Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 37

Author Topic: Conspiracy Theories: The Reread The Civility Clause Thread  (Read 46317 times)

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Conspiracy Theories:The Back In My Day Thread
« Reply #435 on: June 21, 2018, 11:09:54 am »

Okay, so here is the proof that this guy, who works in the military, is harassing me.
https://np.reddit.com/user/Sampioni13
https://imgur.com/a/cUA7Bsf
and then, if you go and look at his post history, he clearly talks about how he's in the military. Even then, if you wanted to give this guy the benefit of the doubt...when it literally proves what is being said as some...ironic cognitive fallback point, you can clearly see him talking in this post- https://www.reddit.com/r/whatisthisthing/comments/86xncj/the_thing_in_the_back_of_the_truck_were_in_hawaii/ about a 'water foil board'. wow, what a clown way to disguise the fact that you are continuing to water board people. No matter, go to this post, https://www.reddit.com/r/rant/comments/86ixch/im_working_way_too_fucking_much/ , and he will complain about 'working too much' or probably just getting physically tired of waterboarding people all day. Nevermind the fact that this man lives in hawaii, a NSA hotbed, and is constantly talking using keywords that anyone that has a lick of sense from anything remotely military, or better yet general knowledge that any one in a military family would have just by default of being a military family.
"So now I'm doing two jobs. Both of which have only been worked by people E6-E7 for the last 7 years at least. While I'm an E3 and still not responsible enough to move out of the dorms even though I'm apparently responsible enough to review the unit's multi-million dollar budget."
this level of bufoonerry would only happen at an intelligence agency. I'm sorry, but the logical disconnect there is that this is one man they are shoving off managing millions of dollars of budget to. He's an E3, 23 years old, and managing millions of dollars for his unit. There is no way anyone in the marines, or any non-intelligence branch would be able to have that much fucking money in the first place, the NSA hoards it all and manages it like they can just go to the federal reserve and print more. Which they probably actually do, but that is besides the point of me getting a death threat from someone that is in the military, posts stuff that is pretty..original in the content, and then uses very often used words that are prevalent in the intelligence community, especially NSA.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Conspiracy Theories:The Civility Clause Thread
« Reply #436 on: June 21, 2018, 12:27:05 pm »

I think I see what happened here. The post you're calling harassment happened on r/nosleep, which is a reddit for sharing horror stories and creepypasta and so forth. In context, what you intended to be read seriously could reasonably be interpreted as an attempt to add to the story, and it looks like he responded in that spirit. That sort of exchange seems to be common on that Reddit, and no one intends them to be taken seriously. They're like forum games here.

As for the water foil board, that's an actual thing, although usually known as a hydrofoil board; it's a sort of surfboard with a hydrofoil array on the bottom so the surfer hydroplanes through the water and goes faster than they would on a normal board. Whatever the NSA presence in Hawaii might be, it's hardly surprising to see surfing equipment on an archipelago known for its waves -- but it would be surprising for the NSA to refer to waterboarding by a code that includes the words "water" and "board" rather than something totally unrelated and therefore totally unhelpful to someone listening in. That's been standard practice in the assignation of code words since WW2.

I grant you it's likely he's in the military, but there are some 36,000 military personnel in Hawaii. In the post, he mentions being assigned to a variety of administrative duties in lieu of the physical duties he'd be expected to do without his hip injury, which is exactly what one might expect of someone in the military. He's complaining about how much paperwork he has to do. Who here hasn't had more bookkeeping in our jobs than we might prefer? As for the budget review thing, review is not management. He's presumably expected to tally up the budget and ensure there are no arithmetic errors, not to determine where the money goes. Besides, we don't know how big a unit he's referring to. That budget may make perfect sense.

So, in short, what you regard as a death threat was made in a context where he probably assumed you were joking and was joking likewise, and nothing in his post history suggests he's anything other than he appears to be: a person in the military with unusual duties for his rank in view of his injury.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 12:29:29 pm by Trekkin »

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: June 21, 2018, 01:23:37 pm »

hey x2, what are your thoughts on Q anon? Will he be able to take down the deep state?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: June 21, 2018, 03:11:34 pm »

Ok, Trekkin, this is the conspiracy theory thread, not the reasonable examination and de-escalation thread... that one is... well, I don't think we're allowed to keep those on the internet anymore, they keep turning into weird trekkie vore fanfic discussion for some reason... *shudder*

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: June 21, 2018, 05:57:07 pm »

@x2yzh9: you just have to google "water foil board" and you get pictures of what is clearly the thing in the back of that truck - a foilboard, which is used ... on water.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: June 21, 2018, 06:46:51 pm »

This thread was an entirely predictable mistake.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: June 22, 2018, 12:29:41 am »

I'm making a note here: HUGE [REDACTED]

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: June 22, 2018, 02:15:55 am »

"It also says you were adopted. So there's that too."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: June 22, 2018, 04:30:47 am »

Well here we are again.
It's always such a pleasure.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: June 22, 2018, 07:54:49 am »

It's approaching that point, yeah.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: June 22, 2018, 08:14:06 am »

It was inevitable
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: June 22, 2018, 08:38:13 am »

It's approaching that point, yeah.

It was fun while it lasted, but everything on Bay12 devolves into smug shitposting sooner or later.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: June 22, 2018, 08:48:23 am »

:smugface:
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 37