Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 55

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia: Gameover. The Smoke! It's In The Smoke! Was It Worth It?  (Read 91872 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

I don't like to remember that game.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do not trust Hector. He twists words, rather than looking for the lines in between.

That, and Juicebox should be the best vote other than him. For me anyway.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What makes you say I'm not looking for the lines in between?

What are the lines in between, that you have seen?

You accused MM of twisting your words too:

...No clue why you twist them so..
If an SK exists, then there should have been two kills.1 kill would have been prevented, while another went through. If one does not, then no issue. It's just a theory on what could have happened. I thought I went over this before...

Is that better for your senses?

I "twist" your words because I am looking for clues, and because text communication occasionally fails. So I take whatever you say, translate into something that makes sense to me, and attempt to reflect it back through the screen. Then I study your reaction for clues as to how close I came to your original intent.

So I'm not sure why I'm less trustworthy and he is moreso..? Particularly when I prefer to ask questions that clarify the veracity of my assumptions, as opposed to plowing ahead and expecting you to respond to my assumption and correct me simultaneously.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do not trust Hector. He twists words, rather than looking for the lines in between.

That, and Juicebox should be the best vote other than him. For me anyway.

How exactly am I the best vote? Can you please state your case?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can you state a case?

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't currently need to state a case, since I'm not advocating to lynch anybody right now. You, however, are calling for people to vote for me, which if you want people to do that you should provide them with a case for it.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've definitely provided a case. And if I've missed any refutation of my reasoning, I'd appreciate a recap.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've got three votes that look pretty firm on me. juicebox hasn't voted but I'm one of the top suspects there, too.

They say never give up but in this case I have a specific need due to my role.

When I'm lynched the last person to vote for me becomes a vanilla version of their role (vanilla townie, plain goon, etc.). So mightymushroom.
There, that's defused.

hector, you've already said you suspect me and no one else. If you won't accept my version of my own posts, then I have no more defense to offer.

You are expecting more from me than you've gotten, and filling in your blanks with scumminess. You're right, I don't know what questions to ask. Do you think I'm happy I spent D2 chasing a ghost in TricMagic's imagination? I reached a point in the last game, too, where I had been easily led down side paths and had no idea how to break open the scum team. I don't want pity, that will only encourage bad habits, and in its own way it makes sense to reason that if I'm not contributing well enough it could be because I don't want to be.

It's just so wearying to see myself portrayed as some sadistic mastermind veiling secret taunts. If I ever have occasion to play as mafia, I can only hope you'll discover that's not how I would do it. I can almost believe our communication gap is closing, but not fast enough and I can't keep up my end of this back and forth even if we extended. I've accepted the imminent outcome.

-----

I will respond directly to (5) "What do you mean by the italicised part?" since that is newer, and I hope simpler.

This:
[5]: "This is also the point at which I warn hector that I don't like what I read as eagerness to steer everyone else away from TricMagic."

I am so eager to steer everyone clear of TricMagic that I list him as scum in a reads list, don't bring up ever again that I think Moony's flip cleared him, and vote him at the start of D3.

You argue that my D2 accusation is no good by including your vote of D3 as evidence.
We already covered that I underappreciated what you did D2, but expecting me to know beforehand what you will do D3 is a step too far.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

The sun is falling through the air. Off in the horizon, it approaches the horizon.

It's nearly time.

Unless one of you would push it back?
~~~
VOTECOUNT:
*[0] hector13:
*[0] Starver:
-[0] TricMagic:
*[0] IcyTea31:
*[0] randomgenericusername:
*[2] juicebox: TricMagic, Starver
*[4] mightymushroom: hector13, randomgenericusername, IcyTea31, mightymushroom

Those not voting: juicebox

*: Personal extension. The power to push the day's end back.

[3] Community Extension: TricMagic, IcyTea31, Starver

The day ends at 7:30. Will you push the sun back? Delay the smoke, rapidly filling the air? Or will you let your current situation take its course?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How about no? Don't think this is the best, not least of which is that I really don't think this is correct.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

If the vote count is wrong, please tell me. And why it's wrong.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's not, I just dislike this lynch.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Convince us to vote for someone else then.

Also, I voted for a communal extension at some point.

Communal extension, anyway.

To be fair, unless there's another vig kicking around, this is probably our last chance to flip Tric. That's the only other option I'd take right now.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would take it too.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The advantage I can see (PPE: prior to the last two ninjaing posts, this is!) is that it either confirms or modifies the assumed D1 actions. If we're lucky it gets a multifunction (but secondary to the kills) Mafia, rather than something like a Jester JOAT or an actual useful (FCVO 'useful') Town-allied person.

Still, we can probably afford to lose them, if it's actually not too insane a death-condition. I would prefer to go for someone with no declarable Town alliance, as we're both trying to vote for (even if we're a little bit wrong), but the worst thing is that after so much "so who are you voting for, Starver?" there seems to be very little notice taken of my choice now that I've made one. (And not so lightly, do I do so!)
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 55