Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 55

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia: Gameover. The Smoke! It's In The Smoke! Was It Worth It?  (Read 91984 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

Like lynching anti-town roles on D1 and 2.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Smacks Spin.

I'm two for two Max. Now go talk with the rest of the goats.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

That’s an oddly individual stance to take there, Tric.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Starver
If TricMagic is off to sleep, I may as well repeat my question whether you figured out what was bothering you about him N1? (And, implicitly, share?)
I think I saw a reference to learning more in the night, apologies if I got ahead of events before.

TricMagic
Whether Starver answers or not:

...No clue why you twist them so..
If an SK exists, then there should have been two kills.1 kill would have been prevented, while another went through. If one does not, then no issue. It's just a theory on what could have happened. I thought I went over this before...

Is that better for your senses?

I "twist" your words because I am looking for clues, and because text communication occasionally fails. So I take whatever you say, translate into something that makes sense to me, and attempt to reflect it back through the screen. Then I study your reaction for clues as to how close I came to your original intent.

And juicebox backs me up that you appeared to have more than merely a possibility in mind when you wrote about there being a second kill that was stopped. You pretty much accused RGU of lying to protect Starver over it (and judging by your words you didn't drop that suspicion of RGU until this morning).

I don't want to dwell on this particular post too long while you're not around, because it does sound like you have more to say today and our communication may clear up. But, No, it's not "better for [my] senses," now it sounds like you are altering your quote box to say what I want to hear rather than what you mean. Problem is, I never wanted to hear an echo.

PPE: You are also seeking a lot of personal credit for a group activity.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

hector: TM did the same thing yesterday, speaking as if he had personally secured Moony's lynch.

That's not the way I remember it. :-\

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I got a PM in which I was informed that I was roleblocked, despite not doing anything at all (because Odd Night). Did anyone get a PM saying they were roleblocked yesterday?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Starver
If TricMagic is off to sleep, I may as well repeat my question whether you figured out what was bothering you about him N1? (And, implicitly, share?)
I think I saw a reference to learning more in the night, apologies if I got ahead of events before.
I've learnt that Tric is likely either Mad or Bad. Either that or I am (Mad, at least).

There may be someone else messing with me. As a faint possibility, you explicitly raised the question and maybe you'd know something of what I might be told I find. Though relative insanity could violate information sourced in that episodic downtime much easier...

I may expand on that shortly. I've got things to read and notes to check.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Speaking of which, the first thing entirely of my own to say is that I think one person out there knows exactly my outcome last night (by lots of circumstantial knowledge). It doesn't necessarily flip me, nor them, in but it probably adds up. Still, if you think you recognise my initial announcement, it could be bracketted as layer on and might even help start a nascent web-of-trust. I'm already sure that all claims I've heard are unlikely to be from this person, but I'm open to alternate ideas.

I just want to requote this from yesterday, to make sure I have it handy. There's a simple answer (that I can't yet prove) to the questions I'm asking myself, but it's not the only answer, and the more complex one relies on a claim made the other day to be remembered. I am likely to place a vote, though. One way or another. It probably won't have any effect on tonight.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

I got a PM in which I was informed that I was roleblocked, despite not doing anything at all (because Odd Night). Did anyone get a PM saying they were roleblocked yesterday?
I am a Limited Shots Jailkeeper. I figured you'd be a target if you are good, and that you'd only act if you are scum.

Further insights to come.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That complicates my simple answer, but it stops one of the more complicated answers from featuring too highly.

If you expand on that before I'm back (I'm disjointed to the daily cycle, and must sleep) I might specifically have more to say when I am. For one thing, can you say what happens if someone had tried to visit a jailbird?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's a question better pointed at Fallacy, but the ability description specifies that it protects from kills, and thus presumably not from other types of visit.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Response to MaximumSpin's bah: I was the one who made most of those statements, under the impression that it'd be stupid if the town had four roles with protective abilities. I didn't take the possibility of a mafia-sided doctor to account, though, so that's on me.

Reads and knowledge:
  • hector13: Null. No claim that I can remember. Scumhunting townishly, but not too actively.
  • Starver: Town. My target on N1. Softclaimed tracker or watcher. If there is no SK, I'm inclined to believe 'em.
  • TricMagic: Town pending moderator response. Claimed JOAT. I have no idea what's up with 'em, but their claimed actions are somewhat plausible; I need to check something about this with Fallacy.
  • randomgenericusername: Town. My target on N2. Claimed odd-night cop. I think he's being honest, and that BHK was attempting a town gambit on D1.
  • juicebox: Slight scum. No claim. Insufficient data, but what data exist are slightly suspicious.
  • mightymushroom: Slight town. Claimed JOAT. Logical playstyle that fits both town and scum.

Could I get claims out of Hector and juicebox?

If an investigative action based on the actions of other players on the same night is delayed, does it give information about actions on the night it was originally used on, or about actions on the night it was delayed to? In other words, is the action itself delayed, or are its results merely given late?

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There may be someone else messing with me. As a faint possibility, you explicitly raised the question and maybe you'd know something of what I might be told I find. Though relative insanity could violate information sourced in that episodic downtime much easier...

If I know something, it is not because I messed with you. I did have an answer regarding "finer points of application" from Fallacy that I don't believe TricMagic was expecting, but I'm not yet sure just what you've been expecting. Mostly I've been interested because Tric's apparent animus toward you is one of the few things you've been willing to post about.

And the application of my knowledge to the current situation depends on to what degree Tric is honest about his action claim; I belatedly realized that there is a sequence of events by which he could be faking, although his overall demeanor makes it harder to credit. A simple answer and a complicated one, to borrow your phrase. I believe there are only two possible outcomes for his "messed up" action that cannot be outright lies. I don't (yet) have any test stronger than Occam's razor to say whether those two are also true but it would be a much greater burden to prove them false.

If an investigative action based on the actions of other players on the same night is delayed, does it give information about actions on the night it was originally used on, or about actions on the night it was delayed to? In other words, is the action itself delayed, or are its results merely given late?

I already know this answer (the question of application to which I alluded above), and I'll be glad to share after TricMagic expounds his further claim. If he doesn't know yet, there's no need to give him the 'correct' response.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know, maybe we should massclaim. There are probably only 1-2 scum left and we have already lynched right twice. Many have already claimed, so there isn't really a point in hiding the remaining roles unless they are either scum/third or a powerful role. Or at least that's what I think.

I am a Limited Shots Jailkeeper. I figured you'd be a target if you are good, and that you'd only act if you are scum.

Further insights to come.

If you are a X-Shot Jailkeeper, why did you target me on an even night? If I was scum or third, I still wouldn't have acted because a tracker could have targeted me to confirm the claim. And I feel that the scum team would probably still leave me alive since part of the town is still suspicious about me and they can use that to get me lynched instead of using a kill.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Damn. I did target you...

Cop(One-shot)-Starver, Town result
Tracker(One-shot)-Rgun, No movement Night 2{Dislike You saying something like that Icytea}
Watcher(One-shot)-Yet unused
Gunsmith(One-shot)-Yet unused

Should be noted that I don't entirely trust your claim Icytea, but I'll let it slide till the next day. As a question, are you out of that power?
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 55