Somewhere cold
- 1 (25%)
Somewhere good
- 0 (0%)
Somewhere evil
- 1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Shatterfate - A woodless/stoneless Succession Fort  (Read 20635 times)

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
Re: Shatterfate - A woodless/stoneless Succession Fort
« Reply #135 on: October 17, 2018, 06:22:10 am »

I'm starting to think futile grazing animals are even more cursed than futile dwarves.

I double this thinking.

Check the notes! At least some of them are labelled.

I did check them. And there was no notes on them, maybe the notes were lost on the save transfer?

Refactoring a boozeless fortress with no stone or wood, 16 coke and an army of goblins keeping you from going outside? What could go wrong.

It wouldn't be Dwarf Fortress, if it were wasy...
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 17, 2018, 08:42:44 pm »

Ok... I might not be able to make our survival... After several savescums (I'm not proud of those) I still can't get the fort to survive. No booze and the loss of friends (Apparently people did die, I just didn't notice them yet) creates a tantrum spiral EVERY SINGLE TIME I savescum. I'm sorry guys, but I can't take this. I feel like my sanity is slowly fading away with this fortress. Hope I don't get nightmares with the name "F U T I L E".

Anyway... Sorry
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 18, 2018, 02:47:04 am »

Ok... I might not be able to make our survival... After several savescums (I'm not proud of those) I still can't get the fort to survive. No booze and the loss of friends (Apparently people did die, I just didn't notice them yet) creates a tantrum spiral EVERY SINGLE TIME I savescum. I'm sorry guys, but I can't take this. I feel like my sanity is slowly fading away with this fortress. Hope I don't get nightmares with the name "F U T I L E".

Anyway... Sorry
Huh. I got the impression only one or two unnamed dwarves had died to date. Lack of booze is bad, but it should be that bad.

If you want, you can start the year over and get everyone inside before sealing the entrance. Or someone else can take the fort. I don't mind, so long as Shatterfate keeps going. I want my glass palace dammit!

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 18, 2018, 04:37:04 am »

I'm sorry guys, but I can't take this. I feel like my sanity is slowly fading away with this fortress.
This can be used to describe Dwarf fortress as a whole, and as such, I am going to now quote it.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 18, 2018, 06:23:35 am »

Anyway... Sorry
Huh. I got the impression only one or two unnamed dwarves had died to date. Lack of booze is bad, but it should be that bad.

If you want, you can start the year over and get everyone inside before sealing the entrance. Or someone else can take the fort. I don't mind, so long as Shatterfate keeps going. I want my glass palace dammit!

I'm still trying over here (Savescum count: 4), but I would suggest allowing someone more experienced to try and make the fort survive, as I've been playing DF for roughly, a year, but I'm only starting to "understand" it now...

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 24, 2018, 09:24:57 am »

That's pretty hard to do without a save. Which I'm morbidly curious about, per QuQuasar's words.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 20, 2018, 12:24:24 pm »

I'm itching to Shatter Fate, is there a open boss miner position?

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 20, 2018, 01:55:44 pm »

As a fellow human who cares for the good sanity of the others, I would suggest you to not try it. But as I am a DF player... I say go for it!

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 20, 2018, 05:15:11 pm »

Go for what?  Which save? 
Upload your save pre-save scum point also? 

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 21, 2018, 06:20:14 am »

There's no point in updating the savescum file because it happened relatively close to the point where I started. It could be possible still, but I am a total noob  :-X

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 21, 2018, 09:15:20 am »

Can you upload the save to DFFD?  The last save link is no longer available because the site auto deletes after 14 days.

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 21, 2018, 11:32:30 am »

Can you upload the save to DFFD?  The last save link is no longer available because the site auto deletes after 14 days.

Well... we might have a problem here... I do believe that I still have it in my computer, but I'm not sure. Problem here is: My monitor broke down, I already sent it to repair but I don't know if gets ready today or tomorrow. Should it be ready today, I'll try to upload it tonight when I get home from work (should I still have it). If not, then tomorrow I get the monitor and try tomorrow.

I didn't know It auto deleted itself...

applet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 21, 2018, 01:22:01 pm »

I've always liked these kind of variants.

I'd like a turn, if you'll take a noob - !Fun! may happen at an elevated rate etc.
Ledpaddled
Meanwhile in the background, some migrant brought a cat! The first cat in Whisperwhip for a few years now, actually. The local population accidentally died of exploding over the years.

After 3 days, the new cat explodes.

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 21, 2018, 03:38:27 pm »

if you'll take a noob - !Fun! may happen at an elevated rate etc.

I said the same, and ended up killing the fort x)

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 22, 2018, 09:45:33 pm »

Sorry for the double-posting :(

So, my monitor arrived, I checked and I still have the save, it is just a couple minutes from the very beggining. Exactly after my update, so everyone knows how it is right now. Sorry for the hassle :(

Linky
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11