Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 55

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia: Gameover. The Smoke! It's In The Smoke! Was It Worth It?  (Read 91932 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

Tric: Why are you letting that slide? There is literally no reason to avoid pushing on that now.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And why not? Do you think we should push him?

If So, Vote: IcyTea

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

If you are a X-Shot Jailkeeper, why did you target me on an even night? If I was scum or third, I still wouldn't have acted because a tracker could have targeted me to confirm the claim. And I feel that the scum team would probably still leave me alive since part of the town is still suspicious about me and they can use that to get me lynched instead of using a kill.
You don't see the WIFOM in both of those statements? Perhaps the tracker would know that you wouldn't act and would target someone else, thus you would act (I didn't take into account that I'm not sure how MM's delay works on Tric's track). And perhaps the scum might consider a live cop a greater threat than a suspicious townie is useful.

And why not? Do you think we should push him?

If So, Vote: IcyTea
Usually one pushes with a tricky question or an intriguing statement rather than a raw vote. You know, something that forces the suspect to respond to it?

As a question, are you out of that power?
If I was going to tell you, I wouldn't have said 'limited shots'.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

TricMagic, please explain your sequence more thoroughly. Which part messed up?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I meant I accidentally used inspect night 1, rather than watch. And that action came through tonight. So with both framers out of the way, Starver is very likely to be town.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How do you even manage to accidentally do that? I don't believe it. We had a scum doctor and a town doctor, so it's possible we also have a town JOAT and a scum JOAT. Scum already had an inventor, but you have been acting very weird and the miller claim doesn't really help.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tric,
One more question: did you really not know which ability you activated? (ninjaed)
I'm skeptical because your words sound very sure that you would catch or exonerate Starver when you spoke early D2.
I don't see any logical way a Watcher result would do so but an alignment inspect obviously would.

If I wait for Starver, he could charge me with going last so that I could pick the answer everyone else wants to hear.

So, my insight into the TM situation is that when I asked Fallacy a question about how my delay works, my answer only makes sense if the entire action is resolved the next night, and not merely the result reported late.

IcyTea31

I don't find your explanation convincing. What does my delay have to do with anything?
Tric yesterday claimed Watcher and today Cop, but never that he used his Tracker N1. So how could delay possibly change your calculus?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't find your explanation convincing. What does my delay have to do with anything?
Tric yesterday claimed Watcher and today Cop, but never that he used his Tracker N1. So how could delay possibly change your calculus?
Track used on N1 and delayed to work in full on N2 is a believable claim because Tric wouldn't have known that RGU was blocked this night, yet announced it before I got a word in. If it was used on N1 and gets the results of that night, it's a lie. But now that I look at it, you're right, there is something odd going on here:
Damn. I did target you...

Cop(One-shot)-Starver, Town result
Tracker(One-shot)-Rgun, No movement Night 2{Dislike You saying something like that Icytea}
Watcher(One-shot)-Yet unused
Gunsmith(One-shot)-Yet unused

Should be noted that I don't entirely trust your claim Icytea, but I'll let it slide till the next day. As a question, are you out of that power?
No clue, but at least I got something out of it.

Going to let people talk, but Rgun didn't go out last night.
Right then..

To answer your question, I have 4 One-shot skills. 1 for each night. The one I used last night was the Watcher skill. I was delayed, so I'm waiting to get my result.

As for my other skill, Tracker.
What's with the inconsistent claims?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, RGU has confirmed being roleblocked, and Starver can confirm being blocked on N1 as well. This means I couldn't have performed the nightkill, even if I were scum.

Here's a question: if I was a mafia-sided jailor/roleblocker, why would I do it to an odd-night cop that I know isn't going to do anything that night?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To answer the inconsistency, I thought I used watch night 1. Turns out I didn't.

As for your question, you wouldn't know if he had an even ability.{Wonders if more people will show up and talk}

My role is out, so talk.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, RGU has confirmed being roleblocked, and Starver can confirm being blocked on N1 as well. This means I couldn't have performed the nightkill, even if I were scum.

Here's a question: if I was a mafia-sided jailor/roleblocker, why would I do it to an odd-night cop that I know isn't going to do anything that night?
Ok, I'm going to believe your claim since it wouldn't make sence for mafia to do that unless it was part of a weird gambit.

I have always seen inconsistency as a major scum tell, since only a liar would be inconsistent and only scum would lie. I'm going to vote TricMagic. As an Odd Night Cop, I really dobut there are more than 2 roles messing with investigations when my role is already weakened by the Odd Night modifier.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Right, well... My results are out there. And it's really unlikely Starver is Mafia, unless he's Godfather only.

Waits for the Lynch reveal.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Waits for the Lynch reveal.
We have until Monday. You're a little early with that.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

True

Defending myself though..  Hey Juicebox, speak up why don't you.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And now the laptop is dead.. Great...
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 55