Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 55

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia: Gameover. The Smoke! It's In The Smoke! Was It Worth It?  (Read 91942 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

I don't really see a point on continuing this, sicnenit's obvious Macimum Spin isn't going to confess being scum and I'm not going to unvote him. I have stated why I think he's scum and why we should lynch him, so the only thing left is waiting for him to be voted and lynched by the other players. This would be a good time to discuss other possible suspects.

Something I said waaaaay back when you announced your claim, and still insisted on trying to convince MaxSpin he’s scum. Why waste the entire day doing that instead of actually finding his scum partners?

Answer: because you are his scum partner, looking for the easy towncred by “finding” scum.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't really see a point on continuing this, sicnenit's obvious Macimum Spin isn't going to confess being scum and I'm not going to unvote him. I have stated why I think he's scum and why we should lynch him, so the only thing left is waiting for him to be voted and lynched by the other players. This would be a good time to discuss other possible suspects.

Something I said waaaaay back when you announced your claim, and still insisted on trying to convince MaxSpin he’s scum. Why waste the entire day doing that instead of actually finding his scum partners?

Answer: because you are his scum partner, looking for the easy towncred by “finding” scum.

A bussing actually seems... plausible. It explains Random's fixation on Spin, and his repeated mantra of "lynch one of us". Also why Spin seems to be wasting time and confusing us rather than giving clear logical defense.

I feel like Spin would be doing more to help the bus, however. Then again he could just be better at playing scum and hiding it... Maybe one of them doesn't know? Maybe Random is an investigative Ally or something?
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright then. In that case, it would be better to lynch me this day to confirm the cop result instead of staying alive and wasting everyone's time then. Since I already claimed cop, I don't expect to survive a lot since either scum is going to take me out or they are going to keep me alive to make town suspicious about me and lynch me at a later day. Maybe scum has a roleblocker and they just target me every odd night, which would make me useless during the rest of the game. In that case, I would be more useful dead, so If you think I'm his scum partner, vote me instead. My lynch would confirm Maximum as scum and benefit the town. I'm saying to lynch one or the other just because we can't lynch both of us. I don't need to prove that I am town and avoid the lynch because my own lynch would still benefit the town by confirming my cop result. I say it's better to lynch one of us because it would be better than not voting and lynching neither. We don't get any information if we abstain.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

We're not abstaining though. The only votes today have been for MaxSpin. The only reason you've been bringing up people not voting is because you don't want to jeopardise this gambit you've thrown yourself and your team into, which could feasibly happen if there aren't that many people voting for one of you.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

Also why Spin seems to be wasting time and confusing us rather than giving clear logical defense.
I'm not even sure whether this helps or hurts my case anymore, but, I don't care either, so, okay, what clear logical defense would you give in my position?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, the logical defense is no defense. Go on offence. Go on.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, the logical defense is no defense. Go on offence. Go on.
I did, I have, that's what I'm doing even now.

Even this post is me on offense. You won't recognise how, most likely, which is of course the point.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Like the wall was my offense?

If we can't recognize an end-game, it's no working. And I'm pretty sure today is the last day without an extension.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maximum Spin: I went without voting you for a long time because, as my arguments with blueturtle show, I was willing to entertain the possibility of your doctor claim a bit more readily than most other people today. But of all the theories and all the shade you throw out hoping they might "stick", the only one you yourself seem willing to commit to is the second framer, something for which you cite no evidence except by us seeing you framed on the flip.

randomgenericusername: I'm not a fan of the "lynch us both and you'll see I'm right" ploy. But it's overall consistent with BHK's near-identical behavior and the claim is pursued with more . . . direction . . . compared to Max Spin. Except for the one post he votes you, he argues from an premise that you are town making a questionable move, something again for which he doesn't cite evidence but that he would know as fact if he's scum and if you're not. (Or would very much want other people to believe if you both are. Either way . . . .)

TricMagic: You are my strongest non-Max scum read. Interrupted a bit by claiming a Watcher ability on the guy who asks to be visited, which actually seems reasonable and I'm a bit sorry my action interrupted that report if you're Honest. But you still! haven't explained why you thought there would be two kills – such that I question whether you were watching or trying a kill yourself – nor does it explain your animus against Starver or how you think any such result vindicates or condemns Starver's alignment.

hector13: If I say that I think you're town I expect to be hit with "I'm very good at appearing town" again, no doubt encouraging me to refine my read. I'm working at it but some people give me more handles than others. I am more than a bit surprised that you seem willing to give TricMagic a pass based on Moony's vote. I was under the impression that mafia-ally aren't told who their partners are? My disturbance is enhanced after you told TM
Well then, BHK makes a point. You will die at some point, the earlier the better.
but found seemingly slight reasons to pass him over both days.

juicebox: AWOL.

blueturtle1134: You take care to include yourself as town OR scum in your analyses, a cute little rhetorical trick. But I believe I detect a town bias underlying your words and if I'm wrong then I'm willing to be misled at least for the remainder of today. If I don't post again before deadline then let me say have a good night.

Starver: Do you ever intend to vote? Do you have any more insight on what TricMagic may or may not have been doing last night?

IcyTea31: What is your opinion regarding the possible extent of duplicate role archetypes?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If an SK exists, then there should have been two kills. If one does not, then no issue. It's just a theory on what could have happened. I thought I went over this before...

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

the only one you yourself seem willing to commit to is the second framer, something for which you cite no evidence except by us seeing you framed on the flip.
Ah, there's where you're mistaken; I'm not willing to commit to that either. Well, I'm willing to commit to there being a second framer out of some sense of cosmic irony, but not that that second framer did anything relevant to the issue; today, looking with fresh eyes again, I honestly do think RGU is just lying. I'm never willing to commit to any hypothesis, that's what makes them hypotheses. Also I never, ever suggested you test anything by seeing me framed on the flip because I do not want to be lynched. I'm sure RGU would argue that that's an anti-town impulse and I should be willing to be lynched for the good of the team, but I'm afraid I can't help but count myself as the most valuable player to myself. I think I'm more useful alive than dead. Not that it's likely to matter now.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Starver: Do you ever intend to vote? Do you have any more insight on what TricMagic may or may not have been doing last night?
(Second part first) Not directly.
(First part second) I was tempted to add to the vote, but I'm on the edge of confidence. And less inclined to risk painting myself a vote-sniper (when it all goes horribly wrong) since Hector pointed out (correctly) that I have a reputation for jumping in at the last minute to perform a coup-de-grace.

I'm currently assembling my arguments, but not seeing any way that my thoughts are going to be pivotal. In any good way.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

IcyTea31: What is your opinion regarding the possible extent of duplicate role archetypes?
I heavily doubt there are two doctors, based on my read of what happened in the Night. Two framers (or otherwise misleading roles, as Moony technically wasn't a framer) also seem unlikely, but not impossible. This is outguessing the mod, but I agree on the insight that this is supposed to be a beginner-friendly game and therefore the setup probably isn't too silly.

There almost certainly aren't two of every role, as I've seen no evidence of anyone having the same role as I do.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

TricMagic: Well, you may have meant to say so but if you did I missed it. What I did see was you posting right off that warlock must have been a second kill, then later saying that max spin may have done in darkwarlock as the hypothesized secondary killer, here and here. Your posts read as very concerned at that time for something you say now is "no issue." If it's no issue, are you also dropping your campaign against Starver? Or is that distinct?

MaxSpin: Wanting to avoid a lynch could be arguably more pro-town than otherwise but the very same argument ("my alignment is more likely to succeed while I live") makes it pro-mafia and pro-3rd as well so it doesn't do much more for you than RGU's martyrdom gambit does for him. I may have mischaracterized some of your hypotheses as they got translated across the screen (sucks to be you) but you did succeed in one thing: I'm not voting you over the guilty investigation itself but from my judgment on your day game.

IcyTea: Hmm.

I asked that because on re-reading the thread you were the first person I saw bringing up the question,
Fallacy, is it possible for two players to have the same role?
before it became a defensive ploy so I thought you might have extra insight. How is your answer different if I change the wording from duplicate roles/archetypes to duplicate abilities within roles?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

How is your answer different if I change the wording from duplicate roles/archetypes to duplicate abilities within roles?
In my eyes, if two roles have the same abilities, they are the same role. Additionally:
I've seen no evidence of anyone having the same role as I do.
Implication: mine is a role that leaves evidence.

There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 55