case of combat, Close to knife fighting range and destroy the enemy.
-Prioritize the survival of cruiser level ships.

2nd fleet 24/35
1 Herd leader cruiser
1 transport cruiser
3 Regiments of Notes
-Move to Foxtrot system and begin colonization.

3rd Fleet 29/35
1 herd learder
1 transport cruiser
5 Val'Den'Bal corvettes
3 regiments of notes
-Move to Hotel system and begin colonization.

4th fleet 24/35
1 Herd leader cruiser
1 transport cruiser
3 Regiments of Notes
-Move to Hotel system and begin colonization.

Spoiler: Herd leader Cruiser (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 04:00:57 pm by frostgiant »

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 10, 2019, 03:44:32 pm »

I see no issues with this plan
Quote from: votes
Plan: Colonization fever
Let's go settle some worlds!

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 10, 2019, 04:01:25 pm »

Plan: Colonization fever (2) : Jerick, Frostgiant

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 10, 2019, 05:08:43 pm »

Plan: Colonization fever (3) : Jerick, Frostgiant, Doomblade

*sows wild oats*

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 10, 2019, 06:49:21 pm »

Plan: Colonization fever (4) : Jerick, Frostgiant, Doomblade, Rockeater
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 11, 2019, 03:08:12 pm »

Revision from Frostgiant: Add a small set of Organelles to the thorium reactor that produce a subset of Natural killer cells, These cells hunt down and eliminate the Cancer that manifests in the void eyes and any future forms of cancer. Once these cells have gorged themselves on cancerous tissue enough and are nearing the end of their life cycle, They are then used to enhance the reaction in the thorium reactor via acting as catalysts during the throium glow reaction. This increases the power output while also eliminating cancer produced by other subsystem in the organism.

EDIT:

The Vel'Domil:

A destroyer class space-form in the shape of a Terran "Squid", the Vel'Domil is a repair and support focus ship. The "head" and main body of the ship is wrapped in a thick layer of cartilage on all sides but the rear, and the internals are built with stiff redundancies and regeneratitive technology, similar to the Vala'Crenka. Where the construction differs is that the center of the ship is built with a node control center and contains passageways for Liir within the creature to travel towards the base of the tentacles. The tentacles have suckers on the inside, and each sucker contains a large stinger used to inject regenerative microbes and needed nutrients into the target they are clamped to. The needed nutrients and organics are stored in the very front of the ship, in a segmented tank zone made from cartilage and regenerative carapace. The purpose of the travel paths is to allow the tentacles to be directed: in addition to healing, they can remove sections of armor and cross-compatible organs to make transplants to get other space-forms running at the cost of taking components from damaged or even (freshly) dead spaceforms.

Behind the storage tanks lies the real defense of the ship: the creature mind. The creature mind of the Vel'Domil is heavily optimized to project a strong telekinetic shield in front of the craft, wrapping around the armored head for extra protection and in a curving half-dome around the "repair" area. The built in node command center is entrenched behind this, surrounded by a layer of shock-absorbing non-newtonian fluid waterlocks.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 06:10:35 pm by Doomblade187 »

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 11, 2019, 06:21:51 pm »

Cal’reen
A wasp-like bioform, created to operate in the void independently of their host. The Cal’reen is a symbiotic species, and have been designed to attack threats to the host. These threats are determined via the host own brain (and through it the telepathic organ) and a series of instinst which help it identify targets.
The Intincts of the Cal’reen direct them to attack slower moving projectiles and any other form of void born craft, such as enemy planes or fighters and/or lifeforms.

They are fully designed for life in the void, and are capable of surviving exposure to vacuum, while its feeding requirements are taken care of inside of its hive aboard the host ship.

When in combat, The Cal’reen propel themselves via 4 stubby “Wings” mounting miniaturize Sublight drive organs, allowing it to maneuver through the void and keep pace with its targets.

The Cal’reen mount two upguned Eye lasers similar to the Notes and the evil eyes. These are placed on two arm capable of pointing in almost any direction. This improves the Cal’reen’s ability to chase down its targets, as its primary objective is the protection of its hive and as such the Host. This means that fighters or missiles on a course to the ship are more likely to be targeted then the ships firing them.

If attacking a large ship, The Cal’reen can use its final weapon, a Psionic spike embedded inside of its abdomen, Jabbed into the target are hard as the Cal’reen in question can after making an attack run. The subsequent detonation, partially inside of the Cal’reen already is certain to kill the attacking drone.

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 15, 2019, 03:11:20 pm »

Hollow world

In Liir fiction, the idea of an inner ecosystem powered by the core of the planet in replacement of the sun is a persistent, if laughable idea. The great thing about fiction is that it can explore ideas that aren’t possible in real life.
On the other hand, the liir are quite good at what they do, and an ecosystem is child’s play for the resources of the Biocollective.

The Hollow world project is a large scale structure, capable of being built anywhere as the outer shell can be placed fully underground, underwater on land and partially buried or even in orbit with sufficient effort, where ever there is a sufficient amount of free realist state.

The Hollow world is a 50km radius orb, Made from various layers of carapace required to hold the sphere in tack at its size, as well as regenerated any damage that might occur, either on the inside of the Hollow world, or the outside.

Afterward, inside the layers of building carapace varies layers of sub organism are set.  Near the top are sets of light energy or any other form of energy that is deemed necessary. Heating organism’s, filter organism, watering organism. Everything needed to create a self sufficient ecosystem within the hollow world that will be thriving with life.

Afterward, The Hollow world is filled with Materials and various organic life forms. Everything from scavengers, tree’s, fungus’ mold, ferns, herbivores and carnivores. An entire specially designed ecosystem from the ground up.
The plants consume outside resources and absorb energy provided by the workers of the facility, similar to the sun eater. These plants form the lowest run on the food chain of the ecosystem, which are eaten by the various herbivores. The lifeforms have been specially modified; Their intestinal system and digestion system is the biological equivalent to a purification plant for organic matter. As the nutrients and materials that had initially eaten by the plants are passed up the food chain, they are furthermore refined.
The excrements of these life forms take the forms of various quality levels of organics. Simulated rainfall and specially designed small drones, designed to be unappetizing to the ecosystem creatures, carry the excrements away to be filtered from the Hollow world resources and collected.

The entire hollow world acts a near self-sufficient refinery, capable of producing large amounts of organics of a variety of purity’s, forms and quality.

Of course, as living creatures breed and die, random mutations are always a possibility.  The worst-case scenario would be a random mutation that changes the digestive system and the excrements, making them useless for the purpose of the hollow world.
This has been prevented via a change in the sensory organs and brain of the various species. Creatures that are not producing the correct substance, smell sick to other of their species and especially delicious to carnivores higher on the food chain. This should prevent the mutant in question from breeding and will quickly be eaten. A similar mutation takes place for those without these modifications.
Other then that, Mutations are merely categorized and are generally left alone.

In the event of a mutation that benefits the system, the mutation will be categorized, encourage in the current Hollow world and used for any future construction.

The hollow world model allows us an easy test bed for promoting a beneficial mutation we desire and for the testing of a variety of bioforms under a massive assortment of the condition, Requiring only a modification to the brain of the creatures and the digestive system for them to be viable. This makes it rather useful for the stress testing of any new biological forms we require.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 16, 2019, 06:52:08 am »

Translated  from pages found in the last desert of the Liir planet.

If you read this I am already dead, more important is that you are probably not a free Liir, as free Liir don't read.

I am not why I chose to join the Ba'Liir in the destruction of the remaining of the Suul'Ka empire, I was a young Liir who just escaped a slave colony and I just agreed to stay help destroy worlds just for a planet I may never see, in the end this was probably the best choice I made in my life, It allowed me to see what was the greatest weapon the Suul'Ka  ever had.

Most would think that their greatest weapon would be their massive battleships or soldiers willing to fight alone against entire planets and equipment that allowed them to win those battles, but no, I saw their records on the ships I lived on, their greatest weapon was fear, entire empires surrendered of the mere thought of a Suul'Ka coming towards them, and it fell because of the Liir.

With this the Liir could become the ruler of this galaxy, all we need to do to prove that we can do it again, make the virus again and we can shape this world as we see fit, but it seems my brothers and sisters disagreed.

I am now due for the greatest trail in the Liir history for what they call the greatest crime, and suffer the worst of punishments, I can hear them change the songs of me now.

This is my record.
[Tu’Ada]
Elder of the Ba'Liir

Any probeloms?
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 16, 2019, 08:48:21 pm »

Kaleidoscopic Membrane

Many aquatic creatures have a transparent membrane as an eyelid. The ability of light to be scattered and spread out through a skeidoscope is encoded in this durable but transparent lense, which can cover the main lense of the Evil Eye of Ba'al, or retract to allow normal laser behavior. The scattered beams will make tracking small, fast targets easier.

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 16, 2019, 10:03:02 pm »

Kaleidoscopic nictitating membrane

In order to better improve the Evil eye's ability to shoot down numerous small targets such as fighters and missiles, we have added a nictitating membrane capable of sliding in front and off of the eye as needed.
This nictitating membrane is specialized to diffuse the laser into smaller lasers, creating a shower of deadly laser fire.
The multi-prismed nature of the kaleidoscope membrane allows the laser to be scattered into many individual lasers, while at the same time concentrating these new lasers enough to ensure they are capable of doing their work without diffusing the laser so much that it becomes useless

These scatter-fired lasers will be used to deal with massed enemy projectiles. This nictitating membrane is capable of sliding on and off the evil eye rather fast, literally in the blink of an eye. This makes it easy for the evil eye to switch back and forth from Point defense and anti-ship work as required.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 17, 2019, 10:01:13 am »

Landing on Foxtrot
The notes that are fired into the soil this world have a difficult timer, largely due to the fact that soil is a generous word. The earth of the planet is rocky, with large metallic chunks embedded in the soil that challenge the burrowing process. Worse,  while what indigenous life is on the planet is unthreatening it's also poisonous and difficult for the notes to integrate. Even so- the greatest issue with expansion is from the peculiarly angular extrusions of hardened ore that seemed to have erupted from the planet many millennia ago, and which greatly complicate hive networks.

Dominion: 4/10

Size: 6
T: 1565 | 1%
O: 5210 | 2%
M: 8940 | 18%
E: 3732 | 6%
S: 600 | 0%

Landing on Hotel
On this world the challenges are similar- though the world is too small to carry more life than primitive microscopic organisms that live and die over the span of centuries within the crust and plates of the planet. The entire world has a scabrous look to it, the lithic bacterium engendering fragile sheetlike formations of rock that crumble at the slightest touch and float away in the minimal gravity.

Dominion: 4/10

Size: 1
T: 475 | 18%
O: 945 | 20%
M: 1495 | 1%
E: 700 | 22%
S: 100 |  0%

Design Phase of Year 2
Resources
Dice: 5
T: 14595 + 2500
O: 7935 + 7500
M: 31790 + 7500
E: 23710 + 5000
S: 3800 + 500

Spoiler: Active Projects (click to show/hide)

Liiran Technology List
Liiran Empire Planner

Spoiler: Current Deployments (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 11:06:22 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 27