Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27

Author Topic: The Liir Biocollective Empire Thread | Liir | GalactiRace  (Read 29283 times)

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Liir Biocollective Empire Thread | Liir | GalactiRace
« Reply #120 on: June 04, 2018, 03:41:34 pm »

Seems fine to me.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 04, 2018, 04:50:31 pm »

Citizens of the Galaxy, today is a day of Truth/Light/Moral Upheaval!

The Skulking Menace, the Hivers has contacted us, with a fickle promise, a conversation/dialogue/treachery of uniting together to destroy the Gaians. This will not stand; if the Hivers can propose what amounts to the extermination and elimination of an entire species with the casualty of a dinner conversation, what else will are they willing to do with such casual disregard for life/BioCollective/Gaians?

When will they stop? What is too much for them, and when does that mean all of our deaths/Enslavement/Capture?

No. We will not stand. We publicly proclaim with force that we will not abide by this treachery/Zeal/Genocidal Intent of the Hivers, and we are sending a message to both Humanity, and to the Skulking Menace of the Hivers.

Too the Gaians of Humanity, we have determined that this information will result in less then amicable relations between your species and the Hivers, and to this end we cannot abide the bitter//deathly/withering of the galaxy through combat, and we henceforth but down the ultimatum that All combat/debate/destruction must never be committed against the Hivers on face of the beginning of an oppression campaign against both combatants.

Too the Hivers, we are disgusted by your plain attitude of open discussions that begins and ends with the exploitation/extermination of an entire species/lifeform/society, and we will politely explain ourselves once; we feel that the word angry is a perfect description of the equivalent emotion that we feel against you. We angry/disgusted/disappointed at you, so we will no longer consider any type of alliance, trade-agreement or other type of diplomatic songs with the involvement of Biocollective/us until we feel that reparations have been collected for this strike against the peacefulness of the stars.

Furthermore, we believe your crusade/extermination campaign/war is entirely unwarranted against the Gaians, and we demand that you cease such discussions on this topic or be faced with a suppression campaign/Peacekeeping effort. Deplorable acts such as continued arms build up or rampant and heedless exploitation of worlds in pursuit of constructing a pointlessly ruinous/corruptive/evil Military Industrial Complex will result in the declaration of a suppression campaign and the full brunt of our forces arrayed against yours for the purposes of peace-keeping/safety of the galaxy and its singers.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 04, 2018, 09:07:57 pm »

My version:

Citizens of the Galaxy, today is a Day of Truth/Light/Revelation

Within the previous Interstellar Fortweek, the Hivers have contacted us with a conversation/dialogue/treachery, a proposal of an alliance together to destroy the Gaians. This will not stand; if the Hivers can propose what amounts to the extermination and elimination of an entire species with the all the care of a dinner conversation, what else are they willing to do with such casual disregard for life/BioCollective/Gaians?

This proposal/war effort disgusts the BioCollective, and we will not stand for this. We will not abide by this treachery/zealous/genocidal intent of the Hivers, and we are sending a message to both the quiet but lively Gaian Regime, and to the single song of the Hivers.

To the Gaians, the BioCollective have determined that this information will result in less then amicable relations between your species and the Hivers, and to this end we cannot abide the darkening/quieting/withering of the galaxy through combat, and we henceforth sent forth the ultimatum that we will directly oppose any combat/destruction/military action between nations. Should combat occur, we shall begin a peacekeeping campaign against both combatants as to prevent the galaxy from burning in the fires of a war of extinction.

To the Hivers, we are disgusted by your carefree attitude of open discussions that begins and ends with the extermination of an entire species/lifeform/society, and we will explain ourselves once and only once; we feel that the word angry is a perfect description of the equivalent emotion that we feel against you. Due to the disappointment you have caused through your actions, we will no longer consider any type of alliance, trade-agreement or other type of diplomatic songs with the involvement of Biocollective until we feel that reparations have been collected for this strike against the peacefulness of the stars.

Furthermore, we believe your proposed war of extinction/extermination is entirely unwarranted against the Gaians, and we demand that you cease actions towards this end or be faced with a Peacekeeping campaign. Deplorable acts such as continued arms build up or rampant and heedless exploitation of worlds in pursuit of constructing a pointless and ruinous/corrupting/silencing Military Industrial Complex will result in the declaration of a suppression campaign with the full brunt of our forces for the purposes of peace-keeping, such that not even one singer in this Galaxy, however quiet their song, loses their voice.

Spoiler: Evidence (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 07:57:51 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 03, 2018, 09:45:12 am »

The Breach
[Efficacy: 2]

The improvements to the Thorium glow reactor prove... modest, at best. The Cylindrical space reconfiguration yields a few percent of increased efficacy, but leads to troublesome edge cases where isotopic waste gets pushed to the chamber edges and creates flow turbulence that impedes the reactor. The Lead-Osmium scaling, while it succeeds in reducing the amount of shielding required, isn't capable of major re-adaptation. It's a theoretical possibility, but the poisonous nature of the two metals, combined with the hazardous environment, prevents the early work from finding a cellular bonding structure that maintains both motility and survivability.

Thorium Glow Reactor Size cost reduced from 25 to 22.

Design Phase of Year -3

Resources
Dice: 10
T: 7500 + 2500
O: 22500 + 7500
M: 22500 + 7500
E: 15000 + 5000
S: 1500 + 500

Spoiler: Active Projects (click to show/hide)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 03, 2018, 01:19:41 pm »

So do we push the thorium glow, star eater, or both?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 03, 2018, 02:16:13 pm »

Thought we do groud force
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 03, 2018, 02:22:52 pm »

Oh. Yes. We need that. Also guns.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 03, 2018, 02:23:52 pm »

Wanna call Fallacy to suggest his inevetble thing or you prefer we don't?
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 03, 2018, 06:17:46 pm »

Y'know, I am actually a part of this team. Even if I seem invisible sometimes.

Do not speak my name or I will come.

Ahem...

Gratha'ka Self-Reproducing Hunter-Killer Drone:
We are going to need some kind of infantry unit. With that said, what better infantry than something that can self-reproduce? The Gratha'ka is our attempt to create a self-sustaining infantry unit. The Gratha'ka is a four-legged furred beast. The fur may seem useless, but when the Gratha'ka use carbon to generate the fur? It's effectively biological carbon nanotube armor. The four legs of the Gratha'ka are optimized for rapid bursts of speed. Truly, the Gratha'ka is a predator. Its aggression is such that it would tear apart foes with its bare teeth and claws(which have been optimized to chew through armor). A telepathic organ in the skull allows for remote guidance of groups of Gratha'ka.

The Gratha'ka eat. This goes without saying, but what should be noted is what they do with what they eat. They make more Gratha'ka. Every Gratha'ka is both male and female, able to share their genetic code and bear a child Gratha'ka. They are optimized for rapid creation of offspring, proportional to how much extra food they make. We could drop a few Gratha'ka on a planet and they would reproduce naturally, creating a controllable army.

A few final tweaks, like night vision and improved senses finish off the Gratha'ka.

First draft.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 03, 2018, 06:29:54 pm »

You didn't suggest cat people which is both surprising and disappointing, but I do want something with range capacity so I'll wait.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 03, 2018, 06:33:30 pm »

You didn't suggest cat people which is both surprising and disappointing, but I do want something with range capacity so I'll wait.
It's more like cat monsters.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 04, 2018, 02:07:28 pm »

Quote from:  Gratha'ka Self-Reproducing Hunter-Killer Drone (Jerick's draft)
Gratha'ka Self-Reproducing Hunter-Killer Drone:
We are going to need some kind of infantry unit. With that said, what better infantry than something that can self-reproduce? The Gratha'ka is our attempt to create a self-sustaining infantry unit. The Gratha'ka is a four-legged furred beast. The fur of the Gratha'ka is made of keratinized, tightly knit, interlaced carbon structures that is woven into long but resilient strands. When threatened the fur stands up and stiffens providing a large deceleration buffer for incoming projectiles to be slowed and weakened by their fur. This fur also acts as a ablative armour against energy weapons, helping to dissipate the incoming energy blasts. The Gratha'ka form claws differently to their fur, the Gratha'ka can ingest many inorganic materials and deposit these materials in complex structures with the same kind of keratinized, interlaced carbon structures as in their fur acting as a scaffold. This means the sharpness and material properties of their claws often relates to the material properties of any amour the enemy is wearing. The four legs of the Gratha'ka are optimized for rapid bursts of speed, it's body is sleek and it's paws are webbed. While at full speed the Gratha'ka's waterproof fur lies flat allowing better aerodynamics. Truly, the Gratha'ka is a predator. Its aggression is such that it would tear apart foes with its bare teeth and claws. A telepathic organ in the skull allows for remote guidance of groups of Gratha'ka. The Gratha'ka are pack creatures and will typically follow a leader Gratha'ka which is what allows the remote guidance of groups of the creatures. Additionally Gratha'ka are instinctively protective of Liir. While the Gratha'ka are optimised for land combat where the Liir are weak they are amphibious and are capable of surviving and thriving underwater.

The Gratha'ka eat. This goes without saying, but what should be noted is what they do with what they eat. They make more Gratha'ka. Every Gratha'ka is both male and female, able to share their genetic code and bear a child Gratha'ka. They are optimized for rapid creation of offspring, proportional to how much extra food they make. We could drop a few Gratha'ka on a planet and they would reproduce naturally, creating a controllable army.

A few final tweaks, like night vision and improved senses finish off the Gratha'ka.
I changed a few things here and there and added a bunch of things. I hope you don't mind. I added a bit of science to their fur (saying they have carbon fur isn't saying much we have 51% carbon in our hair already) to hopefully make them tougher against a wider array of threats.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 04, 2018, 03:20:04 pm »

From Jerick

Quote from: Design: Boarding Appendages
The enemy likely swims the black ocean in hard hollow shells. We will puncture these hollow shells and fill them with the products of our research. We will weave long (about three times the length of standard DE class ship when fully extended) prehensile tentacles that each end in a tough beak capable of burrowing or smashing through the toughest materials. The tentacles can be directed to wrap around and ensnare anything in reach with the ship's captain retaining fine control over the appendages. The appendages help enable this fine control through a number of ways including a detailed sense of touch and a constant feed of sensory data relating to the current position of each tendril to the individual connected to the ships tele organ.

The tentacles themselves are hollow and can either propel boarding forces down their length via peristalsis or can disgorge large quantity of chemicals or gases directly into the enemy ship. In addition, these tentacles can spray out clouds of chemicals or gases around the ship in case we wish to use chemical means to defeat missile type weaponry. By default, the tentacles will possess a gland to produce a fast-acting corrosive chemical located at the very base of the tentacle where it connects to the ship. This gland will create and store corrosive chemicals that it will if directed pour down the tentacle into the grappled target. It will be easy to replace and or alter this gland allowing easy upgrades or changes to the type of chemicals the tentacle can unleash.

The tentacles will be comprised of numerous segments. Each segment will contain a ring of muscle connecting the current segment to the segment in front of it. These muscle fibres will be densely packed and powerful. In order to improve muscle density, the fibres will connect diagonally thus not reducing power but allowing more muscle to be packed into the same quantity of space. In addition, the muscles metabolism will be adjusted for maximum performance with changes that allow them to metabolise lactic acid and other changes. Which parts of the ring of muscle fibres contract or are allowed to stretch determine the movement of the segment of the appendage. Each segment has a tough, mostly rigid ring of Lignin filled cells. The muscle fibres connect these rings with the rings of cells in the next segment. While relatively rigid the cells in these can be compressed and the internal cell structure will act like a spring. The muscles can contract and heavily compress the whole appendage that once released will shoot out with extreme force. Each segment will also feature tough, very durable connective tissues that are able to stretch easily without being damaged. It will also feature a protective layer of rapidly replaced expendable cells that protects it from anything hazardous it is transporting. And finally, each segment will have a small muscle based pump and circulatory system that connects back to the segment behind it. This means there is a chain of small hearts maintaining circulation all the way down the length of the appendage.

There is one unusual segment that houses the beak at the end of the tentacle. It consists of four parts that form a dense, pointed cone and can open up to unleash the contents of the tentacle. The outside of the beak is coated with barbs that catch on anything that tries to pull away from it. The other capabilities of the appendage help immensely in penetrating the enemy void swimmer. The sense of touch means it can find weak points easily. The muscles of a few sections can cycle compression and release rapidly allowing the beak to act like a jackhammer. It can gnaw, twist, rip and tear. There is little that it will not be able to eventually force its way inside. The beak can also be used as a manipulator permitting it to perform a wide array of possible functions.

Since the tentacle consists of mostly simple cells and cell structures it will regenerate from even extensive damage (however not at combat relevant speeds) and requires complete destruction at the point where it connects to the ship to fully destroy it (where it houses its glands and more complex connections into the rest of the ship. Anything else will be insufficient to prevent its return to combat effectiveness.

While long the point where these appendages connect to the ship is small allowing them to attach to small hardpoints. Unfortunately while potentially potent these weapons will only be successful at very close range (for ship combat)

I support this. Also, I want to make a micro telepathic organ.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 04, 2018, 03:28:34 pm »

As requested from Discord, this is the reminder that when you're making an infantry regiment, you're absolutely allowed to describe their equipment as well- you are not restricted to designing one rifle at a time. While including many things into the basic regiment will raise cost, and many advanced things will raise complexity, you're allowed to go into a good amount of detail.

tl;dr: A design for a regiment may include any and all tech that would not be relegated to attachments.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 05, 2018, 11:43:00 am »

I suppose we should vote.
Quote from: votes
Boarding Appendages: (1) Jerick
I do like the appendages, mostly because with them we can use grappled enemy ships as impromptu shields.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 04:36:52 am by Jerick »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27